Sign in to follow this  
fixyurdivot

Ball Speeds

I find it crazy the average ball speeds of tour pro's.  How in the heck to they generate these speeds?  It must have lots to do with flexibility and being able to bring the club head well beyond parallel.  I simply cannot make that amount of turn at 57 years young. My recent club fitting had my average ball speed at about 98 mph. 

I find it crazy the average ball speeds of tour pro's. How in the heck to they generate these speeds? It must have lots to do with flexibility and being able to bring the club head well beyond parallel. I simply cannot make that amount of turn at 57 years young. My recent club fitting had my average ball speed at about 98 mph.

I'd say at least 75% of tour players dont go past parallel. Hell, John Rahm doesn't come anywhere close to parallel. It's all about flexibility, torque and proper sequencing.
  • Like 4

I'd say at least 75% of tour players dont go past parallel. Hell, John Rahm doesn't come anywhere close to parallel. It's all about flexibility, torque and proper sequencing.

John's swing is my punch shot... massive amounts of Torque. Dude is an animal. Him and Finau put the shorter backswing to good work.

Maybe I should shorten up...

• Like 2

I find it crazy the average ball speeds of tour pro's. How in the heck to they generate these speeds? It must have lots to do with flexibility and being able to bring the club head well beyond parallel. I simply cannot make that amount of turn at 57 years young. My recent club fitting had my average ball speed at about 98 mph.

Technique, Technique, Technique. They have proper sequencing and rythym in their swing. Most armatures just try to hit it as hard as possible where pros focus on sequencing so they can move faster. Look at Finau. He takes the club back 1/2 way. It is all in technique.

P.S I take the club very far back and can't generate anywhere near that kind of speed. I hit it 280 on average.

IMG_0336.PNG

• Like 1

John's swing is my punch shot... massive amounts of Torque. Dude is an animal. Him and Finau put the shorter backswing to good work.

Maybe I should shorten up...

Absolutely. Those guys sequence so perfectly. It's ridiculous. 

• Like 3

JB Holmes is another one with a relatively short backswing and he kills it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Center contact. If you look at the tour average smash factor it's about 1.49 (almost perfect). Swinging faster is important, but don't sacrifice your efficiency solely for more speed.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Technique, Technique, Technique. They have proper sequencing and rythym in their swing. Most armatures just try to hit it as hard as possible where pros focus on sequencing so they can move faster. Look at Finau. He takes the club back 1/2 way. It is all in technique.

P.S I take the club very far back and can't generate anywhere near that kind of speed. I hit it 280 on average.

Holy hell, is that you?  From the photo, I can't tell whether your hitting left or right - talk about past parallel!  :lol:  Perhaps I need to start thinking of my golf swing in terms of fly casting; which is largely dependent on proper rhythm. Most people try and overpower the rod, fail to pause slightly on the transition from the back cast to the forward cast, and not allow the rod to due its work.  Sound familiar?  

• Like 4

Yes sir GB... I would be in the ER if I tried that amount of turn.

Torn ligaments everywhere. I'm as flexible as a 2x4...

Keep up the good work pal!

• Like 3

Holy hell, is that you? From the photo, I can't tell whether your hitting left or right - talk about past parallel! :lol: Perhaps I need to start thinking of my golf swing in terms of fly casting; which is largely dependent on proper rhythm. Most people try and overpower the rod, fail to pause slightly on the transition from the back cast to the forward cast, and not allow the rod to due its work. Sound familiar?

Yes! It's a real pain in the hinder to get the rhythm right. It's my other passion and I suck at it.

Side note, I've added an ever so slight pause at the top, most likely unnoticeable, but it sets the club beautifully, and I feel freer and from first glance and sound it's faster too. Hitting the range tomorrow to test my theory.

• Like 1