TESTERS WANTED! ×

Super Speed Golf

revkev

I'm intrigued by this topic.  I used a weighted club for years (and swung with two bats in the on deck circle followed by the donut as a baseball player.) So of course I rebelled about ten years ago when I heard that it may have been hurting my ability to swing faster.

Fast forward to the past six months and my fitness program.  About two months ago I asked my trainer to give me some golf specific exercises,  The ones that she came up with included swinging some sort of light weight training aid as fast as I could 70 times a week.  I have one that my wife and grandkids had rigged into a cat toy so I reclaimed it and have been following the plan.

The claim for the swing speed training is 10 mph swing speed in a month.  That would equate to upwards of 20 yards with the driver. 

I haven't seen that type of gain but honestly I have seen some - certainly a full club with my irons.  I have seen some gain with the driver but it's been less consistent - my top end drives are out there beyond a doubt and I was very pleased when I played Bayou the beginning of last week - no career drives, but this is not the time of the year for those in Florida - What I got was the ability to reach all of the par 4's in regulation without having to pull three wood - that's a big deal -

To me the Super Speed seems to take the training that I've been doing to the next level.  I'm anxious to know if anyone is doing it or any other type of swing speed training right now.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I am planning on getting the for winter...

I've always followed Bubbas advice and make at least 20 full speed swings a day to keep the rust from forming. It ends up being more like 100 full speed swings, so I might as well be doing some sort of training in the off season.

New plan is once a week sim over the winter just to keep the ball striking sharp. Along with the swing speed and the sim I should be able to see some sort of numbers result.

I'm giving serious consideration to making my own setup. I really like the idea, but it seems to be priced higher than needed.

I'm looking to buy three low end shafts, and I'm kicking around secure ways to add weights to the end to get them to the published specs of the Super Speed system.

If I take this up, I'll certainly post about it here.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

I'm 90% on board to the program this winter. If nothing else to keep my swing and any changes I make as crisp as possible. I also think it would be a fun experiment to see how much speed I can gain over a winter with a good workout program and this.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I'm giving serious consideration to making my own setup. I really like the idea, but it seems to be priced higher than needed.

I'm looking to buy three low end shafts, and I'm kicking around secure ways to add weights to the end to get them to the published specs of the Super Speed system.

If I take this up, I'll certainly post about it here.

I am probably going to get the kit, but I have 2 broken shafts you can have. Well one is a broken TM R1 shaft , and you can have the old Adams driver and shaft. I have a box, PM me if your interested.

I too am intrigued by this idea but am on a seriously tight budget- I do have some broken shafts so, would anyone be able to tell me what to do to approximate the setup here?

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Does anyone know the cost.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I too am intrigued by this idea but am on a seriously tight budget- I do have some broken shafts so, would anyone be able to tell me what to do to approximate the setup here?

Happily, Super Speed publishes the specs:

Screenshot_2018-07-29-20-37-04.jpeg

The substance of the training sequence is also found on their website and YouTube videos.

Full WITB with pictures

I am probably going to get the kit, but I have 2 broken shafts you can have. Well one is a broken TM R1 shaft , and you can have the old Adams driver and shaft. I have a box, PM me if your interested.

I definitely appreciate the offer. Here's the thing: I'm just OCD enough that if I built this with three entirely unmatched shafts, it would drive me nuts. I've got three shafts (Adams .350) and grips in my cart at Diamond Tour Golf, just waiting for the next free shipping promotion.

Full WITB with pictures

I definitely appreciate the offer. Here's the thing: I'm just OCD enough that if I built this with three entirely unmatched shafts, it would drive me nuts. I've got three shafts (Adams .350) and grips in my cart at Diamond Tour Golf, just waiting for the next free shipping promotion.

I hear you. Can't wait to see your project.

I hear you. Can't wait to see your project.

Be sure to "open source" your project by posting photos/instructions/brags of gained yardage here.

FWIW - I was doing the Drive 400 program for a while, but I had to travel for work and fell off the wagon. Need to get back on it.

https://www.puredistancegolf.com/drive400/

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I'm intrigued by this topic. I used a weighted club for years (and swung with two bats in the on deck circle followed by the donut as a baseball player.) So of course I rebelled about ten years ago when I heard that it may have been hurting my ability to swing faster.

Fast forward to the past six months and my fitness program. About two months ago I asked my trainer to give me some golf specific exercises, The ones that she came up with included swinging some sort of light weight training aid as fast as I could 70 times a week. I have one that my wife and grandkids had rigged into a cat toy so I reclaimed it and have been following the plan.

The claim for the swing speed training is 10 mph swing speed in a month. That would equate to upwards of 20 yards with the driver.

I haven't seen that type of gain but honestly I have seen some - certainly a full club with my irons. I have seen some gain with the driver but it's been less consistent - my top end drives are out there beyond a doubt and I was very pleased when I played Bayou the beginning of last week - no career drives, but this is not the time of the year for those in Florida - What I got was the ability to reach all of the par 4's in regulation without having to pull three wood - that's a big deal -

To me the Super Speed seems to take the training that I've been doing to the next level. I'm anxious to know if anyone is doing it or any other type of swing speed training right now.

Aimee Cho has some really nice videos on YouTube. She talks about all things golf. Her tips and practice drills are priceless. She also gives some advice on building strength in your core. You should check her out.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

My big question with this system is how does it help maintain a good swing?  I know when I swing 100% on a shot, my swing doesn't have the proper sequence that it should.  Granted more speed will give you more distance, but you still have to have the perfect path and face impact.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

My big question with this system is how does it help maintain a good swing? I know when I swing 100% on a shot, my swing doesn't have the proper sequence that it should. Granted more speed will give you more distance, but you still have to have the perfect path and face impact.

You're not supposed to swing 100% when you play (for accuracy). So right now if your max is 90mph swinging all out, and you play with 85% your playing speed is about 77mph. If you can train to increase your max to 110mph, then when you play at 85% you'll have a normal relaxed swing at 94mph... which is longer and more accurate than your previous 90 swinging wild. And you'll have a way higher max speed to tap into when you want to go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: TM M1 9.5*

4W: Wishon bent FLAT

Irons: Mizuno MP20MB

Wedges: 50/55/60 Mizuno

Putter: Evnroll ER2

I'm another one that is intrigued by this, but also would be looking at making (more accurately getting my father in law to make) some weights to fit onto existing shafts I have lying around. He's more than handy with a lathe, and has plenty of nice shiny stainless just waiting (or is that weighting?) to improve my game.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Great discussion!

@Steddygolf - I will check her out.  My trainer also gave me core work that I am doing but its nice to have several routines to choose from.  Staves off the boredom and engages muscles differently.

@goaliewales - it's exactly as the bluesman said - the idea isn't that you would hit balls swinging as fast as you are able just that you would get yourself used to swinging faster so that when you make your normal swing.

So I borrowed a guy's Voice Caddy today just to try it out - as you may know from another thread I'm planning on purchasing an inexpensive LM either that one (probably) or the Mevo.  When I was at my fitter getting numbers for the G400 driver test my swing speed was 84.5.  My best club set up, shaft, head loft combo had my carry average at 205.  I hit ten usable drivers (out of 12 - the others weren't bad they just didn't register as I was trying to learn how to use the device)  My SS average for the 10 was 89 with a high of 91 and an averaged carry of 214.  There was a 220 yard target on the range that I was aiming at and I consistently got past it with the run out and did have at least one drive carry past it. 

When I was playing my best golf my swing speed was consistently in the mid-90's.  Average LPGA stuff.  That's what my goal is with this program - to get there again.  I think it's a possibility just going along as I am right now.

For the guys who are thinking of waiting until the winter - I guess I understand it but I don't know why you wouldn't start now.  Unless you can play golf or hit balls every day it only takes a few minutes to get those fast swings in.  Some sort of light club and then your own driver may not be as precise as the Super Speed program but it's the same concept.

Since my plan includes core workouts I find that I want to avoid playing the day after my two days of working out - I'm pretty sore on that day.  I use it for cardio workouts.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

For the guys who are thinking of waiting until the winter - I guess I understand it but I don't know why you wouldn't start now.  Unless you can play golf or hit balls every day it only takes a few minutes to get those fast swings in.  Some sort of light club and then your own driver may not be as precise as the Super Speed program but it's the same concept.

You'd understand it better if you had six months of winter that needs to get filled with something to do :)

Full WITB with pictures

For the guys who are thinking of waiting until the winter - I guess I understand it but I don't know why you wouldn't start now. Unless you can play golf or hit balls every day it only takes a few minutes to get those fast swings in. Some sort of light club and then your own driver may not be as precise as the Super Speed program but it's the same concept.

I'm waiting because i think it would be a fun winter activity and goal to work for while I can't play or be outside as much. I'm also not hurting for distance so it isn't like I need it right this second

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Aimee Cho has some really nice videos on YouTube. She talks about all things golf. Her tips and practice drills are priceless. She also gives some advice on building strength in your core. You should check her out.

https://youtu.be/AZbhyQ9C8ZY

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I purchased it today. Will arrive Monday. Will post my thoughts after the four week initial plan. For reference, I swing driver at 110 average. I did not buy the radar but will hit trackman when I go home at the end of August and see if I'm faster. Also have Arccos so can track any distance gains that way too.

If you're intent on making your own version, look at getting calibration weights, drill a hole in one end and epoxy it to the shaft.

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Industrial-Scientific-Calibration-Weights/zgbs/industrial/4989308011

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

If you're intent on making your own version, look at getting calibration weights, drill a hole in one end and epoxy it to the shaft.

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Industrial-Scientific-Calibration-Weights/zgbs/industrial/4989308011

I have seen several DIY versions. Some have use the calibration weights and some just use golf balls and duck tape.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

You'd understand it better if you had six months of winter that needs to get filled with something to do :)

Peter Finch out of England has some great video content on YouTube. Obviously they struggle with a long off season as well. He provides some wonderful indoor drills, course vlogs and product review.

https://youtu.be/LcuzOa61G-o

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

You mean 7.7 months of winter....

Just can't quite grasp that...

Yes we're burning up here in SoCal, but 2 rounds a week, 52 times a year-

Just bring a big jug, and start early

If I lived in severe weather area, I would open some type of indoor facility.

In fact, I would guess there already are numerous?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Not by me, for a few reasons. It's a pretty rural area, for one. But the other is that because the climate is what it is, you're just not going to have enough super-avid golfers to make the indoor facility profitable. Those who need to golf year-round either move or become snowbirds.

Full WITB with pictures

Nope, I am in MN with 7.6 months of winter and there aren't any indoor facilities within 3 hours.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Archived