5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Stage Two - The Review

Ping G700 Irons – Official MGS Forum Review by Peaksy68

Intro

This review is based primarily on performance on the course, during competitive rounds of golf.

Range time was used to get used to the irons, not as a time for review, as my golf is played on the course, not on the range. If I was in South Korea, my review would potentially be different!

After several range sessions, I moved onto the course for a few 9 hole practice rounds to get used to the G700s on real grass.

Looks (7out of 10 points)

The G700 irons are huge when compared directly with other irons I own (Taylormade Rsi2, Titleist 710 CB/MB), but in isolation the don't look nearly as big, due to the satin finish and overall balance of their proportions.

The only time I really noticed their size was with short irons, the length of the face really stands out on them.

Sound & Feel (6 out of 10 points)

The sound these irons make is unlike any I've ever hit before. They produce a mechanical sounding “CLANK” on impact, which was a little disconcerting at first. I found that I wasn't able to use sound as a reliable indicator of quality of strike, as it was similar for all but the worst impacts. I attempted to record the sound, but unfortunately, background noise was too great to demonstrate it accurately for you.

The ball really jumps off the face. There is no sensation of feeling the ball on the club, rather it's almost like the ball explodes away.

I struggled with the gap wedge (U wedge according to Ping), as I predominately use my gap wedge for chipping, and couldn't feel the ball on the clubface when chipping with the G700.

Range Performance (No score allocated)

I have transferred the points usually allocated here to on course performance section, as that's where I play.

The performance was different from range to course, reasons for which I will outline later.

On-Course Performance ( 35 out of 60 points(incorporating range score))

On course, I found the G700 irons to be a case of Jekyll and Hyde.

Off the tee, my results were very good, off the fairway, very poor.

Light to medium rough I got good results, heavy rough very poor.

No wind, good results, very poor in high wind.

The fairways at my course are tightly mown, and with reduced grass coverage in our winter, tight lies on the fairway have been the norm. I barely hit a good iron off the fairway with the G700 irons through the entire testing period. Conversely, fairway woods and wedges were fine, at least to the level I normally play at, perhaps a bit better. Due to the other components of my game being okay, I don't think it was a swing issue.

IMG_0162.JPG

My range performance didn't transfer to the course, mainly due to the type of lie provided on the range mat. With plush lies I hit these irons well, unfortunately this isn't something common at my course, or other courses in my region. Hard, fast and unforgiving is generally how courses around here play.

The raw distance of the G700 when well struck is at least a club longer than the TM RSi2 irons. The problems I had with the G700 irons were more related to consistency of strike. The really large sole is perhaps unsuited to the combination of my swing and tightly mown fairways.

The disparity in performance between long irons off the tee and short irons of the fairway was staggering. For the first time in decades I was hitting high, straight and beautiful 4 and 5 irons off the tee. There was very little in the way of beauty at the other end of the bag off the fairway.

The length of the clubface on the short irons was disconcerting, and probably impacted my ability to hit them well.

The height these irons launch at is a problem on courses as windy as mine. I found it impossible to hit knockdown irons. Every time I attempted it, the ball still climbed and got knocked out of the sky. This shot is normally a strength of mine, so not being able to play it cost me several shots.

This is from a mid to high wind day.

Punch and run shots with long irons (80-120 yards) work well with these irons, the extra “explosion' off the clubface seems to really help. Chip and run shots (20-30 yards) are the opposite, with a lack of feel due to the “explosion”

The service from Ping both US and here in Australia was excellent. Delivery to Australia was only a couple of days behind the guys in the USA, and Ping Australia rang me personally to organize delivery. I'd heard good things about Ping customer service, this only enhanced there reputation in my eyes.

Play it or Trade it? (5 out of 20 points)

As an iron set, the Ping G700 irons won't be making it into my bag.

IMG_0173.JPG

Over the next couple of months I plan on further trialing the 4 iron against my 4 hybrid. The club that gives me the best results will end up in the bag.

Ping G700 irons are probably best suited to players who play on low wind, lush fairway courses, and don't mind really large heads. If you need to hit low knockdowns, play off tight lies, or don't like long faces on irons, they are probably not for you. Players whose golf is mainly played on softer, target type courses could really get some value from these irons.

Conclusion

I really wanted to love the Ping G700 irons.

Unfortunately, they don't make my game better, and making my game better is why I play golf. I have no doubts they will be great for some golfers, and not so great for others.

Thanks to MyGolfSpy and Ping for this amazing opportunity. I hope it is helpful for anyone in the market for new irons.

Final Score: 53/100

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Stage Two — The Review
PING G700 Irons — Official MGS Forum Review by Jack Miller

Welcome, spies, to my stage two review, where you are going to find all the information you wanted to know, and even some you didn't. Over the course of the last couple of months, I have put these irons through rigorous testing, both on the range and the golf course. I completed various tests, including a workability test and an overall performance test. So without further ado, the review!

Looks: 6/10 Points

Aside from the size, the G700s look very nice. They don't have much of a cavity, which certainly enhances the look. But the size is really where these clubs lose points. They are enormous. Comparing them to my other set of irons, my Mizuno MP-60s, is like comparing a semi-truck to a coupe.

WP_20180731_002.jpg

I know that it's supposed to inspire confidence, but it makes me feel rather uncomfortable at address. They also have a super thick topline, which I definitely don't care for.

PSX_20180906_120915.jpg

The graphics, or lack thereof, are very appealing. Simply a strip of chrome finish with the word “PING.” There are no brash colors on the G700s, which (for me at least) degrades the look of a golf club. Compared to other GI irons, the style of the PINGs is pretty awesome. They almost look like a players type club with the lack of color and the small cavity. They would be perfect if the sole was just a little narrower. The G700s aren't very flashy. In my opinion, this is a good thing. They have the look of a better players iron with the performance of a game improvement iron. Overall, size aside, these irons come together nicely.

PSX_20180906_121327.jpg

PSX_20180906_121227.jpg

Let's talk about the Hydro Pearl finish. It certainly is lovely to look at, but possibly the worst finish for a golf club. It scratches extremely easily. This is a problem, because everyone likes their clubs to look nice. Here are a couple of photos after one round. They look like they have been played with for a year. For me, that definitely detracts from the G700s. 

IMG_3758.jpg

IMG_3748.jpg

Sound & Feel: 6/10 Points

The G700s sounds… interesting. Very loud and metallic, the sound is very much like that of a hybrid. They feel very clicky — or clinky — off the face. Mis-hits are noticeable. It always feels like a thin shot, even though sometimes it isn't. But they do feel fairly explosive on good shots! I hate to say it, but these PINGs sound and feel pretty bad. You can really hear that hollow core at work. It's just not the same as the buttery feel I get from my Mizunos. I do think those aspects impact my performance, simply because a good shot with these sounds like a thin shot with my other irons.

Range Performance: 13/20 Points

Accuracy with the PING G700 irons is very good. They have a predictable shot shape: very straight with little curve. During my time on the range, I completed a drill to see the accuracy as compared to my other iron sets. I hit three shots at each of three targets with clubs from each set. Here are the results:

PSX_20180906_211921.jpg

These clubs go a long ways. They are 8-10 yards longer than the TaylorMades, and 15 yards longer than the Mizunos. That is a huge difference — almost two clubs farther. Distance is the one category where the PINGs really excelled in. The trajectory is also nice. Quite high and straight… very “bullet-esque,” if you will. But I think the forgiveness is lacking. Mis-hits are more pronounced than with my other iron sets, so I am slightly disappointed with that particular factor. The G700s are fairly easy to control; about as easy as my SLDRs. The MP-60s are easier to control than either of the other irons. Workability is not good. Not good at all. I can't shape a shot to save my life. The only time they curve is when I hit it on the toe, then they really hook hard right. I did a workability test, again comparing all three sets. I hit nine shots with each 7i: low fade, low straight, low draw, medium fade, medium straight, etc. This is how it all went down (as you can see, the G700s didn't perform that well):

PSX_20180906_211846.jpg

The PING G700 irons just aren't up to par (no pun intended) with the other iron sets, as far as range performance is concerned. They are accurate and go pretty dang far, but there are still problems that need to be ironed out. But let's move on and talk about the performance where it really counts: on the golf course.

PSX_20180906_121015.jpg

On-Course Performance: 22/40 Points

I find the PING G700 irons to be quite accurate. They are easy to align, and well struck shots are very predictable. Shots follow a relatively high, piercing trajectory. I was surprised by this because the lofts are pretty strong compared to most other irons on the market today. Forgiveness was comparable to the forgiveness on the range. Workability is not a word these irons are familiar with. I find it difficult to curve the ball either way. It doesn't matter whether I'm on the range or the course, I can't seem to be able to consistently play the nice draw that I'm used to.

Compared to my SLDRs, these clubs are long. About 10 yards farther, which is huge. They are even longer than the Mizzys. I have less control, though. Still good, but not quite as good as my current gamers. They do perform well under pressure. For instance, my buddies and I were playing a team best ball match. We were four down after nine. By 15, we were only two down. On 16, I smoothed a PW from 148 to about a foot to win the hole. But, I am not sure how much of that is the club and how much of that is mental. 
I am highly impressed with the performance out of fairway traps — great forgiveness and distance. The trajectory of shots is also lovely — much higher than I expected. The G700s perform amazing in the wind. Shots hold their line really well. In one round I played, the wind was blowing about 20 MPH. On a particular hole, I aimed just left of the green, expecting my shot to get pushed back to the right. I hit my line, but I missed the green left. I saw very little curve from the wind throughout the round, which was a pleasant surprise. 

Although there are some aspects I am very pleased with, there are also a couple of things I have a problem with. I find these irons to be quite difficult to hit out of the rough. Unlike my Mizunos, the clubhead is far to large to cleanly cut through the turf. The G700s require a very shallow swing (almost like a 3-wood swing), which doesn't help someone like myself, who is more of a digger. Punch shots are nearly impossible with these clubs. I can never seem to make good contact. Normally punch shots are a strength of mine (and I need to hit them often), so that creates kind of a problem. Additionally, I can't hit the G700s from downhill lies. I just had too many struggles with simple tasks to feel comfortable with the PINGS. 

Overall, the on-course performance did not meet my expectations. I have several issues that I can't seem to figure out. They didn't help my game at all. To be completely honest, my handicap went up nearly two strokes during the time I played the PINGs. I am a little disappointed because I expected more from PING. I would really like to see the size decrease dramatically. I would also like to see less offset. I realize the G700 is a GI iron, so maybe I need to change equipment instead of PING changing the design. One feature I am intrigued by is the hollow core design. Yes, it may produce an undesirable sound and feel, but man does it make for some long shots! 

Play it or Trade it: 11/20 Points

Do the PING G700s help me play my best? Short answer: no, they don't. I find myself struggling with what are typically straightforward shots, such as shots on downhill lies, punch shots, shots from the rough, etc. I have no problem hitting these shots with my other irons, so the PINGs aren't getting the job done. But they are nice to have. I do like the shafts, and I may use the 4i as kind of a driving iron (it goes about 230). As I prepare for a big tournament I have in a couple of weeks, I am planning on gaming something I'm more comfortable with. After that, I may try the G700s again. At this point in time, I don't like how they fit my game. They are designed for the higher handicap player, providing maximum distance and forgiveness. With that comes less control and workability. Obviously better players can use them too, provided they aren't affected by the sound/feel and large profile. This can be affirmed by looking at Josh's round of 60 (and no, that's not for nine holes, folks). But I am losing strokes by using the G700s, so they just aren't the right fit for my game.

PSX_20180906_121526.jpg

Conclusion

The PING G700 irons are GI irons designed for maximum distance and forgiveness. They have a great look to them, but they are incredibly large. The size makes me a little uncomfortable. It also makes them difficult to hit, in my opinion. The clubhead is too large to maneuver, and doesn't cut through the rough very easily. Additionally, the G700s don't sound or feel very good. This is courtesy of the hollow core construction. However, they do go far. And I mean far. We're talking an additional 10 yards of carry. Shots are also quite straight and hold nicely in the wind. But the lack of spin through the air also means lack of spin on the green, which makes it difficult to get shots to stop. The G700s are fantastic from fairway bunkers: almost the same distance and super easy to hit. They are also easy to align. Overall, as far as performance goes, these irons from PING just don't suit my game. I could easily see other types of players (those who don't care about the size, sound, or feel) falling in love with these clubs, but they really don't fit my playing style. Anyway, I appreciate all the readers who got this far! Once again, thanks to MGS. I had a great time testing these clubs and I can't wait for my next opportunity! 

Final Score: 58/100 Points

PSX_20180906_121422.jpg

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Reserved Stage 1

IMG_7410.JPG

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

Reserved Stage 2

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

Stage 1 bump here, and I am eager to answer any questions you guys want to throw at me about the G700s.

Official Forum Member Review - Ping G700 Irons

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/index.php?/topic/24863-Official-Forum-Member-Review---Ping-G700-Irons

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Stage 1 bump here, and I am eager to answer any questions you guys want to throw at me about the G700s.

Does the added size inspire confidence? Or does it just feel bloated and difficult to work with?

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Official Forum Member Review - Ping G700 Irons

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/index.php?/topic/24863-Official-Forum-Member-Review---Ping-G700-Irons

Great opening, and love the videos of the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

MLA Tour Mallet 33"

Does the added size inspire confidence? Or does it just feel bloated and difficult to work with?

From my perspective (literally) I'm not sure at this stage. I used them for the first time on course on Saturday, and I certainly did notice the size. That may well change over the next couple of months as I get used to them.

MLA Tour Mallet 33"

Love the Stage 1's so far, and also love seeing Dads spending quality time out on the course with the kids!

Both reviewers so far are moving to larger, thicker soled heads with the G700s, so I'm most curious about how the Pings differ from your gamers. Are you noticing the heads & offset, do they move through the turf differently than your gamers? Is that good or bad for you (at first)?

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Tester: Michael Riley

It is no mere formality to express my gratitude to MyGolfSpy, our moderators, and PING for the opportunity to review the G700 irons. Whether measured in dollar value or number of review applications, some of these opportunities are especially coveted. Being chosen for this review is a privilege, and I hope to do right by this great community.

What this adds up to, at least in a first impression, is a big club that doesn't totally look so big, especially where it counts, at address. They're in my bag and will see their first action in my league match tomorrow (as I'm writing). With Game Golf, I'll be tracking everything, and I'm eager to see the results.

5 *****  Stage 1!   I love how you are out there with your sons building lifetime memories.  You'll look back on those years and smile like a possum in a persimmon tree.  :D  Your son can bust that driver and you have a good looking swing too Pops!  Looking forward to your stage 2.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

PING G700 REVIEW – STAGE 1

So many questions, that I hope I can answer for myself, and for the MyGolfSpy and wider golf community. I'm planning in swapping out all matching clubs, but if gapping looks to be an issue at either end of the bag, the 4 or U may spend some time on the bench.

Showing the shovel next to the G700 gave me a big chuckle.  :D  Heck I love big butted irons as they just work for me.  Well done and I'm looking forward to stage 2!

Cleveland

It'll be interesting to hear how people who are used to playing slim irons get on with these.

I play Srixon Z965s, which are nicely thin having come from Titleist CB/MBs and Mizuno MPs, which are all razor thin, but I'm one of those idiots who likes the idea of matched brands (if possible, but only if the performance works) and I love my new Ping G400 driver so could be tempted into Ping irons, but everything they make is just so chunky to look at...

Would love to hear people's experiences when trying those "fat" clubs after being used to far thinner ones.

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

Great Stuff MPR...I'm very envious of Kirkies driver move, and what a great putt.

And i bet Christopher follows suit very quickly, I think you are going to have many wonderful years of golf with the three of you.

@Peasky...That's hilarious, I love the shovel comparison.  I'm so envious of where you live and get to play, it'd be awesome to make that trip one day, but I'm afraid I have more bucket list golf trips piling up than I do money or time :(

Looking forward to seeing how these work for both you guys. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Confidence has a number of factors. Going into this test, my expectation was that these irons would be forgiving rocket launchers, and so that in itself inspires confidence. And as I said in my review, the largeness of these irons is (at least for me) less obvious at address, and when they're not being set side-by-side with another smaller iron.

While I occasionally have to hit a shot that carves around an obstacle, I'm not one whose regularly trying to draw or fade shots into tucked pins—that just isn't where my game is.

So on the whole, I haven't found the size to be a problem. They're not ugly big; they're pretty big.

Full WITB with pictures

Love the Stage 1's so far, and also love seeing Dads spending quality time out on the course with the kids!

Both reviewers so far are moving to larger, thicker soled heads with the G700s, so I'm most curious about how the Pings differ from your gamers. Are you noticing the heads & offset, do they move through the turf differently than your gamers? Is that good or bad for you (at first)?

My early impression is this: for some reason, I'm just not taking much by way of divots with these. Not sure if I'm making an adjustment in my swing or just if they don't want to dig, but that's been my experience so far.

Full WITB with pictures

It'll be interesting to hear how people who are used to playing slim irons get on with these.

I play Srixon Z965s, which are nicely thin having come from Titleist CB/MBs and Mizuno MPs, which are all razor thin, but I'm one of those idiots who likes the idea of matched brands (if possible, but only if the performance works) and I love my new Ping G400 driver so could be tempted into Ping irons, but everything they make is just so chunky to look at...

Would love to hear people's experiences when trying those "fat" clubs after being used to far thinner ones.

You're going to hear all about that in stage 2. I have a few opinions!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I play Srixon Z965s, which are nicely thin having come from Titleist CB/MBs and Mizuno MPs, which are all razor thin, but I'm one of those idiots who likes the idea of matched brands (if possible, but only if the performance works) and I love my new Ping G400 driver so could be tempted into Ping irons, but everything they make is just so chunky to look at...

There are a couple testers who will go into detail on that I'm sure.

Also FYI, have you seen the new I500 and I210 from PING. They have a very nice topline.  At least in my opinion.   

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Also FYI, have you seen the new I500 and I210 from PING. They have a very nice topline. At least in my opinion.

I will be getting into the difference between the Srixon irons and the G700. Review will be up tomorrow morning.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Stage One — Tester Introduction

For this test, I ordered the N.S. Pro Modus 3 105 shafts in stiff flex. At the range, these really worked well for me, much better than the stock shaft option. The irons are all red dot, which is 1° flat. I went with standard length and grip size, per the PING fitting chart. The initial test at the golf shop went really well, but that's all I'm going to say! 

Well done young man and congrats on your opportunity to play in a Champions Tour event!  Also I'm proud of you for working the First Tee Volunteer Program.   Well done!

Cleveland

I don't know if I am allowed to pipe in here, but I bought the G700 SW and UW, mostly because I was looking to replace my current wedges which I was not happy with.  I am extremely happy with both the look and feel of these clubs, as well as with the performance.  The G700 wedges I have do what I want from a SW & UW, which are my 100 and 115 distance full shot clubs.  In the few months I've been playing the G700 I've noticed an incredible accuracy with these wedges, when I make solid contact.  I've also noticed an incredible amount of forgiveness on misshits too, as they go straight at the hole as well, with a slight bit off left or right.

I've been playing PING for as long as I can remember, and the G700 are fantastic wedges for me.  I will say that the hollow back creates a bit more distance, and also a different sound at impact, but the sound does not detract from the performance of the club.  It's just different but I have the utmost confidence when pulling these clubs for a shot.  They deliver time and time again without fail.  Again, even my mishits fly close to the target, so these clubs really do perform.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Also FYI, have you seen the new I500 and I210 from PING. They have a very nice topline. At least in my opinion.

I have. They're still huge compared to a proper blade and I'm in no rush to change, it's just a little bit of that persistent gear itch...

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...