hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Mizuno ST180 Driver

Probably one of my best ever! So let's hope these results stick around, I'll try to keep my

swing together and make sure I bring you guys the best of what the ST-180 has to offer. I'll be hitting the range, trying to get on a launch monitor and really getting into the nitty gritty of what this driver can do. To put this guy in my bag full-time, I need to see an increase in accuracy and consistency. If I can keep the ball in good places, I can play well, if I'm in the woods, well we all know. Thanks everybody, and I can't wait to share it with you guys!

Attaboy Coach and looking forward to your stage 2 !  I can't get over how darn good looking this driver is.  :wub:

• Like 1

Great pic Ole Gray. thanks.

I am really loving the blue on the driver. Wow. I could look at that all day long. This could pose a problem if I had one. Might be tempted to tee it up on par 3's and swing reallllly slooooow.

Great start guys. Looking forward to Stage 2's

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Guys I hit up a range session today and got a chance to hit both drivers. Wanted to record video to help myself, but also to compare the sound. So here's the copy of a few swings with each driver. If you feel like giving me some swing tips, feel free :) Thanks all!

• Like 5

Guys I hit up a range session today and got a chance to hit both drivers. Wanted to record video to help myself, but also to compare the sound. So here's the copy of a few swings with each driver. If you feel like giving me some swing tips, feel free :) Thanks all!

Definitely a more muted sound with the Mizuno, at least that's how it sounds to me on laptop speakers. 

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRtHuCy9RNM&feature=youtu.be

Nice video. I'm actually really impressed at how well the mic picked up the sound difference between the two drivers. I could hear the noticeable difference and it drove home the distinction you guys have been trying to communicate.

I'm no swing guru so I'll leave that part alone but I have a fun fact: tipping the ball off the tee is actually NOT a stroke. I looked it up one day because I just had to know. It comes back to our favorite term of intent; however, it's only good for the tee box. Once the ball is in play, every time you cause the ball to move counts.

• Like 2

The G400 is going to be a tough head to head!!!

The G400 is going to be a tough head to head!!!

The pic goalieewakes posted of the mizuno side by side withe ping driver somehow makes me think of John Daley standing beside Davis Love III.

Curious about “forgiveness” with the spin so low. Distance seems to be pretty good from the posts I've read so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Curious about “forgiveness” with the spin so low. Distance seems to be pretty good from the posts I've read so far.

Well, against the G400 Max I can say that the Max wins on forgiveness. By how much? Well, isn't that what a screen scrolling stage 2 is for?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

Imo it's very forgiving. Possibly more so than my M2 and those are very forgiving.

If it tells you anything I let my dad use mine this weekend when we went and played. He plays once a year or so these days and still has a steel shafted/steel head driver bc he hates graphite (old school mindset kills him). He said it was the best large headed/graphite shafted driver that he's hit. Not to mention, he rarely hit it out of the middle of the face. I think he shot 109 on a decently tough Country Club the first day and 46 for 9 on an avg muni the second day. The fact that he liked it surprised me bc of the odd color.

And I'm sure an 86g x stiff shaft didn't exactly fit him either lol

I found it hilarious that he liked it. His miss is high on the face and heelside for those wondering. Or at least it was with the ST180

• Like 4

Well, against the G400 Max I can say that the Max wins on forgiveness. By how much? Well, isn't that what a screen scrolling stage 2 is for?

Hmm. Curious of how much spin/distance difference between those two... Looking forward to reading the answer in Stage 2.

• Like 1

Stage 1 is up, after some wait the ST180s have arrived and already have a few rounds in with it. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

Unicorn urine 😁😂🤣😂

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

What is one thing that you guys are hoping to get out of the Mizuno that you're struggling with on your current driver?

What is one thing that you guys are hoping to get out of the Mizuno that you're struggling with on your current driver?

Well Wales, the big thing I'm hoping for is more distance. Coming from a driver that is quite old I'd expect to see some gains. I mean, nothing obscenely ridiculous, but maybe something that allows me one club less into greens.

Admittedly, so fair it's preforming solidly on that front, but time will tell!

• Like 2

For me, having the G400 Max in the bag, I really wanted to see how it would compare across all fronts. Feel, forgiveness, on course performance and give everyone here a head to head on these two forged face offerings.

The difference between them is significantly larger than I thought it was going to be. I figured they would end up being pretty similar, not at all the case. I can easily see where each would perform better for a specific group of golfers.

• Like 2

For me, having the G400 Max in the bag, I really wanted to see how it would compare across all fronts. Feel, forgiveness, on course performance and give everyone here a head to head on these two forged face offerings.

The difference between them is significantly larger than I thought it was going to be. I figured they would end up being pretty similar, not at all the case. I can easily see where each would perform better for a specific group of golfers.

Looking forward to seeing how you separate those groups.

Again, a big thanks to Big Oak and their staff, nicest bunch of guys and they have everything there. I even got to hit a PXG iron because I asked nice and they knew I had a little bit of game. If you need a fitting in Central NY, they should be the first call!

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your fitting. Mike was one of my favorite people there when I worked there in college. It's nice to see you trusted your gut and didn't just jump onto the orange bandwagon.

Oh, and for you ‘Cuse fans, it's Western or Upstate, NY 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

More consistency I guess...

The driver is one of the more hit or miss clubs in my bag. Of course more yards are great but I'd love for it to turn into a strength of mine rather than something that can be a weakness.

• Like 3