TESTERS WANTED! ×

When a Most Wanted Club isn't working

GolfSpy MPR

My name is Michael, and I have a MGS confession to make. I'm approaching my 500th post here. I'm moving up the classification of Spies. And I just posted my very first official club review.

But I'm not getting along with my new Evnroll putter (the ER6, in black).

I just played with it again this morning, and had 20 putts on nine holes. Three 3-putts!

I'm about seven rounds in with the ER6, and my strokes gained putting stats (in Game Golf) are going the wrong way.

I love the look of this putter. I've paid more for it than for any other single club I've ever bought. I'm a loyal MGS guy, and I think we're contractually obligated to like Evnrolls.

But my Elevado 2135 is looking disgruntled, wondering why I've replaced it with a putter that's performing worse for me.

Stick it out? Bench it for a bit? If I go back to the Cleveland, will I lose a Spy ranking here? Worse, will my wife kill me for spending $250 on a putter that's not in my bag?

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

There is always a learning curve with new clubs especially putters but if you feel that it isn't going to work for you, then bench it. Evnrolls work best for the MAJORITY of golfers.

Enjoy the search. The search is half the fun.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

No spy deduction points :D ha ha ha.  That's the rub of golf equipment.  While there mights be a best in class determined by MGS, that's still a generalization and will not work for everyone.  It just can't as we all have different swing types, body types, physical limitations etc.  Just like GB13 said, there is going to be a learning curve (like with the F8 One Lengths I'm testing for the Cobra Connect II challenge).  I'd say give it a few more rounds, and if it's not performing the way you want it to, bench/sell it and move back to your old putter or search for another one.  Maybe best to invest in a putter fitting to truly narrow down what kind of putter you really need (I'm in this boat).

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

• SPY VIP

LOL.  No you will never lose spy ranking by not taking a Most Wanted suggestion.  The reality is even after 17000+ putts what we find is that it is the putter that works best for most golfers, but not all.  

The tech is real but a couple things might be happening.  You could have the right tech but the wrong model.  Meaning one that does not fit your stroke.  They make one for just about every one.  Also, if you find a putter that works better (not just for one bad putting round) go with what works for you. 

My name is Michael, and I have a MGS confession to make. I'm approaching my 500th post here. I'm moving up the classification of Spies. And I just posted my very first official club review.

I just played with it again this morning, and had 20 putts on nine holes. Three 3-putts!

I'm about seven rounds in with the ER6, and my strokes gained putting stats (in Game Golf) are going the wrong way.

I love the look of this putter. I've paid more for it than for any other single club I've ever bought. I'm a loyal MGS guy, and I think we're contractually obligated to like Evnrolls.

But my Elevado 2135 is looking disgruntled, wondering why I've replaced it with a putter that's performing worse for me.

Stick it out? Bench it for a bit? If I go back to the Cleveland, will I lose a Spy ranking here? Worse, will my wife kill me for spending $250 on a putter that's not in my bag?

#TruthDigest

LOL.  No you will never lose spy ranking by not taking a Most Wanted suggestion.  The reality is even after 17000+ putts what we find is that is the putter that works best for most golfers.  But not all.  

The tech is real but a couple things might be happening.  You could have the right tech but the wrong model.  Meaning one that does not fit your stroke.  They make one for just about every one.  Also, if you find a putter that works better (not just for one bad putting round) go with what works for you. 

Definitely writing here with my tongue in cheek, but I also sincerely want this putter to work. Given what I know about my stroke (from a couple of different swing analyzers [swingbyte 2 and 3Bays]), my path is straight rather than arced, but tends to cut from out to in.

I've never liked the feel of a putter more than my Elevado, but even that one didn't come alive for me in terms of results until I swapped the grip for a P2. Right now, I'm looking to do the same on the Evnroll. I remain hopeful.

Full WITB with pictures

Definitely writing here with my tongue in cheek, but I also sincerely want this putter to work. Given what I know about my stroke (from a couple of different swing analyzers [swingbyte 2 and 3Bays]), my path is straight rather than arced, but tends to cut from out to in.

I've never liked the feel of a putter more than my Elevado, but even that one didn't come alive for me in terms of results until I swapped the grip for a P2. Right now, I'm looking to do the same on the Evnroll. I remain hopeful.

How does the saying go, and it may have been Golspy X that said it, "There's no driver for everyone, but there's one driver for everyone."   Same would go for putter, I would say. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

How does the saying go, and it may have been Golspy X that said it, "There's no driver for everyone, but there's one driver for everyone." Same would go for putter, I would say.

Perhaps even more so.

But I've been there done that in this regard. Not drilling down into the data deep enough. There was an Adams driver a number of years back that everyone raves about and had to have. It was a disaster for me. Lost distance and accuracy. I was also fit into a steel shafted iron by that blasted Mizuno Swing Optimizer - by the time I was done with that combo my game was in shambles

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Does the Elevado have the TFI face? Just curious, and obviously, it's quite different vs. EvnRoll's patented tech milled face .. and perhaps it's just a better "feel" for you.....

As lots of people say in lots of threads on here - play what works for *you*!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Does the Elevado have the TFI face? Just curious, and obviously, it's quite different vs. EvnRoll's patented tech milled face .. and perhaps it's just a better "feel" for you.....

As lots of people say in lots of threads on here - play what works for *you*!

Yes, it's the Satin version, with the variable milling across the face. Incredibly soft feel, given the very deep milling in the center and the fact that the milled face sits on top of an insert. If you like a soft feeling putter (and I do), I can't recommend the Cleveland Satin line too much.

Here's my only theory about my struggles with the ER6 thus far: the head has the three long and prominent alignment lines on it. It wants to be swung straight back and forth, aimed directly at the target. That's perfect for me on straight putts. But on breaking putts, I've not been one to pick a particular spot to putt to. My approach to breaking putts has tended to be more intuitive or feel-oriented: roll the ball where it seems it would roll on a path to the hole. (If that makes sense).

Today, I was hitting my putts with decent enough speed, but starting them with far too little break.

I suspect, then, that absent a particular aiming target, the lines are encouraging me to roll the ball on a line to the hole.

That's my theory. Or maybe I'm just bad at putting :)

Full WITB with pictures

Yes, it's the Satin version, with the variable milling across the face. Incredibly soft feel, given the very deep milling in the center and the fact that the milled face sits on top of an insert. If you like a soft feeling putter (and I do), I can't recommend the Cleveland Satin line too much.

Here's my only theory about my struggles with the ER6 thus far: the head has the three long and prominent alignment lines on it. It wants to be swung straight back and forth, aimed directly at the target. That's perfect for me on straight putts. But on breaking putts, I've not been one to pick a particular spot to putt to. My approach to breaking putts has tended to be more intuitive or feel-oriented: roll the ball where it seems it would roll on a path to the hole. (If that makes sense).

Today, I was hitting my putts with decent enough speed, but starting them with far too little break.

I suspect, then, that absent a particular aiming target, the lines are encouraging me to roll the ball on a line to the hole.

That theory makes sense. It has been said many times, you need a club fit to you not a club that you need to fit your stroke to. If you don't pick a specific target or use the alignment aid on the ball, the Evnroll probably isn't the putter for you. It sounds like you had a good thing with the Cleveland so I am not sure I would change putters at this point.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I didn't know this at first, but you actually use the dot or line on the higher side to aim (ask jlukes)

So if you have a right to left break, you would aim it with the dot/line closer to the toe. This helps to stay on the high side.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

First thing, You won't lose points for not using the Evnroll, but you will lose points because your wife knows how much you spent on golf equipment that you aren't using.😁

As for not putting well with it, that's golf, switch it up and try it again later, or sell it here, I'm sure someone will buy it.

I've got a friend who played college golf, and one of his coaches always told him, you never get rid of a putter. you can sell, trade, give away, burn any other club, but never get rid of a putter, you never know when it will work for you.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Ahhh.. if it were me I'd kick the guy out for dissing a MW product. LOL

Just messing with ya riley....

I believe I'd stack it in the corner for a while and go back to the one that brung ya. I have a Cobra driver that was a 3rd place MWD finisher back in 2015 and I wanted this driver since the day I saw it. Everyone said it was a killer stick. So I bought one. And guess what.... I can't make it work. So guess what again? I'm sticking with my ancient 2014 SLDR. Because it works amazingly well for me.

I think you can quickly sell that Evnroll easily right here in the Forum if you wanted.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Here's my only theory about my struggles with the ER6 thus far: the head has the three long and prominent alignment lines on it. It wants to be swung straight back and forth, aimed directly at the target. That's perfect for me on straight putts. But on breaking putts, I've not been one to pick a particular spot to putt to. My approach to breaking putts has tended to be more intuitive or feel-oriented: roll the ball where it seems it would roll on a path to the hole. (If that makes sense).

If I recall, in your basement putter test you weren't crazy about the MLA, either .. which also happens to have a full-milled (and IMHO firm-feeling) face; so tenuous, subjective conclusion is you prefer the softer-feel insert face..?

On the alignment lines - your theory is completely plausible. MGS, and Edel, have posted really interesting articles about why there are so many variations of alignment lines because each individual perceives and reacts to them differently .. eg. certain variations may cause one person to inadvertantly line up more left while the same thing might cause another to line up more right...!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Step one in my "save my Evnroll" project: pulling the shaft and replacing it. In general, I'm finding that it's easier (and relatively cheap, with putter shafts) to pull the shaft than it is to try to pull the grip (because I'm not interested in cutting it off).

So if I'm going to change out shafts, I'm going to replace it with a matte black one that matches the head.

P2 grip arrives Monday.

20180803_215101.jpeg

Full WITB with pictures

Have you thought about paint filling the outer and inner alignment lines black so you can focus on the center line?

Also, were you custom fit for your ER6? It makes a huge difference on alignment. I have the ER1.2 TourBlade and had it custom fit at EVNROLL. When I tried it “off the rack” it felt great but wasn't dialed in accurate for me. After a few adjustments, it was lights out.

I hope this helps as it's a fantastic putter and I'd like to see you keep it in the bag.

“I should of yelled Two!”

Driver: PXG 0811x Gen 4 / Tour AD TP6s

3W: PXG 0341x Gen 1 / Tour AD TP6s

3HY: :taylormade-small: GAPR / KBS Stiff

4-PW: :taylormade-small: P770 / Nippon Pro Modus 3 120 Stiff + 1/2”

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 / Nippon Pro Modus 3 120 Stiff + 1/2” 50-09, 54-11, 60-10

Putter: :cobra-small: Grandsport 35

Ball: Pro V1

Bag: Sun Mountain C-130

Cart: Clicgear 4.0

If I recall, in your basement putter test you weren't crazy about the MLA, either .. which also happens to have a full-milled (and IMHO firm-feeling) face; so tenuous, subjective conclusion is you prefer the softer-feel insert face..?

On the alignment lines - your theory is completely plausible. MGS, and Edel, have posted really interesting articles about why there are so many variations of alignment lines because each individual perceives and reacts to them differently .. eg. certain variations may cause one person to inadvertantly line up more left while the same thing might cause another to line up more right...!

You've nailed this: all else being equal, I like a putter that feels really soft. I've rolled a couple of the O-Works putters in stores, and they feel like mush. I like it.

On the plus side, with the Evnroll, I found that I was almost never leaving anything short. That's one advantage of a bit firmer face.

Full WITB with pictures

Have you thought about paint filling the outer and inner alignment lines black so you can focus on the center line?

This would be a last resort idea for me, not because it's a bad idea, but because it's the kind of thing I could mangle a bit and really tank the resale value of the ER6 if I do decide to move on.

Replacing the shaft with the matte black has already been interesting: because of the near-perfect color match, the shaft essentially disappears at address. As I mentioned above, my P2 grip (a white and red Classic) arrives today. For me, the Cleveland really came alive when I put that P2 on; being able to feel the face of the putter in the palm of my left hand (I putt left-hand low) is profoundly helpful to me.

My current solution with the alignment lines is to (more or less) ignore them, especially during the stroke. Once the putter is in place, I seem to do better if I'm mentally treating my putter like it's merely a face (rather than a large, lined head). Makes me wonder if the Spider with no alignment lines would work for me.

Full WITB with pictures

This would be a last resort idea for me, not because it's a bad idea, but because it's the kind of thing I could mangle a bit and really tank the resale value of the ER6 if I do decide to move on.

You could try some black pin striping tape to cover the white; easily removed.

Best of luck on the shaft change.  After the initial MGS review, I tried all the Evnroll models at a PGA Superstore in Phoenix.  Never did find one that felt good to me; just something about the weight.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Hey Michael. Foz here.....I tested the original Evnroll ER6.....I struggled for a long time, would change out to a different putter for a couple rounds, then go back to the ER6. It has taken me 1 1/2 years to finally get the feel. I even changed my grip to an interlock, like TW, and finally can say I love this putter. So stick with it and you may grow to love it.

file-25D35A3C-2D7D-44F8-919F-E609CC9928AA-22601-00000F4CF3D341C1.jpg

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Hey Michael. Foz here.....I tested the original Evnroll ER6.....I struggled for a long time, would change out to a different putter for a couple rounds, then go back to the ER6. It has taken me 1 1/2 years to finally get the feel. I even changed my grip to an interlock, like TW, and finally can say I love this putter. So stick with it and you may grow to love it.

Foz, thanks for the encouragement. Definitely planning to keep at it. Here's what's killing me: my last several rounds with the G700s have been incredibly good. Game Golf is telling me that I'm shaving 3 shots a round off my approach game with them (not to spoil my upcoming Stage 2). But I'm giving them back with the putter (which I put in the bag at the same time). It would be awesome to watch my handicap fall, given how I'm hitting the ball.

Full WITB with pictures

Foz, thanks for the encouragement. Definitely planning to keep at it. Here's what's killing me: my last several rounds with the G700s have been incredibly good. Game Golf is telling me that I'm shaving 3 shots a round off my approach game with them (not to spoil my upcoming Stage 2). But I'm giving them back with the putter (which I put in the bag at the same time). It would be awesome to watch my handicap fall, given how I'm hitting the ball.

Probably need to look deeper, not trying to spoil you stage 2. Are you hitting more greens with the new clubs? If so, that could explain more putts or a sign that you need to work on longer putts.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

And the grip has arrived. I'll keep you posted.20180806_120822_HDR.jpeg

Full WITB with pictures

Look I completely get it. I bought an ER2 last year and it didn't agree with me. It happens the Most Wanted is in a way a starting point to finding the right putter. I even bought the Tommy Armour Impact No 3 this year and even though I really like it and I still have it I putt best right now with an old Scotty Cameron Futura Phantom 2 center shafted putter. Heck i dont even know why i bought it off Ebay for 47 bucks and i have never putted better. I would bet there is a putter on the Most Wanted List that is best for you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Dude! Put... It... Up!!!! Sheesh! No reason to play anything that doesn't work for u! We don't always mesh with clubs, and putter is no different. If you replaced your prior putter, due to poor performance, with this one and didn't go through a fitting, I highly suggest a putter fitting. Good luck!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Just to add a little tid bit I made a 30 ft putt today for birdie that never would have happened with any other putter for some odd reason this putter just works. It's crazy my normal stroke is a slight arc but according to the ping app my stroke wasn't always that consistent so I force myself to go straight back straight through and I am hitting putts every round.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Dude! Put... It... Up!!!! Sheesh! No reason to play anything that doesn't work for u! We don't always mesh with clubs, and putter is no different. If you replaced your prior putter, due to poor performance, with this one and didn't go through a fitting, I highly suggest a putter fitting. Good luck!!!!

My first post was obviously dramatized for amusement, but your advice remains good, though I need to respond a bit.

Some who play this game do it only for the number they write at the end of the round. While that matters to me (obviously, given my whining about performance), I also enjoy other things about the game.

I like trying out new clubs. I like tinkering with them. I enjoy a rare splurge on something like this, since I'm mostly a second hand club buyer.

And I enjoy the community here, a small part of which is an appreciation of the Evnroll putters.

So if it were all about the score, I should banish the Evnroll to the basement putter rack and go back to my Elevado (which is exactly what I did last week).

But I'm holding out hope that a grip change can make a big difference with this putter. Early results on my basement green were positive. Playing a round in the morning.

Full WITB with pictures

Same problem here. I bought an ER3 and it is great, best rolling putter I have ever had. However I was terrible with the short putts. But I believe the technology works so I bought an ER 1.2, it has more toe hang and fixed my short putt issue. Tinkering is just that, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Now I have a almost new putter to sell...

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

My first post was obviously dramatized for amusement, but your advice remains good, though I need to respond a bit.

Some who play this game do it only for the number they write at the end of the round. While that matters to me (obviously, given my whining about performance), I also enjoy other things about the game.

I like trying out new clubs. I like tinkering with them. I enjoy a rare splurge on something like this, since I'm mostly a second hand club buyer.

And I enjoy the community here, a small part of which is an appreciation of the Evnroll putters.

So if it were all about the score, I should banish the Evnroll to the basement putter rack and go back to my Elevado (which is exactly what I did last week).

But I'm holding out hope that a grip change can make a big difference with this putter. Early results on my basement green were positive. Playing a round in the morning.

Hmm. Does missing putts still make a round a happy one? If you look at the clubs I've been through in the last 3 years, you'd see I tinker as well. It is fun.

But when one doesn't perform, it's gone. I'm curious of how you keep the game fun when the results aren't positive, keeping score or not. I may need to learn from you here!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

OK, that's better.

Just finished a round in which I had 14 putts (with one chip-in). Game Golf said I gained .2 strokes against a scratch golfer with my putting (and for a 15-handicap, that's really good). I've been working with the Evnroll on distance control, doing some ladder drills on my basement green. That was my focus today: I'd place the putter on my aim line, and then during the stroke, I was only thinking about rolling the ball a certain distance.

Like @cksurfdude noted above, I'm a fan of softer faces, and I think that's the adjustment I need to make here. After I set my alignment, and being able to feel the face in my hands with the P2, I need to give all my attention to speed.

Full WITB with pictures

Archived