TESTERS WANTED! ×

New Srixon/Cleveland Gear for 2019

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw the RTX-4, wondering what improvments were made to the already stellar RTX-3 ...

You'll see tomorrow!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Just got back from Srixon - they showed us the new irons, wedges and metal woods. Can't show any pictures or share much in the way of details, but it's fair to say Srixon/Cleveland nailed it.

We'll have a slew of stories and videos coming - you won't be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

This somewhat confuses me. There are already pictures all over other sites so why can't you show them? Mygolfspy doesn't really live up to its name if they can't show spy shots, right?

My bag is a revolving door!

This somewhat confuses me. There are already pictures all over other sites so why can't you show them? Mygolfspy doesn't really live up to its name if they can't show spy shots, right?

if nothing else it helps to keep good will with the companies so that they'll work with MyGolfSpy in the future, more often than not unofficially posted pictures of new gear get removed until the official blog and posts from the staff come up.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Just received via email......

attachicon.gif file-5D1AE2BD-3848-4915-B851-EA8FA20C31B9-1982-00000116CADE64C6.jpg

attachicon.gif file-8C3123DB-ECC8-4B05-96A2-1F308DE63A4A-1982-000001180E379ED9.jpg

attachicon.gif file-344AD3D6-69B0-4F57-AB3C-AC89767BF971-1982-000001180EFB6737.jpg

Does this peak anyone's interest?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

you are so cruel.

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Saw them all in pictures, but really can't wait to see them in hand.

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

I'm curious if they'll be coming out with a second gen CBX wedge. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

if nothing else it helps to keep good will with the companies so that they'll work with MyGolfSpy in the future, more often than not unofficially posted pictures of new gear get removed until the official blog and posts from the staff come up.

Well, that's an interesting question -- while we do have independence from OEM's in that we don't take $$ from them, we do wish to retain an element of goodwill and mutual respect. OEM's have embargoes for a reason, and as a rule we cooperate with them. We do rely on them for participation in Forum Review Opportunities and Most Wanted - it's something that works out for both them and us -- they get exposure and honest feedback from our forum, and we get to give our forum members the opportunity to review and keep stuff. It makes for a lively, fun community. 

Not really willing to sacrifice that just so we can show pictures early -- they provided us with pictures to use in our blogs with the understanding that we'll respect their embargo. We try to act with integrity in our dealings with everyone - readers, OEMs and each other. It would be pretty slimy on our part to accept samples for testing, pictures and reviews and then turn around and say FU to the OEM and violate their trust, never mind their embargo. They understand that we'll be honest in our assessment and call it as we see it, and they respect that (well, almost all of them respect that!). 

All that aside - it's an embargo on a freaking wedge. It's not like we're fighting ISIS or anything.... :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I would think it's an update to the RTX3, since that was a few years old… And they just slashed the price to $99. As for me, I'm not sure how they will make the CBX 2.0 better, these Things are a godsend.

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Not yet, I don't think. This is the replacement for the RTX line. Seeing as the prices were just slashed in the RTX and not the CBX, I doubt they are coming out with a new CBX yet. Probably next release with new putters would be my guess.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Well, that's an interesting question -- while we do have independence from OEM's in that we don't take $$ from them, we do wish to retain an element of goodwill and mutual respect. OEM's have embargoes for a reason, and as a rule we cooperate with them. We do rely on them for participation in Forum Review Opportunities and Most Wanted - it's something that works out for both them and us -- they get exposure and honest feedback from our forum, and we get to give our forum members the opportunity to review and keep stuff. It makes for a lively, fun community. 

Not really willing to sacrifice that just so we can show pictures early -- they provided us with pictures to use in our blogs with the understanding that we'll respect their embargo. We try to act with integrity in our dealings with everyone - readers, OEMs and each other. It would be pretty slimy on our part to accept samples for testing, pictures and reviews and then turn around and say FU to the OEM and violate their trust, never mind their embargo. They understand that we'll be honest in our assessment and call it as we see it, and they respect that (well, almost all of them respect that!). 

All that aside - it's an embargo on a freaking wedge. It's not like we're fighting ISIS or anything.... :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

I definitely understand what you're saying here but if PGA players are using the equipment that the public can potentially see and it's appearing on USGA conforming lists that are also public then what's the point of any embargo by that stage?

I guess I'm saying how is posting pictures any different than posting articles like this:

https://mygolfspy.com/2019-srixon-z-series-drivers/

Even GolfDigest.com has shown and described the new driver.  Are they not under the same embargo?

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/srixons-new-z-785-driver-unveiled-to-tour-staff-at-the-travelers-championship

My bag is a revolving door!

Really looking forward to this one. Srixon nails the looks of their clubs more than any other OEM imho. Such classic looks even in their forgiving club designs.

Plus, I always have had a soft spot in my heart for Cleveland wedges. Even in the heady times of the Vokey craze—never strayed from my Clevelands!

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

I definitely understand what you're saying here but if PGA players are using the equipment that the public can potentially see and it's appearing on USGA conforming lists that are also public then what's the point of any embargo by that stage?

I guess I'm saying how is posting pictures any different than posting articles like this:

https://mygolfspy.com/2019-srixon-z-series-drivers/

Even GolfDigest.com has shown and described the new driver.  Are they not under the same embargo?

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/srixons-new-z-785-driver-unveiled-to-tour-staff-at-the-travelers-championship

Pix from tour are pretty much fair game for everyone -- if we had someone on tour and scooped some pix, we'd run them, too. It's accepted practice. But we don't have anyone covering the Tour, so we don't have our own pix. Those driver pix come from the USGA Conforming website - anyone can look at it (it's updated every Monday). Those are fair game as well, since they're often prototypes or not completely finished looking product - and aren't in color - and they're available for anyone in the general public to see. 

When it comes to pictures of samples they send us, or of pictures they provide us with for our First Look blog stories, we respect their embargo. Yeah, there are pictures everywhere, but we work with them on a basis of trust - I try to take that seriously.

Are there pix out there? Yep. Do others ignore the embargo? Yep. We won't.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Pix from tour are pretty much fair game for everyone -- if we had someone on tour and scooped some pix, we'd run them, too. It's accepted practice. But we don't have anyone covering the Tour, so we don't have our own pix. Those driver pix come from the USGA Conforming website - anyone can look at it (it's updated every Monday). Those are fair game as well, since they're often prototypes or not completely finished looking product - and aren't in color - and they're available for anyone in the general public to see.

When it comes to pictures of samples they send us, or of pictures they provide us with for our First Look blog stories, we respect their embargo. Yeah, there are pictures everywhere, but we work with them on a basis of trust - I try to take that seriously.

Are there pix out there? Yep. Do others ignore the embargo? Yep. We won't.

Integrity Barbajo, that's what makes this group better than the rest.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Update -- you'll see the new wedges this Friday! Nice evolution from RTX-3 - similar DNA but with enough updates - and one big new addition - to make them pretty compelling.... B) B)

Hey. It's Friday....

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

As much as I'd love to throw Srixon irons in my bag the Cleveland irons I am playing have been awesome. I really wish more people would pay attention to these clubs. Looking forward to more detail.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

100% agree with what he said! ^^^^^^

Pure joy to bag

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Good Question.....  I Hope they do....

My 60 degree is $$$$$$ from 80 yards in

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Are they torching the Tour Raw to get that bronze look????

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

As to the CBX wedge question - Cleveland does a 2-year cycle on its products, so this is the year for an RTX update. Next year will see a CBX update.  Keeping them in an alternate year cycle is smart, since it lets them introduce a new product every year, but in a different category. 

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

As to the CBX wedge question - Cleveland does a 2-year cycle on its products, so this is the year for an RTX update. Next year will see a CBX update. Keeping them in an alternate year cycle is smart, since it lets them introduce a new product every year, but in a different category.

Yeah I figured as much. I'm just excited to see how they can improve an already impressive line.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Great write up as always.

That XLow grind looks very intriguing. I might have to try that out.

Also, I find it curious that they don't have the XLow in the 62 or 64?

Maybe they think with the versatility of the 60° XLow, you wouldn't want a 62 or 64.

It seems that Cleveland has finally caught up with Mizuno and Titleist in their selection of loft/bounce options.

The new RTX 4 wedges have genuine low bounce options that have not been available since their old 691 Series decades ago.

With Mr. Cleveland himself having packed off to Callaway--I assume that he's still there--someone in the ranks at Cleveland has recognized a need.

Archived