Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2018 PGA Championship

Shankster

It's the shots people. Tiger hits shots that no one else even tries to hit. He goes at flags no one else goes at. He has done it his whole career its exciting stuff and that's why I watch him. He hit no fairways on the front 9 but was 3 under. Hes like tin cup i remember his shots because they are amazing. Remember that shot out of the bunker like 10 years ago over water at a tucked pin on the right.....he is fearless and he goes for it. He does what no one can and that's why we love him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before this thread heads into the archives of MGS history, I'm not going to pass up the opportunity to say "Nice showing Mr. Stewart Cink!!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

You're right!

I think he was super mad he didn't dunk that shot from his one of few fairways hit. Everyone said he looked pumped but I thought he was mad. An eagle 2 would have made things a little different.

I thought that he looked spent after the round in his post round interview he looked on the verge of tears. He left it all out there. He is a different person now I can see it in the way he handles the fans and he seems to appreciate the opportunity more now. I ja e no doubt he will win more majors look out 2019 Masters I am serious no one hits irons like he does no one. Wait till he gets a lead and those guys feel the pressure.

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Before this thread heads into the archives of MGS history, I'm not going to pass up the opportunity to say "Nice showing Mr. Stewart Cink!!

Yup!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I thought that he looked spent after the round in his post round interview he looked on the verge of tears. He left it all out there. He is a different person now I can see it in the way he handles the fans and he seems to appreciate the opportunity more now. I ja e no doubt he will win more majors look out 2019 Masters I am serious no one hits irons like he does no one. Wait till he gets a lead and those guys feel the pressure.

Yeah, he always looks absolutely spent.

My concerns for him aren't recovery or swing itself. My concern is if he has enough energy to string together 4 rounds. He needs to play 14-18 with the same energy he plays 1-13. He just needs to have the energy to put it all together.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

It just seemed to me, of the 3 guys at the end, 2 of them struggled with the one part of the game that made a difference down the stretch. The drive. 1 guy pounded Driver on these holes, even when he didn't need to. The other 2 needed to hit solid tee shots and both hit the Saturday hacker shot when it mattered most. Tiger needed a birdie on 17, or at least par as it turned out. Scott had to have birdie on 18. Tiger looked emotionally drained a bit to me going through 13-16 on Sunday, he was grinding hard and that can weigh on your body. He then flared a horrible tee shot to the right, which he struggled with all day. Adam Scott, who is one of the best ball strikers and most accurate Drivers in the game, hit one of the worst tee shots of the weekend on the 18th hole. Meanwhile Brooks looked calm and cool after a rocky Start, he settled in and made shot after shot. I think it's funny, everyone says brooks has no Personality, but not long ago the same folks where all over Rham because he shows to much emotion, which is part of his personality. Brooks does a lot of things right, he's a good person, and plays golf as even keeled as anyone of us wishes we were. If he was cost pumping all day, the talk would be that he's just showing off. The guy wins Majors, I don't care what emotion he shows, as long as he is a gracious champion, and treats people kindly.

BK can be emotionless with lack of personality all he wants, that doesn't take away how good of a player he is. But then people can't complain about the media not having any interest in him. 

And Rahm is the complete opposite, showing your emotions in a civilized way is one thing, but mauling your bag with your wedge, tossing clubs at your caddy, etc... that's just childish and borderline dangerous.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

We all like what we like.

When a player comes along that a lot of people like a lot, or else really love to hate a lot,

then he becomes a crossover star.

I guess that we know it only when it happens.

I don't predict it for Brooks Koepka, but that means nothing.

I'm not killing it picking the ponies, either.

Saying the Brooks is not a crossover star has nothing to do with how good a golfer he is. Sometimes crossover stars are not the best in their profession - at least that's what I've observed throughout my life.

I enjoy watching Tiger Woods because he is an All time great. That's his it factor - that was Jack's - people grew to love him. It will be that way for Koepka if he keeps winning but as we've seen that's hard to do.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

BK can be emotionless with lack of personality all he wants, that doesn't take away how good of a player he is. But then people can't complain about the media not having any interest in him.

And Rahm is the complete opposite, showing your emotions in a civilized way is one thing, but mauling your bag with your wedge, tossing clubs at your caddy, etc... that's just childish and borderline dangerous.

His lack of visible emotions contribute to his greatness.

If you are in a final parring with Rahm, who has a temper tantrum every 2 shots, you would think, yeah, I can beat him. He can't hold it together down the stretch and his emotions will get the better of him.

But if you are in a final parring with BK, you are thinking, what could I do to beat him. He is calm, cool, collected, and won't break down at the first sign of trouble. If you are in a parring where the guy just hits calm daggers every time, you start to think you can't win. His emotionless demeanor contributes to an intimidation factor.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

It's the shots people. Tiger hits shots that no one else even tries to hit. He goes at flags no one else goes at. He has done it his whole career its exciting stuff and that's why I watch him. He hit no fairways on the front 9 but was 3 under. Hes like tin cup i remember his shots because they are amazing. Remember that shot out of the bunker like 10 years ago over water at a tucked pin on the right.....he is fearless and he goes for it. He does what no one can and that's why we love him.

You're right though no one tries shots that he does. Like on 17, nobody would try to hit I high flare to the right when your chasing the leader. Just kidding with you. I think I'm this tourney he didn't have a choice but to go at the flags. He was also striking his irons on target. If he was only hitting his irons okay, he would not have been aiming where he was. He played well. BK played better.

I think his best shot at major next year is the same PGA. Too many guys love and play well at Augusta, be US Open is grueling golf, and fatigue will get him there, the Open could be another chance with the low shots that are required, but if his irons on target, the PGA makes more sense because typically there lots of birdie chances. It is also in May next year, so he will much more fresh with it being early in the season. I persoanlly dont think he will win another major, but he showed that he can contend so you never know.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

It was the swagger.

The disdain for the competition.

The shots that only a genetic freak could make under pressure. Even not under pressure.

The intimidation factor.

The young Tiger stood out. He ran away from a tough Masters field before he could grow a decent goatee.

That's gone forever.  But now there's nostalgia. Will we see a true Tiger prowl one more time?

We just came damn close. And that could happen for a long time.  Remember Watson at the R&A's  Open just a few years back?  He nearly turned the Claret Jug into a six pack like Young Tom Morris once did.

As for Adam and the two putters, I don't get that at all.  I wouldn't bag one if i didn't have to. I truly hate the damned things.

Didn't Phil carry two drivers in a major at least once?  They probably plan for a situation that does or doesn't materialize.  

Speaking of packing extras.  Where in the hell did Tiger find room in the bag for all those shirts - looked like a "quick change" routine there for awhile.  :lol:

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Speaking of packing extras.  Where in the hell did Tiger find room in the bag for all those shirts - looked like a "quick change" routine there for awhile.  :lol:

They usually have rain gear packed in the bag at all times, which can take up some room in the garment section.  maybe he subbed out for those.  

or used these   :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8Aw-DNzbCo

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Archived