Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Ping G700 Irons

hckymeyer

Nice work Josh and good shooting!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Stage Two — The Review

PING G700 Irons — Official MGS Forum Review by Jack Miller

Welcome, spies, to my stage two review, where you are going to find all the information you wanted to know, and even some you didn't. Over the course of the last couple of months, I have put these irons through rigorous testing, both on the range and the golf course. I completed various tests, including a workability test and an overall performance test. So without further ado, the review!

Looks: 6/10 Points

Aside from the size, the G700s look very nice. They don't have much of a cavity, which certainly enhances the look. But the size is really where these clubs lose points. They are enormous. Comparing them to my other set of irons, my Mizuno MP-60s, is like comparing a semi-truck to a coupe.

attachicon.gif WP_20180731_002.jpg

I know that it's supposed to inspire confidence, but it makes me feel rather uncomfortable at address. They also have a super thick topline, which I definitely don't care for.

attachicon.gif PSX_20180906_120915.jpg

The graphics, or lack thereof, are very appealing. Simply a strip of chrome finish with the word “PING.” There are no brash colors on the G700s, which (for me at least) degrades the look of a golf club. Compared to other GI irons, the style of the PINGs is pretty awesome. They almost look like a players type club with the lack of color and the small cavity. They would be perfect if the sole was just a little narrower. The G700s aren't very flashy. In my opinion, this is a good thing. They have the look of a better players iron with the performance of a game improvement iron. Overall, size aside, these irons come together nicely.

attachicon.gif PSX_20180906_121327.jpg

attachicon.gif PSX_20180906_121227.jpg

Let's talk about the Hydro Pearl finish. It certainly is lovely to look at, but possibly the worst finish for a golf club. It scratches extremely easily. This is a problem, because everyone likes their clubs to look nice. Here are a couple of photos after one round. They look like they have been played with for a year. For me, that definitely detracts from the G700s.

attachicon.gif IMG_3758.jpg

attachicon.gif IMG_3748.jpg

Sound & Feel: 6/10 Points

The G700s sounds… interesting. Very loud and metallic, the sound is very much like that of a hybrid. They feel very clicky — or clinky — off the face. Mis-hits are noticeable. It always feels like a thin shot, even though sometimes it isn't. But they do feel fairly explosive on good shots! I hate to say it, but these PINGs sound and feel pretty bad. You can really hear that hollow core at work. It's just not the same as the buttery feel I get from my Mizunos. I do think those aspects impact my performance, simply because a good shot with these sounds like a thin shot with my other irons.

Range Performance: 13/20 Points

Accuracy with the PING G700 irons is very good. They have a predictable shot shape: very straight with little curve. During my time on the range, I completed a drill to see the accuracy as compared to my other iron sets. I hit three shots at each of three targets with clubs from each set. Here are the results:

attachicon.gif PSX_20180906_211921.jpg

These clubs go a long ways. They are 8-10 yards longer than the TaylorMades, and 15 yards longer than the Mizunos. That is a huge difference — almost two clubs farther. Distance is the one category where the PINGs really excelled in. The trajectory is also nice. Quite high and straight… very “bullet-esque,” if you will. But I think the forgiveness is lacking. Mis-hits are more pronounced than with my other iron sets, so I am slightly disappointed with that particular factor. The G700s are fairly easy to control; about as easy as my SLDRs. The MP-60s are easier to control than either of the other irons. Workability is not good. Not good at all. I can't shape a shot to save my life. The only time they curve is when I hit it on the toe, then they really hook hard right. I did a workability test, again comparing all three sets. I hit nine shots with each 7i: low fade, low straight, low draw, medium fade, medium straight, etc. This is how it all went down (as you can see, the G700s didn't perform that well):

attachicon.gif PSX_20180906_211846.jpg

The PING G700 irons just aren't up to par (no pun intended) with the other iron sets, as far as range performance is concerned. They are accurate and go pretty dang far, but there are still problems that need to be ironed out. But let's move on and talk about the performance where it really counts: on the golf course.

attachicon.gif PSX_20180906_121015.jpg

On-Course Performance: 22/40 Points

I find the PING G700 irons to be quite accurate. They are easy to align, and well struck shots are very predictable. Shots follow a relatively high, piercing trajectory. I was surprised by this because the lofts are pretty strong compared to most other irons on the market today. Forgiveness was comparable to the forgiveness on the range. Workability is not a word these irons are familiar with. I find it difficult to curve the ball either way. It doesn't matter whether I'm on the range or the course, I can't seem to be able to consistently play the nice draw that I'm used to.

Compared to my SLDRs, these clubs are long. About 10 yards farther, which is huge. They are even longer than the Mizzys. I have less control, though. Still good, but not quite as good as my current gamers. They do perform well under pressure. For instance, my buddies and I were playing a team best ball match. We were four down after nine. By 15, we were only two down. On 16, I smoothed a PW from 148 to about a foot to win the hole. But, I am not sure how much of that is the club and how much of that is mental.

I am highly impressed with the performance out of fairway traps — great forgiveness and distance. The trajectory of shots is also lovely — much higher than I expected. The G700s perform amazing in the wind. Shots hold their line really well. In one round I played, the wind was blowing about 20 MPH. On a particular hole, I aimed just left of the green, expecting my shot to get pushed back to the right. I hit my line, but I missed the green left. I saw very little curve from the wind throughout the round, which was a pleasant surprise.

Although there are some aspects I am very pleased with, there are also a couple of things I have a problem with. I find these irons to be quite difficult to hit out of the rough. Unlike my Mizunos, the clubhead is far to large to cleanly cut through the turf. The G700s require a very shallow swing (almost like a 3-wood swing), which doesn't help someone like myself, who is more of a digger. Punch shots are nearly impossible with these clubs. I can never seem to make good contact. Normally punch shots are a strength of mine (and I need to hit them often), so that creates kind of a problem. Additionally, I can't hit the G700s from downhill lies. I just had too many struggles with simple tasks to feel comfortable with the PINGS.

Overall, the on-course performance did not meet my expectations. I have several issues that I can't seem to figure out. They didn't help my game at all. To be completely honest, my handicap went up nearly two strokes during the time I played the PINGs. I am a little disappointed because I expected more from PING. I would really like to see the size decrease dramatically. I would also like to see less offset. I realize the G700 is a GI iron, so maybe I need to change equipment instead of PING changing the design. One feature I am intrigued by is the hollow core design. Yes, it may produce an undesirable sound and feel, but man does it make for some long shots!

Play it or Trade it: 11/20 Points

Do the PING G700s help me play my best? Short answer: no, they don't. I find myself struggling with what are typically straightforward shots, such as shots on downhill lies, punch shots, shots from the rough, etc. I have no problem hitting these shots with my other irons, so the PINGs aren't getting the job done. But they are nice to have. I do like the shafts, and I may use the 4i as kind of a driving iron (it goes about 230). As I prepare for a big tournament I have in a couple of weeks, I am planning on gaming something I'm more comfortable with. After that, I may try the G700s again. At this point in time, I don't like how they fit my game. They are designed for the higher handicap player, providing maximum distance and forgiveness. With that comes less control and workability. Obviously better players can use them too, provided they aren't affected by the sound/feel and large profile. This can be affirmed by looking at Josh's round of 60 (and no, that's not for nine holes, folks). But I am losing strokes by using the G700s, so they just aren't the right fit for my game.

attachicon.gif PSX_20180906_121526.jpg

Conclusion

The PING G700 irons are GI irons designed for maximum distance and forgiveness. They have a great look to them, but they are incredibly large. The size makes me a little uncomfortable. It also makes them difficult to hit, in my opinion. The clubhead is too large to maneuver, and doesn't cut through the rough very easily. Additionally, the G700s don't sound or feel very good. This is courtesy of the hollow core construction. However, they do go far. And I mean far. We're talking an additional 10 yards of carry. Shots are also quite straight and hold nicely in the wind. But the lack of spin through the air also means lack of spin on the green, which makes it difficult to get shots to stop. The G700s are fantastic from fairway bunkers: almost the same distance and super easy to hit. They are also easy to align. Overall, as far as performance goes, these irons from PING just don't suit my game. I could easily see other types of players (those who don't care about the size, sound, or feel) falling in love with these clubs, but they really don't fit my playing style. Anyway, I appreciate all the readers who got this far! Once again, thanks to MGS. I had a great time testing these clubs and I can't wait for my next opportunity!

Final Score: 58/100 Points

attachicon.gif PSX_20180906_121422.jpg

Stage two is now live!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Great Stage 2 - That is some amazing golf you are playing.

What shafts are in your G700's

I have the Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour105 X flex in them.

I love the Nippon shafts.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

PING Apologist, I have to say that it is very gracious of you not to respond to our reviews by repeatedly posting, "See, guys, I told you that PINGs are awesome!"

LOL!!! :lol: Not my style and I'd probably get a LOT of hate mails! I love PING stuff (obviously :blink:) and it is indeed satisfying (and exciting) to see others have success with their stuff for sure. But I definitely would never throw my devotion to PING on anybody...highly recommend, sure. But to each his own.

Now all of you...run right out and ditch all of your wedges for Glides and bag them in a big DLX ..! :P  :P  :P Ooop...was that out loud??? ;)

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Stage Two – Ping G700 Irons 9/7/2018

Ping G700 Irons – Official MGS Forum Review by Josh Anderson

I left off stage one coming off of our city tournament at (+3 – 218) which was solo 4th. My greens in regulation were not great at 61%, but not horrible. Fast forward to now, my last 5 rounds, and my GIR is now 75.6%! My par 3 scoring was poor at +4 for the 3 rounds. Needless to say I have found how I need to play these irons. My scoring for my last 5 rounds has been under par, par 3's at 2.9, par 4's scoring at 3.9 and par 5's scoring at 4.4

attachicon.gif IMG_8242.JPG

attachicon.gif IMG_8241.JPG

My handicap has gone down from -2.2 index to a -3.7 index. This to me is an incredible jump. The rounds of golf I have played are unreal. I have shot 3 rounds of 30, 2 of which were in the same round for my best round ever at 60, tying our course record!

attachicon.gif IMG_8157.JPG

I am enjoying these irons. The shots are getting better every day. I am working on hitting a fade with these irons, it too will come. Now onto my review, any guesses as to what my thoughts will be?

Ping G700 Looks

These irons are very large and in charge. In the beginning I had issues with the shorter irons 9 – U wedge. It has taken me some time to get use to these and I am still working on it. I am getting use to the larger top line and the large face. They are inviting to hit, especially the long irons. They will never win a contest for looks, but sometimes its what's inside that counts.

Looks (6 out of 10 points)

•General Shape

These irons are very large. I believe someone compared them to a shovel. Yes, they are by far the largest irons I have ever hit yet alone played. But that doesn't mean they are not good. These are built for distance and I found a lot more height on my golf shots. Which my game needed.

•Graphics

I love how the back of these irons resemble a “players iron” very clean, crisp look. This to me is why they look so good in the golf bag.

attachicon.gif IMG_8265.JPG

•How does the overall look come together?

Overall they come together to form a monster of an iron. If you can get past how big they look at set up, then you will have a lot of fun hitting these irons. Looks alone, I would never hit them. Which is funny, because that's how we do a lot of things in life. If it doesn't look right to us we don't go near it. Maybe we need to get out of our comfort zone a little more.

•How does the appearance compare to other irons in the same category?

I have looked at the Titleist AP3 and these, the Titleist does not appear as large. To me that is more inviting to the Titleist. Having hit the Titleist AP3, I would choose the Ping G700. But looks alone, before I tested these I would not have tried the Ping G700. They are probably some of the largest irons on the market.

•Other unique details (i.e. alignment aids, coloring, swing blur, etc.)

One thing Ping does that I am not sure most other companies do is the white line on the groove. I really like this and it helps me set up behind the ball. The face sets up so well for me with this, I think it's a great touch.

•Are they flashy? Do other players notice them in your bag without being prompted?

Most people at my club do not look at my clubs, they noticed the irons when I hit them. The first day I had them on the range, not one person said anything until I started hitting balls. These are not flashy in my bag, but that is the way I want it. I would rather people not look into my bag and take a look based on how irons look.

Sound & Feel (8 out of 10 points)

•Does it sound: loud, quiet, harsh, smooth, or other?

This is where I see another big difference between the irons I always played and the Ping G700's. I love how these sound. They have an almost metal bat sound when you hit them. It literally turned heads on the range. This is what made people ask me what I was playing. For me it's fun to have that loud I hit the crap out of the ball sound. I think this could be a turn off for some people, but for me I really enjoy it.

•Does it feel soft, crisp, dull, clicky?

These irons are very crisp. The loud bat sound is a great sound. Having played baseball as a kid, maybe it brings back those good times, maybe I'm crazy, but I really enjoy the sound. If you're a forged iron player looking for that crisp click that is buttery smooth, you will not find it here. But if you want results then you need to seriously look at these.

•Does it feel consistent across the face, or are mis-hits noticeably pronounced?

The feel on mis-hits does change. The distance the ball goes does not. I like that these irons give me that feedback. My fear going into this testing was that these irons would not have that feel. I can tell you right away where I hit it on the face and that to me is great.

•Does the sound/feel impact your performance?

I think the sound gives me more confidence. I love how they sound and make people shake their heads that I am playing these irons. The results speak for themselves.

Range Performance (19 out of 20 points)

When I hit these on the range, I have a lot of fun practicing. Our range is wide open. Only 5 spots to hit to that you can really work on irons. Depending where we are hitting from I will work on anywhere from a 9 iron to a 5 iron. The greens are 15 yards wide. I try to hit shots onto these greens and I am wanting to start the ball in the same spot every time. With these irons this is very easy to do. The ball just takes off and it is awesome how consistent I can be with even a 5 iron. I think this has helped my scoring more than anything. I'm confident I can hit the green from 220 yards and it's going to stick now.

attachicon.gif IMG_8255.JPG

•Accuracy

I am more accurate with my long irons. This for me is due to how high I hit the Ping G700's. I have always had a lower ball flight with my Srixon irons and that sometimes lead to the ball not holding greens. This will no longer be an issue. My new ball flight is what I have always wanted in long irons and thought it was not possible. But it really is.

•Distance

WOW is all I can say. I can carry my 4 iron 235 yards now. It's just pure distance. I really like this set up as it will let me now carry 5 wedges. Yes 5 wedges. I will be going to the PW and UW in the G 700 and I'll be in the market for new wedges (52, 56, & 60) Maybe some PING Wedges (@Pingtour?). This will help with my gap I now have in the 120-yard range. I can't say it enough these irons are long.

•Trajectory

Again the Ping G700 irons have just blown my mind. I hit the ball so much higher. But I can keep them low if I need to. I thought for sure after one range session I would have issues with punch shots. But with a little help watching some @Clubproguy videos on twitter, I was able to figure this out. I am very pleased with how I can control these irons.

•Forgiveness

Again, this is where these irons really shine. I know when I catch a shot thin or off the toe, (my main miss) that it will not lose distance. A thin shot still goes higher than my old irons and the toe shot will draw slightly more, but never as much as I expected. Can I hit these left, yes, but that is my swing, not the club.

•Control

I can step up to the ball, get lined up and know these irons are going to go where I want them too. They are easy to start on line and keep on line. I do wish they had less offset, I think they would be easier to work LEFT to RIGHT, but that I will figure out over the next few months.

•Workability

I am surprised at the range of shots I can play with the Ping G700 irons. High draw, low draw and the straight ball are all very easy for me to hit. I am still working on the high and low fade. I will get this down as I can hit it, I just have to manipulate the face more than I like to at address. I have no doubt the more I work with these clubs the better they will get.

On-Course Performance (40 out of 40 points)

I don't know how this can be anything but 40 pts. For my handicap to drop 1.5 strokes on index and to tie a course record in 6 weeks to me is outstanding. Yeah I know you have to make putts to shot 60, but you have to be close to make that many. Everyone I have played with has commented how much higher my ball flight is and how easy they look to hit. I am so happy I was selected to test these irons. I really can't say much more about the on course performance. I think my handicap drop speaks volumes.

We have our club championship coming up September 22 – 23. I have won it the last 2 years and this will be the last true test for these irons in 2018. I can tell you they will be in the bag starting 2019 and I do not see them leaving anytime soon.

attachicon.gif IMG_8238.JPG

•Accuracy

As with the range practice I am hitting my targets on the course, 75% GIR. I don't know how I can expect to do any better than that. I will continue to update my progress and I will be very interested to see how I play in our club championship in 3 weeks. Those stats will be telling I feel. Under pressure and fall golf.

•Trajectory

Comparing this to the range sessions, they are exactly what I see on the range. My go to shot is a high draw. With the G700 this is what I like, but it's even higher now which I love. I can control the height into the wind better with the Pro V1, but that is to be expected. I can't say enough about how high I hit my long irons!

•Forgiveness

In short yes, my mis-hits are going where they should and that is on the green! I can tell the difference in my miss with the G700 and the miss with my older irons. The G700 holds the original line better.

•Workability

Again, the same issue I have on the range. The LEFT to RIGHT shot is still not 100% there. We will get there, but that is my only issue. I have that shot with my older clubs, but being able to go over trees has helped, and that shot is not always needed now.

•Distance

The G700 irons are long. That is all I can say. I have gained roughly 15 yards in my long irons.

SRIXON 565 4 IRON – 220 YARDS

PING G700 4 IRON – 235 YARDS

SRIXON 565 5 IRON – 205 YARDS

PING G700 5 IRON – 220 YARDS

SRIXON 765 6 IRON – 190 YARDS

PING G700 6 IRON – 205 YARDS

SRIXON 765 7 IRON – 175 YARDS

PING G700 7 IRON – 190 YARDS

SRIXON 765 8 IRON – 165 YARDS

PING G700 8 IRON – 175 YARDS

SRIXON 965 9 IRON – 155 YARDS

PING G700 9 IRON – 160 YARDS

SRIXON 965 PW – 145 IRONS

PING G700 PW – 145 YARDS

CLEVELAND 50* - 130 YARDS

PING G700 UW – 130 YARDS

I want to state the lofts are about a club stronger. But combined with the how high I hit these irons, that is a game changer.

•Control

As with range sessions, these irons start online. When you are hitting greens that's when you can score and score I have.

•Pressure

I put these irons in to pressure situations right from the start. I had them in play one week after I got them for our city tournament. The second round I played bogey free of the tournament I was bogey free. That to me is awesome. I had them in the bag for my US Mid Am qualifier. I did not putt well that day but I hit 14 greens. All I can do is give myself chances with the putter. When putts fall I score great. When I don't I will not score that well. I stated above I have one more tournament this year, our club championship at the end of September, this will show a lot with these irons. I expect to play well.

•What factors were you pleased with?

I have been very pleased with just about everything with these irons. They are easier to hit than I expected and they shoot darts. I am having more fun playing with these irons in the bag.

•What factors did you find lacking?

The only thing I still have an issue with is my inability to hit the LEFT to RIGHT shot. I will get it, but that is a little frustrating.

Final Performance Comments:

What can I say? I shot a 60 (-12) which tied our course record. My handicap went down from -2.2 to -3.7. For me to show that type of improvement in 6 weeks is mind blowing. It's a level of confidence I have not had in a long time. I don't get to play or practice as much as I would like, but I get to often enough to keep my game sharp. I know 2018 is winding down, but I am looking forward to spending 2019 with these irons and continuing to improve.

I would love to see less offset in these irons, a set with no offset but the same heads would be amazing I think. Maybe Ping can do that I don't know. But I do know that would be the only change I would make.

I will say I have never hit a Ping iron in my life. This being my first set, I know I was missing something for the last 30 years. Like I said they lead me to shot a 60. They will be around for a long time. And I will give Ping more business in the future.

attachicon.gif IMG_8259.JPG

Play it or Trade it? (20 out of 20 points)

Again, how can this be anything but 20? I am sure the more I play with these irons the more I will improve. I am playing these irons and I am going to promote these irons. If they can help my game, I got fit, and the results speak for themselves. I would seriously look at these irons if you have a lower ball flight. They have helped me get my game where I have been trying for years.

I will say these irons have opened my eyes. I played what I thought good golfers played with. I knew I never hit the ball high and I figured that was just my game. These irons can help anyone I believe. How can they not, I have played some of the best golf of my life the last 6 weeks. What I learned is you don't know until you try it. Technology has come a long way and why not take advantage of it.

Conclusion

These irons really have opened my eyes. I can't say enough thank you to My Golf Spy and PING for letting us test and keep these irons. For me it opened my eyes. I believe I was playing irons that I thought I should play, and not the irons I needed to play. For me to see the gains I have in 6 weeks is unreal. These are by far the best change I have made to my game in a long time. If you play blades give these a chance. Yes, they are big, yes they are offset. But who cares when they go where you want them to go. I know I can look past all of that and play better golf.

Final Score: (93/100)

attachicon.gif IMG_8261.JPG

Great review. The G700 look to be a game changer no matter how good a player you are.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

My stage 2 is up. I flicked through the other guys before editing in some photos. I left a few out that showed the same marks on the satin finish.

If anyone has any questions, fire away.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

It's remarkable how similar mine and Golfjunkies thoughts are, and how similar Mpatrick and Josh's are in the opposite direction.

MLA Tour Mallet 33"

Harsh but fair mate, if they don't work for you, they don't work.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

My stage 2 is up. I flicked through the other guys before editing in some photos. I left a few out that showed the same marks on the satin finish.

If anyone has any questions, fire away.

Peaksy68, nice honest review. The wind does pose an issue on full shots. And it looks like you might get more wind than us here in the Midwest.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Fascinating results from you guys. I would not have predicted this, to be honest. GJ sees himself as a digger. How about the rest of you?

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Peaksy68, nice honest review. The wind does pose an issue on full shots. And it looks like you might get more wind than us here in the Midwest.

This year has been particularly windy. I've probably only played a handful of rounds when it's been less than a 2 club breeze. Played more days when it's been 25mph plus.

Really happy that the G700s are working out so well for you.

MLA Tour Mallet 33"

Sorry, don't want to hijack this thread but my G400 irons have the same finish/plating as your G700 but do not show the same “marks”. The clubs are 1.5 years old and play 54-72 holes per week.

I'm not understanding this.

This is just for show & tell.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpyIMG_2770.JPGIMG_2771.JPG

Rick

Left Hand, 

Sorry, don't want to hijack this thread but my G400 irons have the same finish/plating as your G700 but do not show the same “marks”. The clubs are 1.5 years old and play 54-72 holes per week.

I'm not understanding this.

This is just for show & tell.

"Similar". The underlying materials are different and they come from different batches, so while your G400s may be designed to look the same in terms of finish as the G700, there will be some differences.

And if linking to other forums is allowed, it seems it may even be per batch, potentially, as here is a guy with G400s suffering the same issue: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1607778-ping-g400-irons-finish/

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

"Similar". The underlying materials are different and they come from different batches, so while your G400s may be designed to look the same in terms of finish as the G700, there will be some differences.

And if linking to other forums is allowed, it seems it may even be per batch, potentially, as here is a guy with G400s suffering the same issue: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1607778-ping-g400-irons-finish/

K, you have a valid point. Batch to batch plate.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Fascinating results from you guys. I would not have predicted this, to be honest. GJ sees himself as a digger. How about the rest of you?

Like you, I find this disparity of the results to be really interesting here. I certainly wouldn't consider myself a digger. Obviously, as I move down the bag to my wedges, my angle of attack steepens. But with mid-irons, I'm generally taking a small divot and occasionally even picking.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Amazing results Ping makes great irons period!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

If anything I'd probably be a picker, generally small divots.

MLA Tour Mallet 33"

Results were not what I expected. Some liked them others not as much.

Good job guys

Rick

Left Hand, 

Great reviews guys! It seems like these either work really well or not well at all.

Do you find yourself to be high or low ball hitters?

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I personally am not a digger. Very shallow divots and sometimes none with long irons.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Great reviews guys! It seems like these either work really well or not well at all.

With my irons I had a very low ball flight. Now it is much higher with the G700's and this I love.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

I'm usually medium height, was very high with the G700's.

MLA Tour Mallet 33"

I added a video at the end of my review to show the shape and height. It's hard to tell how high the ball goes with no trees. But it's a lot higher for me.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

I'd say the same as Peaksy: with my Adams, I had a medium ball flight, and now it is much higher.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

I am typically a high ball hitter. With the G700s, my shots were slightly higher than before.

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I have one final test for these irons coming up this weekend.  We have our club championship Saturday and Sunday.  There will be live scoring and once I get the link I will post it in here for those that want to follow along.  Hopefully we get a few more to sign up today, but its hard to pull people away from football this time of year. 

I am excited to see how these do under pressure now that I have played them for almost 2 months.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

I have one final test for these irons coming up this weekend.  We have our club championship Saturday and Sunday.  There will be live scoring and once I get the link I will post it in here for those that want to follow along.  Hopefully we get a few more to sign up today, but its hard to pull people away from football this time of year. 

I am excited to see how these do under pressure now that I have played them for almost 2 months.

Play well and good luck

MLA Tour Mallet 33"

https://www.golfgenius.com/pages/4615937163400362357

Live scoring for our club championship is here.

Round 1 was today. I played well. Had 6 birdies and 3 double bogies. I hit 15 greens and just made some stupid mistakes. Had a great run mid round making 5 birdies in 7 holes.

I go off at 9am tomorrow and if I hit the ball like today it will be a very good day.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

https://www.golfgenius.com/pages/4615937163400362357

Live scoring for our club championship is here.

Round 1 was today. I played well. Had 6 birdies and 3 double bogies. I hit 15 greens and just made some stupid mistakes. Had a great run mid round making 5 birdies in 7 holes.

I go off at 9am tomorrow and if I hit the ball like today it will be a very good day.

Keep it up!

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino