TESTERS WANTED! ×

The River Club, N Augusta SC

Albatrossx3

Right across the river from what many see as golf Mecca, The River Club is anything but a copy of the National.   Many courses in the area share the terrain of the National, large elevation changes etc,  not so at the River.  Much flatter, with nice rolling land, covered with a large lake, and wetlands, The River is a great departure and an excellent challenge.

The River Club is semi-private club, with other than Masters Week affordable green fees.   The course is a Fazio  family design with many of the crazy green complexes and slopes Fazio is known for.  Position is key to scoring, so many places it is imperative to be below the hole, none more so than the par 5 ninth.  The green is insane, a ridge runs front to back through the middle, being on the wrong side of this ridge creates a nearly impossible chip or putt .    The greens themselves, even in winter overseed are fast and firm.   The fairways are also overseeded so that the course even in winter is in great condition.   

The club also sports 3 cottages for rent, allowing you to stay right on property and play.  They will also book other courses for you if you do not want a steady diet of The River Club, but condition wise you can not go wrong.  

Three, Albatross'

Three Holes in One

Plus, when I was 5 the first ball I ever hit on a golf course went in the hole, so I have that going for me.

My bag is a mish mash of Srixon drivers, cobra and adams fairways, TA1 irons and Hopkins wedges, plus a Cure putter.  

Hmmm sounds like an ad for The River Club.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel