Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Retired Golf Balls

fixyurdivot

I'm an admitted golf ball hound.  They say the first step to recovery is admission so, there, that's out of the way.  Over the years I have found a number of cool golf balls with unique logo's.  Most just go into the cache of play balls and eventually get lost again.  But, a few are so unique that they have been retired from service.

I found the Galaxy C5A ball while playing Ft. Lewis G.C. about 10 years ago.  It was in the lake on par 3 hole.  I was flight crew on the C5A while serving in the USAF in the 80's. This was simply fate.

The Clint Eastwood monogram ball was found in the icicle plant along a fairway while playing at a course in Monterey with my FIL. I showed it to him and he said he had heard Clint plays this course occasionally.  We asked at the pro shop and they confirmed that.  So, the odds are it was played by the man, the Hollywood legend himself, so I'm going with it.

Do you have any unique golf balls that are now keepsakes?  Show us what they look like and the story behind them.

golf balls.png

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I'm an admitted golf ball hound. They say the first step to recovery is admission so, there, that's out of the way. Over the years I have found a number of cool golf balls with unique logo's. Most just go into the cache of play balls and eventually get lost again. But, a few are so unique that they have been retired from service.

I found the Galaxy C5A ball while playing Ft. Lewis G.C. about 10 years ago. It was in the lake on par 3 hole. I was flight crew on the C5A while serving in the USAF in the 80's. This was simply fate.

The Clint Eastwood monogram ball was found in the icicle plant along a fairway while playing at a course in Monterey with my FIL. I showed it to him and he said he had heard Clint plays this course occasionally. We asked at the pro shop and they confirmed that. So, the odds are it was played by the man, the Hollywood legend himself, so I'm going with it.

Do you have any unique golf balls that are now keepsakes? Show us what they look like and the story behind them.

That Galaxy C5A story is really cool. Thank you for you service.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I too am a golf ball nut, I buy one from every new course I play. I had them from all over the world thanks to my time in the Air Force as a Security Forces (military police) member but sadly they "disappeared" in my last move 3 years ago. Have been extremely bitter about it ever since lol. My favorite one to date was from Abu Dhabi golf club where the European tour plays each year. FB_IMG_1532476567624.jpegFB_IMG_1532476678932.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2020 TESTER Ben Hogan UiHi 18* Utility Iron

Driver:     - Anser - 8.5* - Fujikara Red Blur 005 XStiff - Standard L/L

3W:     - SQ Sumo - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Stiff - Standard L/L

Hybrid 3:     - Machspeed - UST Mamiya AXIVCore XStiff -Standard L/L

Irons:      - Idea Black CB3  4-GW - KBS Tour Stiff+ - Standard L/L

Wedges:    - Vokey 52*, 54*, 60* - True Temper Wedge - Standard L/L

Putter:     - Versa Blade - 35in

Ball:      NXT Tour

Bag:  - Ultra Light Cart Bag  

Loc: USA/MD

Handicap: 13

My son has a few old balls that have long since disappeared from use that he's unearthed in our back yard.

There was an old par 3 course right behind our house that closed down about 20 years ago, and was sold to developers. My son will occasionally find balls in the overgrowth between our house and the new neighborhood that unearth themselves after every winter. I'll have to go through his stash and take a few pics when I get a chance. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I too am a golf ball nut, I buy one from every new course I play. I had them from all over the world thanks to my time in the Air Force as a Security Forces (military police) member but sadly they "disappeared" in my last move 3 years ago. Have been extremely bitter about it ever since lol. My favorite one to date was from Abu Dhabi golf club where the European tour plays each year. attachicon.gifFB_IMG_1532476567624.jpegattachicon.gifFB_IMG_1532476678932.jpeg

I'd be curious where that shot went. Your ball is long gone and those hips look to be pointed toward the lake. Or almost dead right.   :unsure:

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Well, since I just posted pics of all my logo balls in another thread, I'll just simply say that most of my golf balls are not necessarily unique or unusual, but that they all are.  In my collection, I had Vice Golf print me off a dozen golf balls with my late son's picture and dates of birth and death on it.  I have logo balls from the Masters and the Players, but those are not necessarily rare or hard to find or get.

The logo balls that will gain more sentimental value to me are the ones that I collected from courses that no longer exist.  I have several balls from Virginia National Golf Club, which closed down a few years ago.  I used to be a member there, and loved playing that course, but unfortunately, the location of that course didn't make sense from a business perspective.

My most recent logo ball is for my Tuesday evening golf league.  I had a ton of Christian Golf Fellowship logo balls made up at the start of our season, and I give them away to winning team members and winners of long drive and closest to the pin every Tuesday night.  I've collected over a dozen of them so far this season, from being on winning teams as well as winning long drive and closest to the pin a number of times.  That ball is as rare as the group is, so once they are gone, they won't be found anywhere else in the world.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I'd be curious where that shot went. Your ball is long gone and those hips look to be pointed toward the lake. Or almost dead right. :unsure:

If I remember correctly I missed right and short but not wet lol. Very different swing back in 2012 to now.

2020 TESTER Ben Hogan UiHi 18* Utility Iron

Driver:     - Anser - 8.5* - Fujikara Red Blur 005 XStiff - Standard L/L

3W:     - SQ Sumo - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Stiff - Standard L/L

Hybrid 3:     - Machspeed - UST Mamiya AXIVCore XStiff -Standard L/L

Irons:      - Idea Black CB3  4-GW - KBS Tour Stiff+ - Standard L/L

Wedges:    - Vokey 52*, 54*, 60* - True Temper Wedge - Standard L/L

Putter:     - Versa Blade - 35in

Ball:      NXT Tour

Bag:  - Ultra Light Cart Bag  

Loc: USA/MD

Handicap: 13

If I remember correctly I missed right and short but not wet lol. Very different swing back in 2012 to now.

Ha yeah. I was going to guess right. At least you're honest about it and didn't tell me you knocked it stiff. LOL

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

The only way I do it is that when I get balls personalized I keep a sleeve for myself to hold onto. Right now I've got a sleeve of Pro V1's from High School with "Raider Golf", a sleeve of Maxfli u6LC's with "Is Ryan Bergman Even A Pro" and a sleeve of Srixon Q-Star Tour with "Bergman". Next one is likely a sleeve of Z-Star XV with my twitter handle @Berg_Ryman. I'll drop a pic later when I'm not at work.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

IMG_2258_2.jpg

I do have these sitting on my desk at work.  Purely a personal couple of balls that I had done that I'll never hit or use.  I keep a duplicate of the photo ball in my bag while I am playing.  Every now and then I'll go to grab a ball and see it sitting in there.  But it's just my own personal keepsake memory of him.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

IMG_2258_2.jpg

I do have these sitting on my desk at work.  Purely a personal couple of balls that I had done that I'll never hit or use.  I keep a duplicate of the photo ball in my bag while I am playing.  Every now and then I'll go to grab a ball and see it sitting in there.  But it's just my own personal keepsake memory of him.

Way too sad a story, but even worse is how prevalent this has become.

(something went cadywhampus with my reply  :blink:)

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Archived