hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Mizuno ST180 Driver

Looking good fellas... what the heck does low fat whole wheat green tea even mean Rick?

• Like 1

Looking good fellas... what the heck does low fat whole wheat green tea even mean Rick?

No idea Shanks, no idea. That's not edited btw, that was a real message from my fortune cookie.

• Like 2

No idea Shanks, no idea. That's not edited btw, that was a real message from my fortune cookie.

Haha, I know. I got one that said “there is nothing to see here” once. I felt like I was ripped off.

• Like 1

Really interested in this one. I had a hit of an ST180 a couple of weeks ago, and was very impressed. It was at a demo day, and the Mizuno rep really knew his stuff, which helped. He put me straight into the Tensei White in stiff after using the shaft optimiser and a session hitting JPX900 Tours with the suggested shafts.  It felt great, and results were impressive. 

Enjoy the process, and the drivers.

• Like 1

What kind of results are you getting when you catch it low on the face?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Hi guys! I have my stage 1 review up now. Already had a chance to hit this club a bit and it is definitely fun. I am really hoping this can be the driver that makes me like to hit driver.

And although there wasn't really space for it in my review, here's a link to TXG reviewing the ST-180. I can't 100% verify what they say, but I can certainly see a few things happening already.

You might have noticed the driver hiding in that bag, the best driver ever made. Forged with the finest of elven metals by the strongest of dwarves, quenched in purest of unicorn urine, polished by a Binford 5300 wielded by Tim Allen himself and then hand painted by Batman, the Ping G400 Max.

Why?! You might wonder, if I have the living approximation of a God Code cheat for golf would I even consider parting ways with it for the Mizuno ST180? Do I think that the blue roadrunner can channel its inner Clubber Lang and hoist the belt? Will a Wave Sole and a Forged SP700 Titanium Face best the G400's Turbulators, Dragonflies and tungsten weights? I don't know, but I intend to find out and let you all know about it along the way.

8IwxIUr.jpg?1

For this review, and the reason I applied, I want to give this club a test that it will wake up sweating about. A full comparison between what I consider the best driver I have ever used and the driver that wants to be king. I will be using K-Sigs, the launch monitor at the local golf store, the driving range and on course testing for this test. Stage 2 will be coming soon. Please let me know if there is something specific you want me to see if I can test. 

Ulbhc5v.jpg?1

QKegHtk.jpg?1

The G400 is going to be a tough head to head!!!

• Like 1

Oh man, Stage 1 is up! Also, anyway we can get a pinning from the Mods?

Nice job everyone thus far.

&Bergatur - love your cat and I went to Ithaca college - wore you guys out in baseball. :)

I actually got to play in games against Oswego State. Great school, beautiful place. Upstate is gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Nice job everyone thus far.

&Bergatur - love your cat and I went to Ithaca college - wore you guys out in baseball. :)

I actually got to play in games against Oswego State. Great school, beautiful place. Upstate is gorgeous.

Not wrong, we got Hockey and that's about it.

• Like 1

Bump for my stage 1 being up!

Please ask any and all questions possible. I want to know what the people want to learn about this thing!

• Like 4

What kind of results are you getting when you catch it low on the face?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I'll hit the range tomorrow to try some low hits. My mis strike is usually high toe, so I'll tee some low and see how it goes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Great stage 1's from you all.

Bump for my stage 1 being up!

Please ask any and all questions possible. I want to know what the people want to learn about this thing!

Do you believe in heavy petting on the first date?

Sorry you threw it over the plate and I had to swing.

Great stage one

• Like 1

Do you believe in heavy petting on the first date?

Sorry you threw it over the plate and I had to swing.

Great stage one

:lol:  I said I wanted to know what people want to learn! I didn't say I was telling just yet. That comes in stage 2! haha 

Call me a tease I suppose  ;)

Also, thanks btw Rev!

• Like 1

Sound. How's the sound? Tingy, POPPY, Thud, Thwack?

My early experience is a bit on the tingy side, but solid. You know when you catch it good and it gives a solid sound. I'll remember to get that in video when I get out with it again.

As an aside and tease for stage 2, I do plan on taking this with me to an old PGA Tour, current Champions Tour stop in September for the final test, En-Joie Golf Club in Endicott. I'll also have my girlfriend with me and she's an aspiring photographer for a passion project, so hopefully good action shots and static shots.

Next, fitting experience post will be coming soon, maybe this weekend once I'm able to get the data photographed and explained.

Lastly, Rev since Under skirted the issue, my opinion is personally no, just smacks of desperation to me. Not saying no to physical contact, but I'm not much for PDA.

• Like 4

It's a touch tingy and kind of loud. Not annoying by any means, but SLIGHTLY aluminum bat like. Its not my personal ideal sound but I don't have a problem with it either. I'll say that it does sound like you smoke one when you hit it, which is sort of a confidence builder. 

• Like 1

Nice intros, I'm loving the look of this thing. That blue is awesome. Reminds me of the old Nike Vapor Fly Pro.

I am with the other two on this one, it isn't an ideal sound to me. Slightly tingy, slightly subdued. I guess for me it sounds a lot like the Ping G or G30 series for tone, but a little quieter. 

That said, it has a noticeable sound/feel difference if you hit it low heel, center face or high toe. When you hit the center, you know it and it feels good.  

• Like 3