Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Super Speed Golf

revkev

Just can't quite grasp that...

Yes we're burning up here in SoCal, but 2 rounds a week, 52 times a year-

Just bring a big jug, and start early

If I lived in severe weather area, I would open some type of indoor facility.

In fact, I would guess there already are numerous?

There are 3 sims near me. One at the college, and 2 at a bar.

The college sim is pretty decent, but I don't like hitting off the fake grass.

That said I plan on going once a week. It's $20 for 45 minutes... so, just about the time you get warmed up it's time to go. Plus the college golf team pretty much has it booked solid, hard to get in sometimes.

The bar... I won't go to.

There is a giant pretty much empty mall (shopping center) that would be perfect for an indoor golf facility. I mean tall ceilings, you could have a short game practice area in the old sporting goods store.

But... the majority of the golfers here are tourists. So that wouldn't be a good idea.

They do need something for the kids though. When it is -20°F out it is pretty miserable to do anything except drink coffee and stay warm.

Just started this program. Will post updates as I go. One thing for sure is that my left handed swing is so uncoordinated it is not even funny. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

The Cho video presents a compelling reason for not waiting to start training. The program I'm in strengthens exactly the muscles she discusses and fosters the move she's advocating to start the down swing.

The foot back down swing against the left side is one of my teacher's favorite drills.

But I certainly know about long hard winters. Remember that I grew up in CT, went to college in Chicago and upstate NY and then Seminary in Indiana before serving churches in Indiana and Wisconsin.

I'm not a big fan of Northern winters, neither the cold nor the lack of sun. I did use the winter months to try and make changes by some strength training when I lived in Indiana. I played indoor golf in Wisconsin. Those were really long winters there. Crazy long

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

This is TTDS' indoor practice facility. The space near me it could be 6 times this big.

IMG_3568.JPG

That is a lot nicer than my setup of a net, putting green, and space heater...

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

That is a lot nicer than my setup of a net, putting green, and space heater...

This is OSU's facility. I just have a screen and junk here at NMU.

If there were some interested payers, there are two places in my town that could have facilities like this. But I don't think there is enough market for it.

Keep in mind, it's not simply the mix of weighted shafts; it's incorporating those weighted shafts into a training method and routine that builds up to more swing speed. After reading the article and checking out the website info, the included training guide is where those secrets are kept. Simply randomly swinging the various weighted shafts may do as much harm as good if attention to form and sequence isn't considered.

Generically, any training regimen that focuses on: maintaining/increasing flexibility, core strength (rotational in particular), and balance training should net some swing speed and distance gains.

Check out '30 Yards in 30 Days' and some other offerings from Christian Henning on Amazon.

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

After reading the article and checking out the website info, the included training guide is where those secrets are kept.

SuperSpeed publishes the substance of the training program in this playlist of YouTube videos. There may be details in the training guide, but the sequence of exercises is public knowledge: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLX2kzOjbt0lLJ6DGZg_1JVwNfrpFN27Ub

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Keep in mind, it's not simply the mix of weighted shafts; it's incorporating those weighted shafts into a training method and routine that builds up to more swing speed. After reading the article and checking out the website info, the included training guide is where those secrets are kept. Simply randomly swinging the various weighted shafts may do as much harm as good if attention to form and sequence isn't considered.

Generically, any training regimen that focuses on: maintaining/increasing flexibility, core strength (rotational in particular), and balance training should net some swing speed and distance gains.

Check out '30 Yards in 30 Days' and some other offerings from Christian Henning on Amazon.

Exactly anything in the above post will help. Christian Henning was on MGS once upon a time. I was selected to test his program but for some reason that test blew up - I've forgotten why - I still have the binder he sent and use the stretches - I've incorporated them into my swing speed workout.

Christian was a good guy as I remember very helpful.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Received today and did my first session.

First impression, quality build, grips etc. it's a bit awkward swinging that aggressive from the left, but I'll get used to it. Didn't warm up as much as I should have, will not make that mistake again. I'll report back in a couple weeks to see if I notice any gains.

If you're intent on making your own version, look at getting calibration weights, drill a hole in one end and epoxy it to the shaft.

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Industrial-Scientific-Calibration-Weights/zgbs/industrial/4989308011

Good luck with this one.

Do you have a drill press?

HSS milling tools?

or are you thinkgin of an ordinary drill bit in a cordless drill?

As an Engineer,I'll tell you this.

The only way to do this is to take it a machine shop as they have the equipment.The weights are stainless and you need High strength Steel bits along with proper vises to hold these CIRCULAR weights. Note emphasis on circular. At that point,it'll just be cheaper to buy these

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

I'll throw out a warning to all whom are thinking of doing home made versions. As an engineer,I must point out to you the ramifications of using a home made device out in public ( ie- driving range ) that if it comes free can now potentially become a projectile and if it becomes airborne has the potential of striking someone. think about this please.

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

Dexterity:

Good luck with this one.

Do you have a drill press?

HSS milling tools?

or are you thinkgin of an ordinary drill bit in a cordless drill?

As an Engineer,I'll tell you this.

The only way to do this is to take it a machine shop as they have the equipment.The weights are stainless and you need High strength Steel bits along with proper vises to hold these CIRCULAR weights. Note emphasis on circular. At that point,it'll just be cheaper to buy these

All the engineers in the world can't come up with a better “anything”, than a poor backwoods country boy. Give us some duct tape and gorilla glue, and we'll show you how to make something.

Blake

CobraConnectChallenge3

Maybe we're over thinking this one- how about a few big hex nuts/washers to weight and a couple small bolts to capture them?

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Maybe we're over thinking this one- how about a few big hex nuts/washers to weight and a couple small bolts to capture them?

Yeah, at 330 grams if you have 80 in the shaft, you could just wrap the bottom in duct tape. You can easily get 250 out of duct tape.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

One week in, not sure if there are any noticeable gains as of yet, however I can tell you it is a little bit amazing to me that you can get a mini workout in just swinging 36 times at full speed. I will say for anyone starting this make sure to do some sort of warm up first. The off handed swing is awkward and I can see how injuries could come from this.

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

Saw Poulter using these yesterday on the range to loosen up, didn't see him doing the reverse swing though  :D

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Saw Poulter using these yesterday on the range to loosen up, didn't see him doing the reverse swing though :D

I bet he does.

I will say that I'm sore on day 2 of my workout with my program. The 30 fast swings take it out of me. I'm not sore from the workout day that includes both right handed and left handed isometrics with workout bands. But the 30 fast swings with my training device? Those do me in.

I continue to hit the ball more solidly on the course. I've gained a full club with my irons easily. I'm seriously considering putting my SCOR 44 in the bag in place of the G30 W. I'm hitting the SCOR wedges flush every time - stock with the 48 has moved from 100 to 115, the 52 from 88 to 102. More distance with those means more wedges during the round for me and better scores - 5 straight rounds in the 70's plus a 37 in league - 73, 77,76, 77, 37, 78. 11 GIRs on Sunday - I need to aim at more pins.

Handicap index is trending 4.1.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I bet he does.

I will say that I'm sore on day 2 of my workout with my program. The 30 fast swings take it out of me. I'm not sore from the workout day that includes both right handed and left handed isometrics with workout bands. But the 30 fast swings with my training device? Those do me in.

I continue to hit the ball more solidly on the course. I've gained a full club with my irons easily. I'm seriously considering putting my SCOR 44 in the bag in place of the G30 W. I'm hitting the SCOR wedges flush every time - stock with the 48 has moved from 100 to 115, the 52 from 88 to 102. More distance with those means more wedges during the round for me and better scores - 5 straight rounds in the 70's plus a 37 in league - 73, 77,76, 77, 37, 78. 11 GIRs on Sunday - I need to aim at more pins.

Handicap index is trending 4.1.

Dang Rev, those are some great improvements. Maybe I will get the kit before winter. Keep up the nice work good sir.

To be clear I'm doing the workouts from swingman golf not super speed. So it's a little different - same theory though

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

that's great to hear Rev. can you elaborate when you say swing man golf?

Dexterity:

The Cho

But I certainly know about long hard winters. Remember that I grew up in CT, went to college in Chicago and upstate NY and then Seminary in Indiana before serving churches in Indiana and Wisconsin.

I'm not a big fan of Northern winters, neither the cold nor the lack of sun. I did use the winter months to try and make changes by some strength training when I lived in Indiana. I played indoor golf in Wisconsin. Those were really long winters there. Crazy long

try living up in Western Canada.

it sucks being a golf nut up here.

The bright side is we don't have alligators and flies the size of bats.

Dexterity:

Week #2 in the books. Nothing to write home about as far as distance gains go, however I can feel a difference in my swing. It has solidified. It is like adding an extra piece of twine to a rope, it gets stronger. There is a definite difference so hopefully the distance gains will come. As of right now this program is a recommend from me. 

I am planning on getting the for winter...

I've always followed Bubbas advice and make at least 20 full speed swings a day to keep the rust from forming. It ends up being more like 100 full speed swings, so I might as well be doing some sort of training in the off season.

New plan is once a week sim over the winter just to keep the ball striking sharp. Along with the swing speed and the sim I should be able to see some sort of numbers result.

will you keep us updated on this?

Dexterity:

I am wondering about this and this has got me thinking as such.

Could this be a good thing or really screw you up? In terms of syncing your upper body to the hips during the downswing as you unwind.

Dexterity:

• 3 weeks later...

that's great to hear Rev. can you elaborate when you say swing man golf?

Sorry that I missed this - it's a web sight full of swing speed tips and drills.

From what I can see it's the forerunner to the Swingspeed method that we will be testing or that prompted me starting this thread.

I'm excited to get going on this.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I'd bump as a tease to the upcoming review.

As a veteran MGSpyer I've been fortunate to participate in a number of reviews. All have been interesting and in many cases (but not all) the product tested stayed in my bag (SCORs and Bushnell range finder for a long period of time).

To date the most interesting review that I've written was on the Tour Performance Center at TPC Sawgrass. To go through the same process that TMag staff did at that time, at the same place, with the same fitter was incredible. I learned a lot about equipment that day as well as about the chasm that exists between the recreational Golfer who thinks he's all that and the men and women playing on their respective tours.

Beyond a doubt though this Super Speed test is the most interesting yet. Without revealing too much this one has the possibility of being a much bigger game changer than anything else. If it delivers on what it promises it will trump new equipment with the latest technology, lessons from the finest teacher or fitting as the best way to play better golf.

At least if you believe all of the statistical evidence rather than your ego. :)

Stay tuned for our Super Speed intro reviews coming up shortly. I think there will be at least one big surprise in them.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I thought I'd bump as a tease to the upcoming review.

Stay tuned for our Super Speed intro reviews coming up shortly. I think there will be at least one big surprise in them.

I agree!!

Thanks Rev for the vote of confidence in me!!   ;)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived