TESTERS WANTED! ×

I don't know about you,but since Michael Breed has left,the instructional shows just suck and I am no longer intetested in the golf channel (not counting tournaments).

the website also is dismal and since they pulled all of his videos, there is nothing worthwhile on the website.

your thoughts.

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Oh... I don't know about that necessarily. If you watch or do something long enough it will probably get a little old at times. I've even had periods throughout my golf career (amature golf career that is) where I'd take a short break. I enjoyed Breed but his show got a little old-tired. It's not the end of the world. I don't watch any other regular instructional programs they have much. Never been a Martin Hall watcher. His style and delivery just wasn't my thing. I can't comment on TGC website as I don't go there.

It's not the end of the world.

Maybe some guys here will direct you to other sources. ie... YouTube

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Watching Feherty with Ian Poulter right now. I never cared for Michael (6 cups of caffeine all the time) Breed. He was just annoying to me.

Sent from my coral using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I don't care so much for the instructional programs. I don't think you can have the individualized instruction needed to build a good golf swing in a 30 minute TV program directed at every golfer ever.

I do enjoy all of the tournament coverage (Euro tour, Web.com tour, LPGA, old reruns, etc.), Feherty, and a few other shows.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Watching Feherty with Ian Poulter right now. I never cared for Michael (6 cups of caffeine all the time) Breed. He was just annoying to me.

Sent from my coral using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Same.

Too much talking.

What kind of student can process that kind of instruction when it's just blah blah blah blah.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

• 2 years later...

Well, no more Morning Drive as of yesterday morning. I gotta admit, about the only times I caught this show was when they were broadcasting from the PGA Show, other than that, I rarely watched. Curious to see if these folks end-up with other channels covering tournaments... 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Wow, a 2 1/2 year old thread resurrected from the dead.  Speaking of dead, that's Golf Channel in a nutshell.  They are moving their studios from Orlando to Connecticut.  Tell me how that makes any sense in any universe?  Sure, I'll tune in when they are covering actual golf, but to actually tune in to watch 3 talking heads give their (worthless) opinions on who is going to win, and what golfer is doing, or should be doing, or shouldn't be doing.  I mean, come on; do I really need another opinion to tell me what I can see with my own eyes?  And then they try and predict the winners to tournaments.  I mean, that's laughable.  Picking who wins a golf tournament is a total crapshoot.  And if I had a $1 for everytime someone picked Rory to win a tournament...

Hulu just raised their rates from $55 a month to $65.  I think the only channel I had watched on Hulu was Golf Channel.  They have the local channels, which is the other reason I got Hulu, but I honestly spend most of my TV viewing time on Netflix, Prime, or Disney+.  Hard to justify $65 when I watch everything else a ton more.

51 minutes ago, Mr. 82 said:

Wow, a 2 1/2 year old thread resurrected from the dead.  Speaking of dead, that's Golf Channel in a nutshell.  They are moving their studios from Orlando to Connecticut.  Tell me how that makes any sense in any universe?  Sure, I'll tune in when they are covering actual golf, but to actually tune in to watch 3 talking heads give their (worthless) opinions on who is going to win, and what golfer is doing, or should be doing, or shouldn't be doing.  I mean, come on; do I really need another opinion to tell me what I can see with my own eyes?  And then they try and predict the winners to tournaments.  I mean, that's laughable.  Picking who wins a golf tournament is a total crapshoot.  And if I had a $1 for everytime someone picked Rory to win a tournament...

Hulu just raised their rates from $55 a month to $65.  I think the only channel I had watched on Hulu was Golf Channel.  They have the local channels, which is the other reason I got Hulu, but I honestly spend most of my TV viewing time on Netflix, Prime, or Disney+.  Hard to justify $65 when I watch everything else a ton more.

Yeah, did a search to find a Golf Channel thread instead of starting a new one.

I guess three people sitting around a table and talking/predicting is really no different than any ESPN show, or heck, any major network show these days.... 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

51 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Yeah, did a search to find a Golf Channel thread instead of starting a new one.

I guess three people sitting around a table and talking/predicting is really no different than any ESPN show, or heck, any major network show these days.... 

yeah, same deal.  I don't watch any of those clowns on ESPN, or any other sports commentator.  They are all full of it.

I like the idea of a dedicated Golf Channel. The long run shows have run out their usefulness (is that a word?) it’s time for a shakeup with different shows and some new onscreen Talent.
Honestly I only watch the Tournaments especially the college kids. Notah Begays Kids Tournament the other day was OK.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, Mr. 82 said:

Tell me how that makes any sense in any universe? 

Considering where NBC has their headquarters and how different media outlets are consolidating where people work and where studios are along with the reduction of in studios type shows that appears to be happening with the Golf Channel is makes a bunch of sense for NBC. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Swing X is a good show. I could care less about the rest of it. 

Would be really nice if they could somehow work out a deal to show the beginning of golf tournaments before prime time instead of just commenting on it. Even the masters has hours of play that is untelevised. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

Considering where NBC has their headquarters and how different media outlets are consolidating where people work and where studios are along with the reduction of in studios type shows that appears to be happening with the Golf Channel is makes a bunch of sense for NBC. 

The people making the move from Orlando to CT are about to have a shock.
Weather, Taxes, Home Costs are a start.

Rick

Left Hand, 

That’s why most of them are not going. This was announced awhile ago.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8 (12*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” Slotline SSi 693 Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

6 hours ago, Mr. 82 said:

I cut the cord months ago. I got tired of hearing all the lies on the news, didn't want to see all the cities getting destroyed and the beat down of the police, etc. I watch Netflix, YouTube and surf the net. I can now buy a lot of new golf gear and clubs with that extra money that was spent on Cable. 😀

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

12 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

I cut the cord months ago. I got tired of hearing all the lies on the news, didn't want to see all the cities getting destroyed and the beat down of the police, etc. I watch Netflix, YouTube and surf the net. I can now buy a lot of new golf gear and clubs with that extra money that was spent on Cable. 😀

Huh. Not sure this thread was an invitation for a right-wing, anti-media screed. Or did miss something?

Callaway Epic Speed + Mitsubishi MMT

TaylorMade SIM Titanium + Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

Titleist U510 20* + Paderson Kinetixx Ballistic

Mizuno 919 Forged + Paderson Kinetixx TS-I

Cleveland CBX2 54*, Vokey SM8 58*

TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

Pro V1

I was enjoying the reruns of Big break they had going earlier this year...

Yup, those Big Break reruns were great to watch. Some of them I had missed 1st time around.

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

I haven’t paid much attention to the channel in awhile and haven’t seen who is scheduled to make the move, but yeah anyone making the switch is in for lots of shock 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I was enjoying the reruns of Big break they had going earlier this year...

Yup, those Big Break reruns were great to watch. Some of them I had missed 1st time around.

Rick

Left Hand,