Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Finally got a Scotty!

Jeeves

I have to agree with the insane products that he offers. On ebay you can find headcovers that go up to $200. I love my scotty but everything that he offers that isn't a putter is a little rediculous. I wanted a scotty headcover but I couldn't find a good reason to buy a $50+ headcover thats gonna sit in my bag and the garage when im not playing so I ended up buying an AM&E headcover that is the exact same thing just without the logos. Scotty has gotten a little crazy with his $200 headcovers, $35 grips, and fake wallets and ugly golf bags.

The headcovers are just the tip of iceberg lol.

It's the fact that he can put a (T) on something and horrible 25+ handicappers will spend $3000 dollars on it because he's convinced the 3 putting masses that mass manufactured putters are an art form rofl.

I mean, I'm sorry. But ffs, it's a putter. It's not a piece of art. An $8,000 fruity loops graffiti garage blah blah blah putter is still a putter. It's not going to make you putt any better. The idea behind golf club design is to improve the capabilities of the product with science and technology. It's not to paint it really wild and crazy colors and weld a bunch of s*** on it.

The writeup on Cameron where the guy is standing on the patio of his Malibu estate and he asks Scotty, "All this from putters huh?" and Scotty replies "Yep. All this from putters." really irks me. Yah, that's right.

• SPY VIP

The headcovers are just the tip of iceberg lol.

It's the fact that he can put a (T) on something and horrible 25+ handicappers will spend $3000 dollars on it because he's convinced the 3 putting masses that mass manufactured putters are an art form rofl.

I mean, I'm sorry. But ffs, it's a putter. It's not a piece of art. An $8,000 fruity loops graffiti garage blah blah blah putter is still a putter. It's not going to make you putt any better. The idea behind golf club design is to improve the capabilities of the product with science and technology. It's not to paint it really wild and crazy colors and weld a bunch of s*** on it.

I agree that it seems crazy, but that is capitalism. As long as the demand exists, they will be made and sold. This aspect of Cameron stuff is really more of a collector market than a playing equipment market. Some of the people buying cameron stuff could drop the crazy expensive money for his damascus putter and then game it without a headcover.

No one eats on the silly collectible plates, but they too are worth crazy amounts of money to collectors who value/want them.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I agree that it seems crazy, but that is capitalism. As long as the demand exists, they will be made and sold. This aspect of Cameron stuff is really more of a collector market than a playing equipment market. Some of the people buying cameron stuff could drop the crazy expensive money for his damascus putter and then game it without a headcover.

No one eats on the silly collectible plates, but they too are worth crazy amounts of money to collectors who value/want them.

Yah, I guess, but maybe I'm just jaded. Who knows hah.

Really though. Don't you agree that if you're going to be a putter (and accessories) collector, that you should at least be a decent putter or golfer in general. The guy with the thousand dollar custom fitted fine tuned Circle T who can't break into the 80s blows me away.

I wonder if that guy ever asks himself "Wow. Why did I buy this? I still sally them 6 ft short whether I use a Walmart special or a Hand-folded Damascus steel that was superheated in lava and then quenched in angel tears."

• SPY VIP

Really though. Don't you agree that if you're going to be a putter (and accessories) collector, that you should at least be a decent putter or golfer in general. The guy with the thousand dollar custom fitted fine tuned Circle T who can't break into the 80s blows me away.

I wonder if that guy ever asks himself "Wow. Why did I buy this? I still sally them 6 ft short whether I use a Walmart special or a Hand-folded Damascus steel that was superheated in lava and then quenched in angel tears."

Lava and angel tears FTW!

I think that play would be coupled to collecting. Maybe with the exception of the Japanese market, where the status of having the club is sometimes more important than using it. Also, some people who can afford to own a Porsche really suck as drivers. I do find that the little chuckle escapes as they stall at stop signs... :)

Volvo Intorqueo

Seems quite well suited for fighting during Pon farr rituals too. (too obscure?)

A little obscure..

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

The only way that putter could be better if the putter was heated in that superheated lava by Satan himself only to then be quenched in angle tears by God! Now there's a putter!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• SPY VIP

The only way that putter could be better if the putter was heated in that superheated lava by Satan himself only to then be quenched in angle tears by God! Now there's a putter!

Many times people do equate Scotty with one of those two beings. Depends upon the person though...

Volvo Intorqueo

A little obscure..

Not if you wear your pointy ears to bed at night. Learning more about Sactown every day... ;)

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

... or a Hand-folded Damascus steel that was superheated in lava and then quenched in angel tears."

We have a winner. A press of the green button for this little gem. ;)

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Archived