TESTERS WANTED! ×

Belvedere Golf Club Charlevoix

Shankster

IMG_3687.JPG

I'll be playing this beautiful place on Saturday. I played it once as a kid, but didn't think anything of the history.

“Belvedere invites you to experience this historic course like so many other legends of the game have. Legendary golfers like Bobby Jones, Gene Sarazen, Walter Hagen, Tommy Armour, Sam Snead, Ken Venturi and Tom Watson have all been part of the unique history of this course.”

It will be an honor to walk the same land as those fine Gentlemen. My own pictures will be posted here.

Well, this was one awe inspiring round of golf. I'm still writing down some thoughts on the course and resizing the pictures.

But to be able to walk the same ground as Bobby Jones, Tom Watson, Walter Hagen, Sam Snead... was a rather amazing afternoon.

The putting surfaces were slick, and the most complex I've ever seen. Fairways were mown tight...

Dude I love this....history....there is a course here in Jacksonville that used to host the precursor to TPC Sawgrass gotta play it....love the old courses and tracing the steps of the heroes

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

That is seriously cool. The history is amazing. Walking the same fairways as the legends is an incredible experience. Glad you enjoyed it!

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Ok, so I ended up with a rather large score at the end, my dad didn't grab the scorecard but with my two blow up holes I'd imagine I was around 84, shot a 37 on the front... back tore me up for the first 2 holes.

I do remember paring all of the par 3's, which seems to be a trend for me lately. They ranged from 146 to 226. My favorite was 17, 176 yards with a nice kick off the mounding on the left hand side of the green.

These greens were running at 12+. You can tell that the past Michigan winter wasn't too good for them, a few bald spots and the remains of some winter mold damage, but the flagsticks were let anywhere near these areas.

The keep it well watered so you were really getting any fairway run out.

There is lots of mounding on the course that you can use to your advantage. It is definitely a shot makers course, I can see why Tom Watson liked it so much.

Several drives were aided with a healthy bounce, and anything in the second cut ran out quite a bit because it doesn't get much water.

We were stuck behind some really slow groups, so I gave my dad a few wedge lessons, I had him checking up his Clevelands within a few holes.

All in all I am giving this course a 90/100. There was one hole that I didn't care for, but other than that if you are in the area it is a must play. A rather hidden gem if you ask me.

Archived