Sign in to follow this  
GolfSpy Barbajo

New Srixon/Cleveland Gear for 2019

As most of you know I had a chance to demo the 919 Tours yesterday.  

After sleeping on it, I can confidently say that if my clubs were stolen and I had to get new irons, the Srixon 785 irons would be at the top of the list - over the Mizuno 919 Tours.  

To me, the 785s look better (purely personal) and felt a bit more explosive.  Mizuno's still held a slight edge in feel, but I enjoyed hitting the 785s more. 

• Like 3

After sleeping on it, I can confidently say that if my clubs were stolen and I had to get new irons, the Srixon 785 irons would be at the top of the list - over the Mizuno 919 Tours.  

To me, the 785s look better (purely personal) and felt a bit more explosive.  Mizuno's still held a slight edge in feel, but I enjoyed hitting the 785s more. 

Two quality choices, but that's quite an endorsement for the the 785's

• Like 1

I hit a few balls on a break from Christmas shopping (10hrs- can you believe that?!) with the '85 drivers (thanks for my sanity, 2nd Swing!), anyways, I concur with JLukes- and add that the 585 was giving me real good numbers too- a little bit high launching, but that's probably shaft, and real good ball speed, although the 785 nicked it by a couple mph on good strikes and had a better flight for me (again, shaft). Both felt/sounded great, although I'm one who never had a specific type of feel/sound- these were great, very satisfying. Of course, this was inside, on GC Quad, so YMMV... 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Blades coming next year. Can’t wait to see what they look like

I may or may not have seen a picture 🤫

• Like 4
  • Off Topic 1

Posted in the What did you buy thread, but I'll add a couple more thoughts here. 

It was 42 and cloudy out today with a light breeze.  Not the ideal time to have a range session, but we all know how it is when new shiny toys arrive, we can't wait to get them out of the box and into action...after the obligatory pre hit photos are taken of course..

So started with the A wedge and worked my way through.  The very first strike which I should also add was my first swing of a club in over 2 weeks, resulted in a nice mid height flight right at the 102 yard flag, but fell about 15 yard or so short.  Which is fine, as my GW is usually my 80 to 85 yard club.   But the feel was so soft and pure.

Many more shots like that continued from the P to the 5, the longest Iron I ordered.   Now the 5 was definitely one hit or miss, and I may ultimately end up with a hybrid or something in this place.   But the few I did hit pure were giving me about 160 yards which is not far off the norm for me. 

I think these may be the best looking GI Iron I've seen in a long while, now the Mizuno Hot Metal are saying...hey don't forget about me, and that's a very valid point.   They are definitely the top two in that class. 

So not much more to say based on hitting 40 or so balls, but I can't wait.....and I'm afraid I'll have to for a warmer day or two to get out with these on the course. 

585 Close up.jpg

2018 585 full bag pic.jpg

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I may or may not have seen a picture 🤫

Question, do they look like blades? 😉🤐

Just now, bergtaur said:

Question, do they look like blades? 😉🤐

You might say that!

• Off Topic 1

The 785’s are such a beautiful club and the feel you get off them is simply amazing

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Posted in the What did you buy thread, but I'll add a couple more thoughts here. 
It was 42 and cloudy out today with a light breeze.  Not the ideal time to have a range session, but we all know how it is when new shiny toys arrive, we can't wait to get them out of the box and into action...after the obligatory pre hit photos are taken of course..
So started with the A wedge and worked my way through.  The very first strike which I should also add was my first swing of a club in over 2 weeks, resulted in a nice mid height flight right at the 102 yard flag, but fell about 15 yard or so short.  Which is fine, as my GW is usually my 80 to 85 yard club.   But the feel was so soft and pure.
Many more shots like that continued from the P to the 5, the longest Iron I ordered.   Now the 5 was definitely one hit or miss, and I may ultimately end up with a hybrid or something in this place.   But the few I did hit pure were giving me about 160 yards which is not far off the norm for me. 
I think these may be the best looking GI Iron I've seen in a long while, now the Mizuno Hot Metal are saying...hey don't forget about me, and that's a very valid point.   They are definitely the top two in that class. 
So not much more to say based on hitting 40 or so balls, but I can't wait.....and I'm afraid I'll have to for a warmer day or two to get out with these on the course. 

2006722561_585Closeup.jpg.2d1e371969226fd36dd189803fde8add.jpg
1328740865_2018585fullbagpic.jpg.1dec87e070d82893694e71b610fad42c.jpg
Beautiful clubs! So what's going to happen with the Bridgestones?

Sent from my SM-G965U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Question, do they look like blades? 

I went with the 585s as well after playing the 765s. Can’t really tell much difference from the top line. I would not call the 585s GI irons in looks or feel, but that added assistance is there, hidden away in a beautiful package. Love these irons!!

Beautiful clubs! So what's going to happen with the Bridgestones?

Sent from my SM-G965U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That's a really good question. I need to hit them off turf and in warm weather. But I really liked what I saw. Spring Training will be fun this year

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, djahubes said:

I went with the 585s as well after playing the 765s. Can’t really tell much difference from the top line. I would not call the 585s GI irons in looks or feel, but that added assistance is there, hidden away in a beautiful package. Love these irons!!

Djahubes, I was asking about the blades from Srixon that GC2 saw since he's a buyer... my bad on not making that clear.

• Like 1

I’m really debating hitting-up Miles of Golf in Michigan while I’m there for work to do a fitting for these. I’m dying to try them! I LOVED the 545s....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

On 8/5/2018 at 12:08 PM, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Just got back from Srixon - they showed us the new irons, wedges and metal woods. Can't show any pictures or share much in the way of details, but it's fair to say Srixon/Cleveland nailed it.

We'll have a slew of stories and videos coming - you won't be disappointed emoji41.pngemoji41.pngemoji41.png

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy up

Just realized I can't be posting and watching my little girl play basketball.

I suck

• Like 2

Rob, those look a LOT better in your bag than they did in the promo pics, that's for sure.

Must be the photographer. Ha Maybe I should apply for a job in its marketing department.

But I agree they look great where they are.

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing

• Like 1

I still need to hit their clubs, just hard to find a place to demo them.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy