hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Tour Edge Exotics CBX Fairway Wood

Tour Edge Exotics CBX Stage 1 by Jmikecpa

So now that you know about me and my game, how am I going to put this through its paces???  

First off, it is going into my bag immediately.  My thought behind this is two-fold in that I don't get along with what I am playing and well the best way to test results is through real on course play.  That being said I also plan to get numbers off of my launch monitor as well to test against my Titleist 917 F2 and Callaway Epic Sub Zero.  This should give a good barometer of the spin claims as well as how it fairs against two of the big boys in the industry.  

Awesome job on your stage one and weight loss!  Also I'm impressed with your taking time with your son to learn the game.   Good stuff all around!  Enjoy your testing and looking forward to stage 2.

• Like 1

Great start, guys! It would take a lot to displace the old Callaway RAZR Fit from my bag, but this certainly has the potential. Very interested in the rest of the story.

• Like 1

Great start, guys! It would take a lot to displace the old Callaway RAZR Fit from my bag, but this certainly has the potential. Very interested in the rest of the story.

Feel the same about my GBB.

Won't get to far ahead of my posting results so I'll just say keep watching for the results

Tazz

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Great start from all of the testers and I like that there is a great variety of three woods going up against the CBX woods. This should be very interesting indeed!!

• Like 1

Great start from all of the testers and I like that there is a great variety of three woods going up against the CBX woods. This should be very interesting indeed!!

This is what I found to be the interesting part, you have the view of two of the big OEM versus one of the smaller manufacturers as well as what does a couple years equate to in differences in product from the same manufacturer 

• Like 1

Nice start fellas, good to get to "know" you a little better.

• Like 1

I was able to hit this club about a month ago in a HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.5 shaft.  That is the exact same set up as my F8 fairway wood.  I found that when you hit it out of the center, it's a monster!  If you miss hit it though, you were really punished.  I'm curious if you guys are seeing the same.

Great start! Can't wait!!

One could almost say that was done on purpose

• Like 4

Lil bump and quick update on today's round with the CBX.

Rough scoring day but the club was put thru it's paces.

Gotta get used to it more than I am right now. Baby it flies. I don't say this often but effortless power is a label I'll attach to it.

Still working on stage 2 for ya as well. So stay tuned for the fireworks.

Tazz

• Like 4

Lil bump and quick update on today's round with the CBX.

Rough scoring day but the club was put thru it's paces.

Gotta get used to it more than I am right now. Baby it flies. I don't say this often but effortless power is a label I'll attach to it.

Still working on stage 2 for ya as well. So stay tuned for the fireworks.

Tazz

I'm playing the 816 too, and will be curious if it takes your current 816's spot in your bag. I'm guessing it will be longer, but that doesn't always mean better...

• Like 2

I'm playing the 816 too, and will be curious if it takes your current 816's spot in your bag. I'm guessing it will be longer, but that doesn't always mean better...

My GBB has saved me a bunch. It'll be hard to replace it. And I agree. Sometimes more distance isn't better......sometimes it is ⛳️🏌️

Tazz

• Like 1

I have loved my E8 Tour since I got it, interesting results so far between the two. Guess you'll see in Stage 2!

• Like 1

Hiya Spies,

Bumping with my stage 2 review, https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/25003-official-forum-member-review-tour-edge-exotics-cbx-fairway-wood/?p=450111

Hope you enjoy and have plenty of questions.

It's tee'd up and ready to rip tater chip

Tazz

• Like 3

Nice Tazz, so the GBB is in semi retirement then....

Nice Tazz, so the GBB is in semi retirement then....

Yup it is semi retired until my son finds out. Then mysteriously it'll end up in his bag lol

Tazz

• Like 2