Forum Org Change: Reviews Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
birdybogey

Just joined my first forum from AZ

Hello everyone, 

I've perused the MGS website and forums for years now, but never thought to join the forum. I've only been golfing for about 7 years, but I've managed to lower my handicap from a 30 (or so) down to a 7.9 in that time frame. Having played Baseball my entire life I always struggled with clearing my hips too early and pulling across the ball as if I was trying to pull a ball down the 3rd base line.

My first lesson at GolfTec was a huge eye-opener for me, it really helped me see what I was doing compared to what I "thought" I was doing. Since then I've used the slow-motion feature on my cell phone and a tripod on the range to help me see what I am doing and comparing that to the result of the shot I just hit. I'm a strong believer that lessons help more than equipment. 

I also firmly believe in getting custom fit for golf clubs. My current set of clubs was custom fitted for me by Dan Weitzel at Weitzel Golf in Denver, Colorado. He did a great job and I highly recommend his services to anyone looking to get custom fitted. He can usually beat out the big box stores on pricing.  

I look forward to future participation in this forum and helping others learn to enjoy this wonderful game of golf.

• Like 3

Welcome aboard MGS. It's nice to hear from someone who went about learning golf the best way. Kudos!

• Like 1

Welcome fellow Arizonan. Only in the low hundreds this weekend. Get out while it is nice and cool. I will be at Wildfire on the Faldo course Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest!  Glad you joined us.

Welcome fellow Arizonan. Only in the low hundreds this weekend. Get out while it is nice and cool. I will be at Wildfire on the Faldo course Saturday.

In the low 100s here too.  I love the Faldo course at Wildfire!!  Had several meetings years ago at the JW and played both the Faldo and Palmer course many times... when I should have been in meetings!!

• Like 1

Welcome from Indy⛳️

Welcome from The Hat.

This is a great website to be a part of. Lots of knowledgable people here as well as friendly. There is a real commaraderie here that you won't find anywhere else. Participate and please contribute.And above all else,enjoy

I hope you played well. I had a tournament at The 500 Club (Men's Association). Frustrating round, 5 birdies, but still shot an 80. There was a LOT of potential for a better round but some short game errors cost me. 

Quick question for those that posted.... Where do you get all the logos you've placed in your signature line. It looks really sharp. 

Welcome to the Forum! Thanks for the introduction!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy