TESTERS WANTED! ×

Is your local track in good shape?

Sluggo42

The mounds are so tough for me as a highcapper but I figure if I learn on something thats difficult it will only make me better. It's also the toughest shot ever to practice. I have no idea how to get better at it.

I had one shot that was chest high, no joke. What do you even do with that? I'm 6'3 btw. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

They are tough for me too!!  The only way to really practice is to head out on the course when it's empty; find a hole with the shots you want to practice; and hit a bunch of balls.  It's something you can't do on the range.  I had one of those shots today; ball about waist high, and I was about 160 out.  Since the ball is supposed to go left, I aimed slightly right of the green because there is a big bunker left of the green.  Ball went dead straight, and I was pin high right of the green.  But I know that if I aimed straight at the green, I would have been in that bunker!!

Here's an overhead of my course and you can see the many mounds.  Don't look too big in the picture, but some are 10-12 feet high.

CP Overhead.jpg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Pretty sweet track Kenny

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

The greens at my home course have been the worst this year than they've been in a long time. There were several courses around here that had issues with their greens this year, but most of them have now recovered.  They are getting a little bit better than what they used to be, but they still have some work to do.  The rest of the course doesn't look too bad for what they have to work with. 

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

Except for the times after an outing* our course is in great shape. The fairways and greens are constantly watered especially this past July when we only received about .3 inches of rain.

* outings = lots of unrepaired divots and ball marks

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

A super in the Central Texas area just said something on twitter about the drought and how he prefers a hose over a squeegee. He'd rather pay for water and control how much hits the course versus being at the mercy of the clouds. He showed pics of his course and the fairways look like carpet and the greens are smooth. Amazing how good it looked seeing that they hadn't had any measurable rain since May 27th. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

My home club is in decent shape, considering the weather.  In May we had 9 inches of rain, compared to an average of about 4.  June was about normal, but with several weeks of hot weather and no rain at all.  In July we are at 11 inches of rain, nearly triple the average, and last week saw lots of really heavy rain. The wet/dry/really wet conditions have stressed the turf, and we're seeing a significant number of bare patches, where the grass simply gave up.  We've been "cart path only" for a while, and this weekend we still had standing water in many of the more level areas.  Springs are popping up on hillsides where we've never seen them before. The weeds, however, are thriving.   Our greens are still in pretty good shape, just not as firm and fast as most of us would prefer.  Overall, I think our superintendent and his crew have done a pretty good job in a really difficult summer.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

The one I played today is immaculate. But it's difficult. Lots of undulations in the fairway. The greens are fantastic though. Just got buckets of rain this week and it was still very well drained. It's about 15 minutes from my house. The other one is an easier track but it's in horrid shape. I'd rather play the harder, nicer course. attachicon.gif MVIMG_20180805_111004.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

from the way that picture looks in the forum, it looks like the flagstick is IN the lake.  LOL, DANG, that's one hell of an optical illusion.  I wouldn't even have any idea of where to aim at that hole.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

My home club is in decent shape, considering the weather.  In May we had 9 inches of rain, compared to an average of about 4.  June was about normal, but with several weeks of hot weather and no rain at all.  In July we are at 11 inches of rain, nearly triple the average, and last week saw lots of really heavy rain. The wet/dry/really wet conditions have stressed the turf, and we're seeing a significant number of bare patches, where the grass simply gave up.  We've been "cart path only" for a while, and this weekend we still had standing water in many of the more level areas.  Springs are popping up on hillsides where we've never seen them before. The weeds, however, are thriving.   Our greens are still in pretty good shape, just not as firm and fast as most of us would prefer.  Overall, I think our superintendent and his crew have done a pretty good job in a really difficult summer.

:o   We've had 4.08 inches year-to-date.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Yes, I play fast, if I ride I can play in 2 hours or walking in 3 hours. I am certainly not scratch and sometimes play 2 balls. If I play a round over 4 hours I don't play as well because get cold waiting between shots. That being said I normally play as a single, if I was with friends, I wouldn't care how long it takes because I'd just be out having a good time.

Too bad you are in Minnesota.  We play the EXACT same style of golf.  Hit it and go, and have a few drinks with friends if they are along for the ride.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

wish you'd send the rain our way 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

from the way that picture looks in the forum, it looks like the flagstick is IN the lake.  LOL, DANG, that's one hell of an optical illusion.  I wouldn't even have any idea of where to aim at that hole.

It does look that way, ha,  must be the picture. Pin placement was left center of the green. Unfortunately my fear of missing left and long had me on the front edge of the green, just before that crazy looking upslope. not a fun 3 putt on the 16th hole. 

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Course has been grest all year minus a few dsys where it was hot, over watered, then the greens got bumpy. Hardpan developing since no rain to speak of in weeks. Not even sure when it last rained.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I love my home course which is Lane Creek in Bishop, Ga.   and yes, it is always in really good condition.  It's nine miles from my home and a pleasant drive through the country with very little traffic to speak of. 

There are many pics in the Lane Creek thread I started so if you care to take a look check em out here:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/19797-lane-creek-georgia-get-togethers/?hl=%2Blane+%2Bcreek

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I love my home course which is Lane Creek in Bishop, Ga. and yes, it is always in really good condition. It's nine miles from my home and a pleasant drive through the country with very little traffic to speak of.

There are many pics in the Lane Creek thread I started so if you care to take a look check em out here: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/19797-lane-creek-georgia-get-togethers/?hl=%2Blane+%2Bcreek

I'll vouch for this.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

In answer to your question, yes. I would have never thought the course in Dillon, MT would be maintained well.  The fact is, it is a nicely maintained as any courses I've played here in Montana - including Old Works. `

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Archived