Sign in to follow this  
TheWahoo

Jarrod Lyle, heartbreaking news

I guess most of us were aware that the Australian golfer, Jarrod Lyle was engaged in a long time fight against cancer.  Yesterday, it seems that on social media his wife let it be known that he has decided to stop treatment for the cancer and enter palliative care.   She noted that he gave it is best over his long struggle, but his body can no longer continue.  It is now just a matter of time.

While I have seen him on televised events, what I remember most is his hole in one on 16 at Scottsdale.   

He is only 36 years old and has a loving wife and two young daughters.  Sometimes, it is really difficult for me to accept that such things happen.  If so inclined, may I suggest that we all say a prayer for him and his family. This is so, so, sad, so again I ask why.

• Like 5

I've certainly been praying for his family. I would argue the why as while there are plenty of joyful moments in this world things are broken and therefore people breakdown - at various ages and in various ways. Too much evidence not to buy that - the why - that's another matter and this is not the proper place for that discussion.

It's always gut wrenching when it's early and a young family is left behind. :(

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

This is so, so, sad, so again I ask why.

Good people die young.

Evil people get power and get rich.

Some children are born into poverty and never make it past 2 years old due to starvation.

I mean, the list is endless, but ultimately life isn't fair and doesn't make any sense half the time.

Love your family, because when you are pushing up daisies no one is going to ask your next of kin why you didn't spend more time at work.

• Like 4

This is very sad news. The why is not for us to determine. We can pray for him and his family.

My Dad was also 36 when he passed so this news really makes me think of him.

• Like 3

This is very sad news. The why is not for us to determine. We can pray for him and his family.

My Dad was also 36 when he passed so this news really makes me think of him.

Now I'm truly sad. I mean it.

I don't feel sorry for those who get to go to see their Maker, my heart aches for those left behind. Ugh. Such heartache for his wife and kids to endure. So tough. Definitely praying for them, and his soul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Cancer is a heck of a disease. There is no logic to it. Prayers for him and his family.

Stories like this make you hug your loved ones a little more than normal and for me make me pray that I have his strength if I ever face anything like that.

• Like 2

I don't feel sorry for those who get to go to see their Maker, my heart aches for those left behind. Ugh. Such heartache for his wife and kids to endure. So tough. Definitely praying for them, and his soul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Watched cancer turn my younger sister into a 23 year old widow with a 6 month old baby. BIL was 24. Hard, hard times.

Stories like this are tough to take.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

Jarrod Lyle, an Aussie golfer who has fought 3 bouts of cancer is calling it quits on his fight. The treatments have taken such a toll on his body that he can't fight any more and will go into palliative care.

Please take a few minutes out of your day to read the linked story written by another Aussie, Ben Everill, who works for the PGA Tour and writes for various newspaper. If it doesn't tug at your heartstrings a bit, then, I don't know.

https://www.pgatour.com/tour-insider/2018/08/01/jarrod-lyle-inspiration-to-all-cancer-battle.html

• Like 1

Cancer definitely touches us all, whether a family member or close friend. All we can do is pray for the family and be thankful for the few years the loved one spent with us.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

This is just heartbreaking and happening to just one great guy.  I lost my father five years ago to the same disease and was there in the hospital for all his chemo treatments and ultimately in the room when he and the doctors decided it was time to stop treatment.  Prayers to he and his family as it has been said, cancer sucks.  

There is a great article that was written by Robert Allenby that I just read and it started getting dusty in the office towards the end of it.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/golf/i-was-his-hero-now-hes-mine-robert-allenby-pens-heartwrenching-tribute-to-jarrod-lyle-ng-b88917488z

• Like 1

Very sad news. Just nothing you can really say.

Prayers for him and his family.

I was just watching Golf Channel, and Jarred Lyle has passed away. Rest in peace, Jarred.

There is a go fund me page for Jarred's family out there.

I've got tears after watching the segment Golf Channel did to honor his memory. I've never seen Frank Nobilo speechless. Rich Lerner was in tears and Todd Lewis could barely get the words out as he was breaking down.

I was just watching Golf Channel, and Jarred Lyle has passed away. Rest in peace, Jarred.

There is a go fund me page for Jarred's family out there.

I've got tears after watching the segment Golf Channel did to honor his memory. I've never seen Frank Nobilo speechless. Rich Lerner was in tears and Todd Lewis could barely get the words out as he was breaking down.

What a shame. A great person taken too young. My prayers are with his family.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Jarrod, but I know a lot of people who did.  To a man, they all thought he was a great bloke. It's rare for someone to be liked and admired by all they come across, Jarrod was one who was.

R.I.P.

• Like 4

Someone on twitter suggested Rory (I think all the pro's) should put on a bucket hat maybe just on 18, or at some point, to show support and highlight Jarrod and this horrible illness. It could be a great source of comfort for the family. Poor guy. 

• Like 5

All of he Australian players should wear yellow bucket hats. And anyone else that wants to join in. All week.

• Like 1