Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Titleist AVX ball

fossil

Found one and played it 6 to 8 holes. Loved it but tge price is steep even used. Didnt get to play around much with it as the course was busy and I was hutting it well. Passed it off at the end of the round to my assistant pro in the shop to try. He played it 3 holes before he lost it, but loved it so much he ordered some for the shop and they are moving really well.

I thought I got about 5 more ysrds or so with the ball. Low hndcp buddy thinks it longer and loves it. But he says he had trouble with the spin around the greens.

I might buy a sleeve and try them with my new irons.

Im a Prov1 but the AVX is the best feeling ball zive found for me.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I played this again Sunday... I ordered 3 dozen as I left the course! Long, great feel, and a definite piercing ball flight allowing the ball to just run off the driver.

Yep. I really like this one!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I played with a buddy of mine who was playing this ball on Saturday.  He still shot 93, so look at that however you want.  My comment to him was, "Dude, if you like wasting $48 a dozen to still miss greens and fairways, then have at it."

I just shake my head now at anyone dropping that kind of coin on a golf ball, when there are SOOOOO many other brands that are comparable to Titleist at a fraction of the cost.  But that's just me.  I'm cheap anyway, and I could score well with a two-piece $20 per dozen retail ball.  Unless you are scratch or better, the $48 a dozen Titleist for you is nothing more than a status symbol, IMHO.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I played with a buddy of mine who was playing this ball on Saturday. He still shot 93, so look at that however you want. My comment to him was, "Dude, if you like wasting $48 a dozen to still miss greens and fairways, then have at it."

I just shake my head now at anyone dropping that kind of coin on a golf ball, when there are SOOOOO many other brands that are comparable to Titleist at a fraction of the cost. But that's just me. I'm cheap anyway, and I could score well with a two-piece $20 per dozen retail ball. Unless you are scratch or better, the $48 a dozen Titleist for you is nothing more than a status symbol, IMHO.

I get it. But, in my case, I disagree on the status symbol as no one ever really sees what ball you're playing. Heck, I spent most of two summers ago playing a ball from Australia and the only reason anyone could tell it might be a different brand was because it was so much brighter/yellower than any other ball out there.

No one sees I had Titleist on my ball, or TaylorMade (most days), or Srixon.

Anyway, I like the performance of the ball and I've not tried another one, yet, that brings down my ball flight like this does. Check-out the TXG videos on YouTube. They prove Titleist has done something with this ball that others haven't... Yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Thought I read somewhere that this ball is basically an NXT with a different name. Anyone else heard or read this?

Absolutely not, the NXT was two or three piece surlyn covered ball that had a much higher compression. The AVX is three piece urethane covered ball with much lower compression. Therefore it spins more, feels better off the putter, and is softer.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I found one and can tell you it does not float. And apparently it's hard to hold on to. I found it in the trees behind the 16th green. Decided to play it on 17 and as I was going to the 17th tee it slipped out of my hand and bounced twice on the cart path and jumped in the water.

That's my only experience with it, but if I would have known they were $48 a dozen, I might have dove in after it. I mean, it was the second to last hole and I was coming home to shower anyway.....

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I played with a buddy of mine who was playing this ball on Saturday. He still shot 93, so look at that however you want. My comment to him was, "Dude, if you like wasting $48 a dozen to still miss greens and fairways, then have at it."

I just shake my head now at anyone dropping that kind of coin on a golf ball, when there are SOOOOO many other brands that are comparable to Titleist at a fraction of the cost. But that's just me. I'm cheap anyway, and I could score well with a two-piece $20 per dozen retail ball. Unless you are scratch or better, the $48 a dozen Titleist for you is nothing more than a status symbol, IMHO.

I think your argument should be "you can't take full advantage of the performance it offers at that price point".

Mid-high handicappers use premium balls thinking they'll score better, not due to status symbol.

But yeah, I wouldn't play these either, I still lose 2 or 3 balls per round.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I've been using them pretty exclusively the last couple of months. I'm a very high spin player and feel like I can control the spin a little better with shots into the green with them compared to ProV. Love the feel of them. Just got a shipment of Snell MTB blacks in though I'm going to put through the ringer.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max / Fujikura Motore Speeder X-Stiff

Irons:  :ping-small: iBlade 3-PW / DG X100 Soft Stepped once

Wedges:  :vokey-small:  Vokey sm6 52, 56, 60 / DG S400

Putter:  :scotty-small: 2018 Newport 2

Ball:  :titelist-small: AVX

• 4 months later...

I found one and played 3 rounds with it before I lost it. I thought it was nice. It was extremely durable too. Stayed clean for a long time, unlike my chromes, which get chopped up pretty quick

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Archived