deejaid

Show Me Your Pimped Out Golf Cart!

I always tell my wife I want to turn our Honda Odyssey into a 70's metal flake custom ride and she looks at me like I'm crazy. I think a good compromise would be to do the cart up like that. It would be fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm in the market for a cart, so I'm trying to stay away from this thread. If I keep checking in I'll end up making an impulse buy

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

I'm in the market for a cart, so I'm trying to stay away from this thread. If I keep checking in I'll end up making an impulse buy

We were half-heartedly looking for a cart and since we knew our neighbors were able to get a deal.

My wife thinks we should have searched awhile to find a nicer one, but for the price and convenience (didn't need to have trucked to us) I just made a deal for this one.

I figure I can spend another $1500 on it in body panels or paint, new wheels and upholstery and we'll be into it for just over $3K.

It's really been great to have as we have joined the local club and between going to the club's restaurant, pool, range, gym, etc instead of driving into town, we have barely put any miles on our van this summer.

• Like 1

Yeah, lights are definitely next on the list but first need to decide if we are going to keep this body and paint or wrap it or if we want to get a new aftermarket body for it. I was looking at this body kit

spartan-biege__65114.1433358981.1280.128

For $560 it would drastically change the look. A guy down the street has this body on his 2000 Club Car and with new wheels his looks like a new cart.

I'd like to do both seats so they match. The front seat was redone by the previous owner, but at least 10 years ago. The vinyl rear seat gets hot sitting out in the sun so we always have to put a towel down on the way back from the pool.

And yeah, not looking to lift it or anything.

Another couple of guys I know used a kit similar to that and made their carts look like their Cadillacs lol

They look really good.

• Like 1

We're coming up on year 5 with our sumbrella cover. The sumbrella is in fine shape but the cheap plastic windows - well those got bad after the first year.

You're right, The windows seem to never get clean after a while.

Another couple of guys I know used a kit similar to that and made their carts look like their Cadillacs lol

They look really good.

There's kits for 55-58 chevys, old thunderbirds, 40 fords etc. Check it all out there's some pretty cool aftermarket stuff out there.

• Like 1

There's kits for 55-58 chevys, old thunderbirds, 40 fords etc. Check it all out there's some pretty cool aftermarket stuff out there.

My wife mentioned she'd like a classic 1960's Bronco someday. I saw they have 1966 Bronco golf cart bodies and I told her it might be as close as we get to the real thing with prices shooting up on the classic Broncos.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'd probably go lifted maybe even enclosed with air conditioning. Some nice interior and possibly a radio. Even a smart car turned into a golf cart would probably be cool

• Like 1

I'd probably go lifted maybe even enclosed with air conditioning. Some nice interior and possibly a radio. Even a smart car turned into a golf cart would probably be cool

Lifted looks cool but be careful a couple of them have been flipped here.

Spent some time tonight cleaning the top with a magic eraser and removed the circa 2000 decals. Looking better already.

• Like 3

How’s this Project going? Any updates

Haven’t done much lately. The removing of the decals made it look much better. I came close to buying new wheels and tires but didn’t.

I did add an LED headlight kit to it. While being practical it also makes the cart look nicer as well.

IMG_0050.JPG

• Like 2

On 8/1/2018 at 6:05 PM, Charli said:

isn't a SmartCar smaller than a golf cart already?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey guys! Just made my intro thread here (since I've decided to focus on my golf game, more than golf carts these days - which I custom build in my spare time). But had to search the forum to see what golf cart chatter was going on! I built (flipped) 7 carts last year. Usually buy mid 2000s (2003-2008) carts for around $1,500 - spend $1,500-2,000 on mods and then sell them for $1,500-$2,000 in profit. It's more of a hobby than a business, but I definitely think the OP was smart to get an older cart and modify it. You can make them look GREAT. 

What @downlowkey said is spot on. Rear seat is a must. I do want to add that I used to get my rear seats from Buggies Unlimited... but I have more recently been finding some killer deals on Golf Cart Accessories (rear seats, wheels and tires, etc.) from the Golf Cart Tire Supply. They have a good quality rear seat kit for $278.95  that folds into a cargo bed with diamond plating - and comes with a free safety grab bar. Same seat used to cost me $359.99 from Buggies.

My latest build picture is attached 😃

Good luck with the continued build! PM me if you want any free cart advice

2019 spring build 2.jpg

• Like 6

Hey guys! Just made my intro thread here (since I've decided to focus on my golf game, more than golf carts these days - which I custom build in my spare time). But had to search the forum to see what golf cart chatter was going on! I built (flipped) 7 carts last year. Usually buy mid 2000s (2003-2008) carts for around $1,500 - spend $1,500-2,000 on mods and then sell them for $1,500-$2,000 in profit. It's more of a hobby than a business, but I definitely think the OP was smart to get an older cart and modify it. You can make them look GREAT. 
What [mention=68431]downlowkey[/mention] said is spot on. Rear seat is a must. I do want to add that I used to get my rear seats from Buggies Unlimited... but I have more recently been finding some killer deals on Golf Cart Accessories (rear seats, wheels and tires, etc.) from the Golf Cart Tire Supply. They have a good quality rear seat kit for $278.95  that folds into a cargo bed with diamond plating - and comes with a free safety grab bar. Same seat used to cost me $359.99 from Buggies.
My latest build picture is attached
Good luck with the continued build! PM me if you want any free cart advice
1160105871_2019springbuild2.jpg.28df38387f10ba609c914f2bd0ad3cdd.jpg
Question if you don't mind. I have an old Melox cart that is in need of some tlc. Do you know the best paint to use? Also a good procedure for repainting?

Thanks
Mark

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Here’s my submission. 2006 Precedent electric. High speed motor and controller, 6” lift, 23” tires on 10” wheels. We live in a golf car permissible community, so it gets a lot of non-golf use as well. Can u guess my alma mater.3B64A5E6-9B01-426A-B127-49B365E0F527.thumb.jpeg.b649437d3f1902f4c4b9e2622bb9bbed.jpeg2D047456-CB97-4A26-809F-45A76FB1763D.thumb.jpeg.a537035dc5d0499da27e139c171a3ea7.jpegB314D40D-07C8-4B90-BB2F-2F9741563140.thumb.jpeg.0bb6c816ac44fe7e8ae50762299f2fe9.jpeg

• Like 6

Here’s my submission. 2006 Precedent electric. High speed motor and controller, 6” lift, 23” tires on 10” wheels. We live in a golf car permissible community, so it gets a lot of non-golf use as well. Can u guess my alma mater.3B64A5E6-9B01-426A-B127-49B365E0F527.thumb.jpeg.b649437d3f1902f4c4b9e2622bb9bbed.jpeg2D047456-CB97-4A26-809F-45A76FB1763D.thumb.jpeg.a537035dc5d0499da27e139c171a3ea7.jpegB314D40D-07C8-4B90-BB2F-2F9741563140.thumb.jpeg.0bb6c816ac44fe7e8ae50762299f2fe9.jpeg

Did you end up painting it yourself?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Layout and design was mine, but it is a two stage automotive paint with clear, so I left it to pros for application

• Like 1

We can’t “Jack up” our carts too much as some of the older tunnels aren’t high enough to accommodate them. I know a couple of guys who found out the hard way.