GolfSpy Barbajo

TESTERS ANNOUNCED: Ben Hogan Ft. Worth Black Irons

Beautiful classic irons, always wanted to try Ben hogan blades.

Eoghan from Ireland

22 year old playing off 10

Nike VR pro combo II cavity back 4-6 Nike vapor pro blades 7-P Stiff dynamic gold x100

Holy awesome opportunity...thanks!  Good luck ya'all.  Reviews on these are awesome, very sharp lines also.

Josh G / Ohio

age 40,  8 hdcp

Wilson Staff FG Tour V6,  TT Gold S300 shafts (stiff)

I'm a certified club fitter at Austads golf in St. Cloud Minnesota. There are lots of questions about finished clubs and their durability. I am always telling folks that the finish on almost all clubs will wear off relatively quick and look terrible within 7-10 rounds. With this test I'd like to have my view points changed on the matter and be able to answer customer's questions with greater detail and accuracy!

Adam- Kimball, Minnesota

17 years old/ 1.3 handicap

Callaway Apex pro 4-pw with Project X Rifle 6.0 shaft

Golf Pride tour wrap standard

standard length and lie

These are the real deal! Good luck to those of you selected :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Yes, please! They are quite lovely.

Scott Athens, Ga

47 8.5 hdcp

Titleist 714 CB's with project x 6.5 4-PW

Wilson 2i (about to be reshafted to 6-7i length)

Cleveland wedges

Beautiful irons. Started my golf journey with Hogan Radials, moved on to Apex Edge as I improved, would love to return.

Marc, Kankakee Illinois

53, 3.3 hndcp

Ping i200's

Thanks for the opportunity!

Justin, Kansas

34, 9.1

Ping i E1 (green dot), 4i-9i, S300

JASON/ VIRGINIA

TITLEIST AP2 712's W/ DYNAMIC GOLD S300 4-PW/GOLF PRIDE MCC PLUS 4 MIDSIZE

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Tim, currently living in California

39 years old, 12 hdcp (unofficial)

3 iron: Taylormade P790 (Project X LZ 6.0)

4-6 iron: Mizuno MP-25 (Project X 6.0)

7 iron-PW: Mizuno MP-5 (Project X 6.0)

I lived in and around Fort Worth, TX growing up and used to play Hogan Edge GCD irons, so have an affinity for the Hogan brand.

DEAR BABY JESUS IN YOUR GOLDEN DIAPER  - PICK ME FOR THIS ONE!!!

Ron - Washington State

43 and 3

Wilson Staff FG Tour 100's 3-PW - Dynamic Gold S300 shafts  (all standard)

I'd love to take the Hogan Fort Worth's for a spin with the Recoil 780 F4's. Anything I can do to slant the odds in my favor, let me know because this is the exact set I was chatting with Hogan about yesterday.... And it's my birthday today!

I like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo T-shirt because it says "I want to be formal", but I'm here to party! Oh Ricky Bobby!

Jeff / Texas

49 years old / 13 HDP 

Ben Hogan Apex Plus, 3-E, Stiff, +3/4 inch, Midsize Grips 

I'm a Tarrant County resident and a part-time starter at a country club. I'd love a chance to show off these new Ft. Worth irons to our membership.

Hello I would love the Opportunity... to test out the new Ben Hogan Irons.

My name is Dino Clark

I'm 49

Handicap 14

Im' currently using Taylormade M2 w/Graphite shaft

I golf once a week. some time twice.

Scott Eagles, 34 years old

Ontario, Canada

2.4 index

Callaway x-forged pro kbs c-taper x-stuff 4-pw

Ft worth 15 51* and 56*

Cleveland 58*

I love the 15's just didn't commit to the full set i'd Love to give the full set a go they are a beautiful iron to look at and even nicer to play

Thanks for the consideration

Alexander - Vancouver, BC

26 years old

7.2 handicap

I play the Wilson FG Tour 100 blades from 3-pw with a DG S300 and Winn Dritac midsize grips. I also have a P790 3 iron bent to 17 degrees with a DG X100 and Winn grip as well.

Fingers crossed on this one.

James / California

32 - index +9.8

Titleist 716 AP1 w/ Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    lowercasec6

• By DPattGolf
      As some of you know I am moving soon and I need to clear out some of my equipment that isn't currently in my bag. 
      First up is my Ft. Worth Black irons. This set is 4-PW with Dynamic Gold X100 shafts and stock Ben Hogan Lamkin Z5 grip.
      This set was used for a review but was by no means abused during testing. 
      Looking to sell for SOLD.

• By GolfSpy Barbajo
      (4) TESTERS Announced:

Ben Hogan Equalizer Wedges

Another week, another review opportunity for you, fellow Golf Spies! And we think you're going to really like this one.

There's been plenty of chatter here and in social media on the new Equalizer wedges from Ben Hogan. 1025 forged, enhanced V-Sole, Progressive Center of Mass - there's a lot here to get you intrigued, and we want four of you to test, review and keep a 3-wedge set of Hogan Equalizers, and let us know if they're the real deal.

TESTERS Chosen:

Four of you will be chosen to review a 52-56-60 set of Equalizers with your choice of shafts offered by Hogan. In addition, Hogan will tweak the lies and swing weights to fit your specs. And if you need the lofts adjusted a degree or so, they'll do that, too.

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US and Canada.

HOW TO APPLY:

As you all know, we take our member reviews pretty seriously. You'll be asked for a full two-month commitment to take these things to the range and the course, and follow a detailed template to write up a thoughtful, detailed and - most importantly - honest review.

To apply, tell us in this thread (and ONLY in this thread!):

First name/Home state or province
      Current wedges
      Short game strengths/weaknesses
      Current handicap

The Testers have been selected. Please congratulate!!

DDRyan
      Tommc23
      KCLeo12
      GeekingGolf

• By GolfSpy Barbajo
      From today's InBox -- very similar the Bridgestone's program.  Seems like a smart move as Hogan continues to inch forward...

Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company Launches Club Demo Program 
      _______________________________________________________________________________

FORT WORTH, Texas, January 3, 2018 -- Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company, LLC, manufacturer of premium golf clubs and golf bags, announced today it has launched a Demo Program to allow golfers to try its premium line of golf clubs before they purchase.

"We understand that many players want to touch, feel, hold and, most importantly, hit new golf clubs before buying them," said Scott White, President and CEO, Ben Hogan Golf. "We are completely confident that when golfers compare Ben Hogan irons or hybrids to their current clubs, or other clubs they may be considering for purchase, they will prefer premium Ben Hogan products."

In recent months, the Company reorganized and implemented an innovative 'factory-direct' distribution and pricing strategy. The Company remains committed to producing the best-performing and best-feeling golf equipment in the world, and now sells Ben Hogan Golf Equipment direct-to-consumers exclusively online at www.benhogangolf.com. This distribution model allows the Company to offer serious, avid golfers the high-quality Ben Hogan products they have come to expect from the Company at factory-direct prices with no retail mark-up.

The Demo Program is simple and easy and provides golfers with the opportunity to try Ben Hogan products at no risk or obligation. The golfer can choose the model(s) and shaft they would like to try from the drop-down menus shown on the website. At this time, demo availability is limited to products with 'stock' lengths, lies and grip specifications.

The customer's credit card will be charged only $20.00 for round trip shipping, and a deposit will be held on the card until the clubs are returned. A pre-paid UPS Ground return label will be included in the box. The golfer has fourteen days from the date of order to try the clubs, then return them to the Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company. Demo club availability will change on a daily basis.

According to White. "We know that serious, accomplished golfers understand technology and appreciate the performance of our award-winning clubs, and we are pleased to give them the ability to easily demo our clubs to determine which model works best for them. Unlike other scenarios where clubs are hit into nets or at a manufacturer-specific Demo Day, we want to give the golfer the ability to test our products at his/her leisure, at their own course or range. We want to make this process easy and minimize any stress like high-pressure salespeople and Tech Reps."

About Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company

Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company manufactures premium golf clubs and golf bags, and is committed to continue Ben Hogan's reputation of innovation, performance and classical designs. The company is based in Fort Worth, Texas, Ben Hogan's longtime home and the site of the original Company which opened in 1953. The Company offers their premium products online at www.benhogangolf.com exclusively. By eliminating the retail "middleman", the Company's cost structure is minimized and consumers are able to purchase high-quality golf equipment at factory-direct prices. To learn more about Ben Hogan Golf, please
      visit www.benhogangolf.com.

• By MmmmmmBuddy
      I was told by SWMBO that some of the the golf equipment clogging up my garage has to go. It's not easy letting go, but I thought I'd give the fellas at MGS first crack.

First up is my '99 Hogan Apex/Apex Plus flow set. These are legit. They have spined TTDG S300's and mixed grips. Set is Apex blades from 7-E and Apex Plus cavity irons from 4-6. I'd call the condition a solid 7/10. Grooves are clean. These have the normal bag chatter that you would expect from a nearly 20 year old set of forged irons.

Sold
      Asking $100 +10 to cover some of the shipping.

I'll add more as I get time.

I also need to find a home for a couple of putters that do not get along with me.

One is a 34.5" Evnroll ER1. This club is great. Just not for me. I cannot get used to the speed. Condition is a very solid 9/10. Comes with headcover, but no ball marker. (fell off mid round)
      SOLD

I am after $250 + $10 to help cover shipping. PM me with questions.

The last thing I have for now is an MLA Tour Mallet.

35" in nearly new condition. There are no weights. I lost them. Sorry. Replacement weight kits are available from MLA for $30.  Comes with headcover.

Looking for $125 + $10 for shipping.  

Thanks for looking!!!

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!