Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Ball Speeds

I find it crazy the average ball speeds of tour pro's.  How in the heck to they generate these speeds?  It must have lots to do with flexibility and being able to bring the club head well beyond parallel.  I simply cannot make that amount of turn at 57 years young. My recent club fitting had my average ball speed at about 98 mph. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I find it crazy the average ball speeds of tour pro's. How in the heck to they generate these speeds? It must have lots to do with flexibility and being able to bring the club head well beyond parallel. I simply cannot make that amount of turn at 57 years young. My recent club fitting had my average ball speed at about 98 mph.

I'd say at least 75% of tour players dont go past parallel. Hell, John Rahm doesn't come anywhere close to parallel. It's all about flexibility, torque and proper sequencing.

I'd say at least 75% of tour players dont go past parallel. Hell, John Rahm doesn't come anywhere close to parallel. It's all about flexibility, torque and proper sequencing.

John's swing is my punch shot... massive amounts of Torque. Dude is an animal. Him and Finau put the shorter backswing to good work.

Maybe I should shorten up...

I find it crazy the average ball speeds of tour pro's. How in the heck to they generate these speeds? It must have lots to do with flexibility and being able to bring the club head well beyond parallel. I simply cannot make that amount of turn at 57 years young. My recent club fitting had my average ball speed at about 98 mph.

Technique, Technique, Technique. They have proper sequencing and rythym in their swing. Most armatures just try to hit it as hard as possible where pros focus on sequencing so they can move faster. Look at Finau. He takes the club back 1/2 way. It is all in technique.

P.S I take the club very far back and can't generate anywhere near that kind of speed. I hit it 280 on average.

IMG_0336.PNG

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

John's swing is my punch shot... massive amounts of Torque. Dude is an animal. Him and Finau put the shorter backswing to good work.

Maybe I should shorten up...

Absolutely. Those guys sequence so perfectly. It's ridiculous. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Center contact. If you look at the tour average smash factor it's about 1.49 (almost perfect). Swinging faster is important, but don't sacrifice your efficiency solely for more speed.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

Technique, Technique, Technique. They have proper sequencing and rythym in their swing. Most armatures just try to hit it as hard as possible where pros focus on sequencing so they can move faster. Look at Finau. He takes the club back 1/2 way. It is all in technique.

P.S I take the club very far back and can't generate anywhere near that kind of speed. I hit it 280 on average.

Holy hell, is that you?  From the photo, I can't tell whether your hitting left or right - talk about past parallel!  :lol:  Perhaps I need to start thinking of my golf swing in terms of fly casting; which is largely dependent on proper rhythm. Most people try and overpower the rod, fail to pause slightly on the transition from the back cast to the forward cast, and not allow the rod to due its work.  Sound familiar?  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Holy hell, is that you? From the photo, I can't tell whether your hitting left or right - talk about past parallel! :lol: Perhaps I need to start thinking of my golf swing in terms of fly casting; which is largely dependent on proper rhythm. Most people try and overpower the rod, fail to pause slightly on the transition from the back cast to the forward cast, and not allow the rod to due its work. Sound familiar?

Yes! It's a real pain in the hinder to get the rhythm right. It's my other passion and I suck at it.

Side note, I've added an ever so slight pause at the top, most likely unnoticeable, but it sets the club beautifully, and I feel freer and from first glance and sound it's faster too. Hitting the range tomorrow to test my theory.

Archived