Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

All 2018 Major champions have no equipment contracts

srooch2

Maybe there's a better chance that players without club contracts will pick up on the MGS Most Wanted putter and play Evnroll.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Interesting but helps that Nike is paying them endorsement deals similar to club deals to wear their apparel. No real incentive from a money point to play clubs that they don't like. To answer your question I think it will become a trend as long as apparel companies keep paying the coin for players to wear their stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Good point.  Apparel and logos are far less constrictive to the most second most important element of the game.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Then why sponsor players? Brands like TM have plenty of brand awareness. Everyone who plays golf knows TM. What is their motivation for having a tour staff?

Same reason companies like Apple, Ford and Budweiser still have TV commercials.

Now that's interesting because he isn't a brand like Rickie is. Granted he has more majors but outside of that he doesn't have the mass appeal that Rickie does and I can't see him moving the needle in apparel or gear

Agree wholeheartedly. Brooks seems like a good guy, love his game, but unfortunately it takes more than that to make sales these days.

Then why sponsor players? Brands like TM have plenty of brand awareness. Everyone who plays golf knows TM. What is their motivation for having a tour staff?

Not sure. I was a marketing major at one point. But golf is really a niche market. I'd imagine that the net on the equipment is extremely high. They usually post quarterly earnings. If I stumble upon them I'll send them to you.

The old cliche was "what wins on Sunday sells on Monday." Not sure how true that is anymore.

Maybe there's a better chance that players without club contracts will pick up on the MGS Most Wanted putter and play Evnroll.

I want to see someone bag the TA Impact 3. That would be the best.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I'll wear any clothing or equipment that will pay me. So far no takers.

That's what I'm saying! I've been trying to finesse a Nike deal since high school. Too bad they don't sponsor people who are only mediocre at everything ever

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

The old cliche was "what wins on Sunday sells on Monday." Not sure how true that is anymore.

It's far from the case anymore. TM whether via a staffer or someone else like Molinari and Koepka winning hasn't led to them getting back to number one and the number of Callaway wins on the PGA tour the last two years is not so plentiful

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

It's far from the case anymore. TM whether via a staffer or someone else like Molinari and Koepka winning hasn't led to them getting back to number one and the number of Callaway wins on the PGA tour the last two years is not so plentiful

Yes, now that the brands all have 99% recognition it doesn't really matter. The best endorsement should be someone you are NOT paying to win while using your clubs. Most golfers already have brand loyalties anyway.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Yes, now that the brands all have 99% recognition it doesn't really matter. The best endorsement should be someone you are NOT paying to win while using your clubs. Most golfers already have brand loyalties anyway.

Brand loyalties definitely play a role. I have a friend that won't even consider s couple brands

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Archived