Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

The Old Course in St. Andrews

swingmangolf

I was just chatting with mygolfspy over email and he suggested I post a couple of my pics.

My Dad and I recently met in Scotland to hopefully play the Old Course in St. Andrews. We put our name on the Daily Ballot and were able to get on the course the very next day.

It was an especially great trip for us because my Dad had never been out of the US/Canada before...plus, his health has finally gotten good enough (cancer from a few years ago is fortunately in remission) to play golf again regularly.

The pictures are in Hell Bunker on the 14th hole and on the Swilcan Bridge on the 18th hole.

JaacobBowdenDadHellBunkerStAndrewsOldCourse.jpg

JaacobBowdenDadSwilcanBridgeStAndrewsOldCourse.jpg

Dad's goal was to break 100 and he just missed it! Shot 100 on the number. Personally, I played pretty good. I didn't find a bunker all day (although I dropped a ball on purpose in the Road Hole for fun to see if I could get it up and down - I did!), I was under par on the back 9, and I almost birdied the Road Hole. It definitely fits my style of play.

If you ever get a chance to play the Old Course (especially father-son), I highly recommend it. The course is like no other.

Jaacob :blink:

Very excellent.... I'm glad your father is doing better and you got to emjoy this memory with him. Great to see and also thanks for sharing the pics. Definitely on my list to play one day soon. God Willing!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am working on a trip for Scotland this summer. Other than the big name Courses are there any courses that I need to check out.

I would recommend; Western Gailes.When I played here lunch was included in the green fee. Elie, North Berick, half the course is on public land and half on private land. This course has the original Redan par 3. And don't miss Gullanr #1.

Have a great trip.

I wish to one day do the same thing with my son. This is a great story. And I am glad that your dad is doing better.

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

• 1 month later...

I wish to one day do the same thing with my son. This is a great story. And I am glad that your dad is doing better.

Great photo's i played it in October will my friend who is a memeber they pay £180 a year for there green fees which means they can play all 7 courses ,insane.

My Track Scotscraig is 10 minutes drive from St Andrews if your in the area play it.

Archived