TESTERS WANTED! ×

Do you actually use your 3-Wood?

WardenGolf

Yes... Probably 4-5 times a round.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

I was on the fence about 3-woods for the longest time myself.  On advice from a friend, I tried out some low-profile FWs a couple years ago and just this year I added the Ping G410 3 wood - for me, it really works well.  I used to have a problem with not being able to launch FWs off the deck, but that low profile really give me the confidence to do.  Next I'll be saving up for the G410 5-wood!!!

Driver:  :callaway-small: XR16 10.5* (set to 9.5*), MRC KuroKage TiNi Black, S-flex

3 wood:  :ping-small: G410, Alta 65 S-flex

Hybrids:  :ping-small: G400 19* & 22*, Alta CB 70 S-flex

Irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX-900 5-GW, Proj X LZ 6.0

Wedges:  :titelist-small: SM7, 54*/S; :callaway-small: MD4, 58*/S

Putter:  :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro Black 2.0 #1

I was not hitting my Cobra F8 3/4 particularly well, so I changed the loft from 14.5* to 16*. Now I am hitting it better and farther than before(195-210). So I also changed my 5/6W from 18* to 20*. Same results.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

In the past I had some issues with the 3 wood in regard to getting the desired ball flight. I changed from a TaylorMade SLDR to a TaylorMade SLDR HL ( HL meaning high launch) this made a big difference. Now I have no hesitation hitting this club off the deck to try to reach greens in two on a par 5 or off the tee on short par 4's. I probably hit the 3 about 4 times a round. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I use it, though the more infrequently I play, the worse a decision to put it into play it becomes (especially attempting to hit it off the deck). I have no other club that is as finicky as my woods (which I primarily play a 4W/7W combo).

What's in My Bag?

Driver: Cobra F6

Fairway: Cobra F6 3/4

Hybrids: Wilson Staff D100ES (4 & 5)

Irons: Wilson Staff C200 (6i to GW)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX (52, 56, and 60°)

Putter: Happy Putter Blade

Yes, an average of about 4 times per round (2 off tee and 2 off deck).  3 and 5 woods have been staples in my bag forever and will likely always be.  Not a big hybrid guy.

On 5/20/2020 at 8:49 AM, fozcycle said:

I was not hitting my Cobra F8 3/4 particularly well, so I changed the loft from 14.5* to 16*. Now I am hitting it better and farther than before(195-210). So I also changed my 5/6W from 18* to 20*. Same results.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I may have posted this before, apologies for possible repetition....

In Ye Olde Days, the 14* Fwy wood was a 2w, and the 3w checked in at 17*.  Most players didn't carry a 2w, unless they carried one in place of a driver.  Those lofts crept forward in the 80s to 13* and 16*, but still largely the same thing going on.

To me, it's no surprise many have better luck with a modern 4w.

In the past, I never had much problem hitting a 14* fwy wood, but on the course I played, I didn't find myself using it much.  Not many chances to use it off the deck, and my alternate tee club was a 17* or 18* iron.  These days, at 56 with a sketchy back, a 14* fwy wood doesnt work as it once did.  😉

I have a King LTD and Stage 2 Tour 3w for my metal wood use, in both cases, I've got them tuned to 16* to make them more useful.  They find a bit more usage now, with the combination of age distance loss and loft adjustment.  

The other thing I'm finding, I dislike the modern club lengths of fairway woods.  I've cut mine down to 42.5", but prefer to go 42" if I can manage it.  Easy with the above Cobra, just stuff it with cotton balls to bring the weight up.  

As others have mentioned, I've also tried a hybrid in that slot.  Much prefer the club length with a hybrid...

Edited by NRJyzr

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

Definitely use my 3 wood on par 5s, on long par 3s, and when my driver is not cooperating. I carry the Cobra f9 3 wood and this is by far the best 3 wood I have used so far. It is very forgiving and longer from what I have used in the past.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Lately I haven't I just couldn't get good swings with it but last night I hooked a drive in the rough and decided to go for it .. and boomed my 3 wood ! couldn't believe it 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

2 hours ago, 808nation said:

Definitely use my 3 wood on par 5s, on long par 3s, and when my driver is not cooperating. I carry the Cobra f9 3 wood and this is by far the best 3 wood I have used so far. It is very forgiving and longer from what I have used in the past.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I am think of getting a 3 wood this year. Have always had 5 wood, but think that it makes sense to have the 3 wood off the tee. 5 wood isn't used that often bc I am trying to play smart instead of going for greens from 250+. How much harder would you say the 3 wood is to hit off the deck? 

:callaway-small: Mavrik Subzero, 9.5*, VA Nemesys 75, Golfpride MCC Align Midsize

:callaway-small: Mavrik Max Fairway Wood, 15*, Stock shaft, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:titelist-small: Titleist U500 21*, Hzrdus Smoke Stiff, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:benhogan-small: 2020 Ben Hogan Icon Irons 8-PW, Project X LZ, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:benhogan-small: 2020 Ben Hogan PTxPro Irons 4-7, Project X LZ, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:titelist-small: Vokey SM8 50*, 54*, 60*, Stock vokey shaft, Golfpride MCC Midsize

:cameron-small: Scotty Cameron California Mid-Mallet

On 5/18/2020 at 7:14 PM, jstarley1 said:

I have an old ping rapture 3 wood that’s 13 degrees, I used it all the time off the tee for tight holes, I think if you learn when and how to use it your three wood can become your most useful club in your bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same. I *love* this club. I know at some point I'll probably need to change, but it and my putter have remained constant for 13 years now. One time I when regripped, I went with a slightly thinner grip to help promote a slight draw and now it's my go-to off the tee if I don't get to properly warm-up before a round. (My driver was fit assuming swing speeds typical of a good warm-up, but it's a touch too stiff and thus fade-biased if I'm not swinging at least 80%.)

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

On 5/5/2020 at 4:38 PM, mglo35 said:

My M2 3 wood gets plenty of use on the course. I'd say it gets about 8-10 solid uses per round, off the tee box or fairway. There's something about the stock TM Reax X flex shaft in it that makes it super reliable for me.

Also I might be the only one like this but I can only hit my 3 wood off the deck. Whenever I tee it up, I either top it or duck hook it. But doesn't bother me because it helps for getting on the green in 2 on those par 5's. 

I used to have the same problem with my 3 wood. Tee it up = Duck hook...But I just ended up going to the range to groove the tee off shot and can now hit it great off the tee. Adds a few extra yards for those holes where driver is still a bit too much. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Good example of my 3-wood use. Yesterday on the first hole I topped my drive about 30 yards. Hit the 3-wood well and got into a 6 iron range to save par.

#7 a criminally long par 4 dead into a stiff breeze. Hit a pretty solid drive but still 210 out. Hit the 3 w into a greenside bunker and had a chance to save par (didn’t)

#10 a longer par 4 into the wind. Decent drive and a decent 3 wood and a short chip for a nice par save (but missed the short putt)

#12 par 5, driver took a tough bounce and left me behind a tree, but was able to hit a 3 wood stinger under branches, and a 7 iron on for a par (but I 3 putted)

so there’s 4 times I needed that club. Never sure when you’ll need it, but it’s always good tool to have available.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I love my 3 wood. When I played today I counted hitting mine 11 times (one of those was on a tee box). I used my driver 13 times.

When I've played in a game when I could only have 5 clubs, I always gave up my driver in favor of my 3 wood.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

I use my 3 wood 2 or 3 times per round, but I never feel like I know where it is going to go. I wonder if switching to a 4 wood might actually do me some good as some have suggested here...

WITB:

Callaway Rogue ST - Driver

Titleist TS2 - 4 Wood

Titleist 818 H1 Hybrid

Mizuno JPX 850 Forged Irons

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 54 and Cleveland RTX4 58

#ROCKCHALK

All the time! I played 18 yesterday and I think I used it on 6 tee shots.  I hit the ball a decent ways 280-285 Driver.  So the straight 250-260 3W comes in handy on days were driver just isn't working, or course is tighter.  Also pulled it out of the bag for two approach shots to par 5, two good shots as well I must say both landing about 10 yards short.  

Yes I do, I play ping G400 12* it fits the gapping in my bag perfect. Short par 4s that the driver is too much for. Or the really long par 5s.

Sent from my LG-H931 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos:

On 5/21/2020 at 10:08 PM, artful_golfer said:

I love my 3 wood. When I played today I counted hitting mine 11 times (one of those was on a tee box). I used my driver 13 times.

When I've played in a game when I could only have 5 clubs, I always gave up my driver in favor of my 3 wood.

In my round today, I used my 3 wood 10 times - none of those were on a tee box).

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

Today's 3wood. Mind you it's a 12*

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

Today's 3wood. Mind you it's a 12*

Was only using it 2 or 3 times a round max.  No confidence because I couldn’t get a 3 wood in the air from the fairway.  Had a 4 or 5 wood for awhile, not much better.  Just added a 7 wood with 21 deg.of loft.  I finally found what I needed.  Loft is my friend.  I de loft everything with a good amount of forward shaft lean.  As a result my ball flight is on the low side. I tend to swing from the inside out, wrap the club face around the ball and hit a draw.  I combined a high launching Stiff shaft to the 7 wood and am having my Eureka! moment.

Tour Edge C723 8.0 MCA Tensei AV Blue Xlink 65S

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Tour Edge E723 21 degree MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid Fujikura Fuel 85g Stiff

Corey Paul - 5-PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

I have a couple of #3 woods (Ping and Wishon) that I swap out for my driver for a few tree lined courses that I play which can be tight at times. Don't play from tips anymore just from senior or white tees and other than long par 5's I can reach most par 4's greens in two with good shots even teeing off with 3 wood. 

I love my 3 wood off the tee, absolutely crush it. I refuse to use it out of the fairway, I worm burn the heck out of it every time but dammit i keep trying

Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW, Steel, Stiff flex

Driver: Mizuno ST180, Regular Flex, usually play 9.5

Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM8  52,56,58

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Mallet

Right Handed

Fishers, Indiana

HDCP: 18

Once I learned not to try and crush it and just make a smooth swing with the 3 wood I love it. Today I duck hooked my driver about 75 yards off the tee. Took out the three wood and put the ball right up the throat leaving me a short chip onto the green. Occasionally use it off the tee if there is a sharp dog leg fairway. 

I will say there isn't a HUGE difference between my 3-hybrid and 3 wood. Maybe 10-15 yards so if one club had to go it would probably be the 3 wood as the hybrid is just more versatile. 

I use my 3 wood off the tee, off a conducive lie in the fairway and in light rough when the ball is sitting up a bit.  I got a TaylorMade M4 15* small head 3 wood late last year and put in a Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7s shaft in it (43").  I am learning how to use it during the past 8 rounds I've played this month.  It is becoming reliable and my comfort level is rising with it.  Looks like a keeper.  I have only really used 2 other 3 woods the past 19 years (Titleist PT15 - original version, and Titleist 906F2 15 degree).  Love the 3 wood off the tee and off the fairway.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 50°/ 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

SW:  Callaway MD5 Jaws 54°, TT DG Tour Issue S200 115g wedge shaft

Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 GSS custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips: BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

I use my 3-wood more than my driver. Cobra F7 with an Aldila Rogue Black stiff driver shaft shortened to 3-wood shaft length.

Edited by ward

~ ward ~

Driver: Callaway B21 9.5 Degrees. Graphite Design XC6 S Flex 43.5" Length. Golf Pride CP2 MidSize Wrap / 3-Wood: Cobra F7 @ 16 Degrees / Aldila MSI 95 70g 3.3 Stiff. Golf Pride CP2 MidSize Wrap / Hybrid: Callway BB Alpha 815 @ 20 Degrees / Speeder 865 Shaft / Irons: Srixon z785. Modus NS Pro 120 (Stiff). Golf Pride CP2 MidSize Wrap / Wedges: Titleist Vokey - SM5 F Grind 50 degree (-1 degree) 08 Degrees of Bounce (-1 degree), SM5 S Grind 54 degree (-1 degree) 10 Degrees of Bounce, SM5 M Grind 58 degree 08 Degrees of Bounce. Golf Pride CP2 MidSize Wrap.

Putter: Odyssey.

Golf Ball: Srixon Z Star.

Cart Bag: Sun Mountain C130.
Carry Bag: Big Max.

I use mine primarily off the tee. I’ll pull it when my landing zone for the driver is too tight based on the Decade golf system. 

Ogio Woode 8 Hybrid Stand Bag
PXG 0811 X Gen4 @ 6* - Fujikura Motore X F3 7X
PXG 0211 @ 13.5* - Fujikura Motore X F1 8X
PXG 0311 XP Gen3 3i-PW - PX LZ 6.5
PXG 0311 Forged 54/60 - PX LZ 6.5
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

I took mine out for a cobra ltd 4w and consolidated the 3 and 5 wood. The ltd fairways are monsters, there's a reason cobra staffers are still bagging them even though they are like 5 release cycles old.

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe once or twice every 3 rounds. I have a new driving iron that i hit extremely consistently and gets me out about 15 yards shorter than my 3 wood, but eliminates the hooks. On the typical course I play, I can live with hitting one more club in to the green from the fairway, vs the rough. 

That's not to say I dont hit my 3 wood well, but when I really need to hit the fairway, the driving iron is just much easier

Right Handed

Taylormade sim2 9 degree ventus black 7x ( velecore) 44.5

Callaway epic flash sz 5 wood 17 degree tensi AV blue X

Mizuno CLK 19 degree tensi av blue X

Callaway x forged 16 4-pw Project x 6.0 +.75

Vokey SM7 black 50/54/58 Project x 6.0 flighted +.5 length 

Scotty cameron newport 2.6 34 length

I hit my 3 wood probably 4-5 times per round. There are a couple short par 4's at my home course that I prefer not to use driver on. The issue I have is at least once per round I take a really terrible swing with the club. I am getting better with the club. My 3 wood is a Taylor Made HL, so it can be a little easier to hit out of light rough. 

I am currently considering upgrading my 3 wood and possibly swapping my 5 wood for a hybrid. Might give Sub 70 a look for the 3 wood. Does anyone have any other suggestions. My current driver is a Callaway Mavrik and I play Super Game Improvement Irons. 18 Handicap.

:callaway-small: Mavrik 9 Degree

image.png.ee19b0f17da7a45faaa30e114f86e3c9.png  Mavrik 4 Wood

image.png.cdd20ffc100c65049392af87e0ae3e49.png  Mavrik 3 Hybrid

image.png.5e6ae6d961fc0d5a2a4e5185f0e0c918.png  Mavrik 4 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: CBX 52 Degree

:cleveland-small: Smart Sole S

:odyssey-small: White Hot #5