A great performance. But I don’t think he will win again

Our Sponsors

As I said in one of the threads about Tiger before: these kids aren't all that great as a whole. Tiger has contended in the last two majors, and has been in the top-10 a couple times and he hasn't played competitive golf in quite awhile! He's not even CLOSE to having his “A” game yet and he dang-near just won the PGA.

Yeah, he'll win again. I'll send you the Crow to eat on ice... Make sure you season it well!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not close to his “A” game??? This is his A game. Are there some things he needs to work on, yes, just like every other player.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

After this weekend I am pretty confident that Tiger will win at least a few more tournaments. Maybe even a major.

Today he is competing against young guys who are not intimidated by him, and he's over 40 years old. But I still think he has a few wins in him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen1 0811X 12° driver w/Project X Evenflow Blue 55g shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

:srixon-small: Z355 22° 7 wood w/Miyazaki Jinsoku shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 19° 3 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

:tour-edge: HL E521 25° 5 hybrid w/Fubuki HD55 shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg Sti2 6 iron w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 Tour+ irons 7-PW w/UST Competition Series graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge w/Rotex shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:cleveland-small:  Huntington Beach Soft Premier 10.5

He may not win again. But he will have high placings. Hrs focused and fit so why shouldnt he?

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

He's going to win again and he will get another major. He wins bay hill and maybe one other events at a course he gets along with well and he adds either The Masters or The Open

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

He will definitely win again. In fact, I will just go ahead and say he will win a major next year.... barring injury or some other set back.

He hasn't forgotten how to play.... hell, to do what he is doing with all the personal stuff and all the surgeries...... he's downright phenomenal!

.... and no, I don't worship him and he's not my favorite player (that would be Jason Day), I just recognize greatness when I see it.

I'm case people don't realiize it. Next year's Major venues.

Augusta

Pebble Beach

Bethpage Black

I think he's done OK at these places

Then Royal Portrush. It's a complete unknown as for history as it will be the first Open Championship held thee.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I'm case people don't realiize it. Next year's Major venues.

Augusta

Pebble Beach

Bethpage Black

I think he's done OK at these places

Then Royal Portrush. It's a complete unknown as for history as it will be the first Open Championship held thee.

Yep, next year will be fun. I think Tiger will win at Bethpage. It suits his strengths well. I am looking forward to seeing Royal Portrush in the rotation. I think it will be a great venue for an Open.
  • Like 2

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

He could win but I still don't think it'll be a major, not with players like Spieth and company in the mix. I'm not against him but I do think it's a disservice to the winners when all the media talks about is his performances over theirs. He put together a terrific round today but was his 64 today better than the 63's by Brooks and Schwartzel Friday?

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

You youngsters just do not get it.

It is Tiger in the media, it will always be Tiger!

When you take your last breath of golf media .............IT IS ^^^^^^^^^^ TIGER, HE IS GOLF PERIOD!

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

I know you love to see him on Sunday......cmon!

He is and will always be the best show in golf!

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

This year has probably been the most significant year in his career. From where he was at the beginning of the season fighting to make a cut to where he is now being a contender is significant. Can he pull it together and win? That is a hard question to answer and I don't think anyone can? this question would have been a lot easier to answer if it didn't relate to Tiger, but it does and that in itself complicates things. Age is a factor as is the strength of the field he competes against. Even though I was once tired of Tiger, Tiger, and more Tiger, as I was with Michelle Wie, I am now glad he is back and would love to see him win. No matter what your feelings are about him, nobody can deny what he has done for the game.

• Like 2

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Disliking Tiger is one thing... but this...

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Not close to his “A” game??? This is his A game. Are there some things he needs to work on, yes, just like every other player.

No way. A game without hitting a single fairway on the front 9?

But I'll give you the A game for his putting and iron play.

• Like 1

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

He will win again. Keopka was just too solid. Hes up against a new breed of competition. I think the field he is up against is stronger than the early 2000s crowd. He just showed us he still has his sunday game and has 5 top 10 finishes in his first year back. Like it or not, the guys got game.

• Like 1

Tiger usually has a below average day then a couple bad holes the final round that kill him. Not sure if mental or what but I'm sure he'll figure it out. Not sure a major is in his future but a tournament here and there sure.

• Like 1

I'm not a Tiger fan, but I like watching him play when he is playing well, and except for off the tee, he is playing well.  He still has 5 or so years left to really compete if he stays healthy.  One more surgery and he's done.  

There are too many good players that drive the ball better than Tiger.  To compete and win he has to get better at Strokes Gained Off the Tee where he is #127.  The rest of his game is solid.  Where he gets into trouble is when there are hazards or OB on one side of the hole.  He's going to avoid that which usually means he is in the rough or trees on the other side.  He needs confidence that he can hit the fairway when he has to.  If he gets the confidence, he will win again, including a major.  My feeling is that his best chance for a major is the Open Championship... maybe St. Andrews in 3 years where he's won twice.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Lessee...

Two fused discs in his back last year, and probably never going to play again.

But....

Places in the last major

Starts this week 3 over on his first two holes.

Has eagle putt, then 3 putts...

Misses every fairway on the front 9

And loses by 2...

He'll never win again... hahahaha

What I noticed this last round was an easier swing, more controlled iron play. He WILL get his driver under a little better control, and as long as his back doesn't blow out, he very well could start racking up the W's soon.

One thing he has over most players, is the older golfers brain.

It won't be long...

• Like 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes