Har in the Hat

What's your Weakness ?

Like most people with a handicap it's distance for me.

Statistically that's the normal limiting factor between handicap levels for most (not all) people. At least I don't suffer from the average 30 yard delusion that many do in regards to how far they hit the ball so my course management is a bit more realistic. I make up some strokes there.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Like most people with a handicap it's distance for me.

Statistically that's the normal limiting factor between handicap levels for most (not all) people. At least I don't suffer from the average 30 yard delusion that many do in regards to how far they hit the ball so my course management is a bit more realistic. I make up some strokes there.

I guess I'm not the only one who can't sleep, Rev.

The weakness has shifted, from chipping to irons.

The chipping has improved a lot.

The irons have been putting me in a spot that I need to use that improved chipping now..

• Like 1

This week distance control with the new Tommy armor putter. It's not for a slight arc style putt but I said why not try it anyway I'll give it to my brother if anything... well he got a new putter today

The mid-round slump.  I'm typically getting off to a fast start these days, often at or around par after 5 or 6 holes, then 5 or 6 over on the next 5 or 6 holes and finishing another 3 or 4 over for the rest of the round.  I was finally able to change the pattern a little the last time out and I know it's all in my head so I'm hoping I've turned a corner.  

• Like 1

Putting! It's not even close right now. Just finished a 3 day tournament and my best round putting was 36 putts . I'm going to take some lessons soon to try to figure something out...

My weakness is too fast in transition which causes Timon issues, and usually I hit a 40 yard pull hook that starts right and just seems to go further and further right. I need better Tempo.

I have an similar issue but

and what I do is pause at the top of my swing. it works.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I owe all of you guys an aplogy.

I have been so busy with the Cobra connect challenge and other posts that I forgot about this thread. Thanks for the replies. I promise I'll go through them.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The thing you need to think about is that you can putt better than a pro. There generally isn't any physical limitation that prevents you from making more putts. What is stopping you from putting better?

I have trouble finding the line.

Sometimes I think it's my progressive glasses

• Like 1

Right now, tee shots. Generally it is 30-75 yard pitches especially out of deep rough. Biggest problem is inconsistency.

And that is so true. it's amazing how some days you can be on fire with one part of the game or most of it yet the next day it could be like you're starting to learn the game.

I always believed that golf is the hardest sport to learn

• Like 1

Seriously though, using a 9 or 8 iron, it is much easier to chip off hard pan than with a wedge. I learned that from an older guy that I used to play in a group with. He was always able to chip hem really good when he was on hard pan, then I would either blade or chunk it, he said use a 9 iron, and I've never had an issue since.

same set up?

Consistency, I am the type of golfer that can hit greats shots half the time and terrible ones the other half. If my terrible shots were a little better I could be much better.

Consistency aside, I would say my handicap breakdown would be like this,

Driving-19

Irons-0

Chipping-12

Putting-0

Clearly I just need to hit more fairways!!!!!!!

that kills us all.

• Like 1

that kills us all.

Agreed! I can go out and shoot low 70s when things are good and the next day I'll be mid to high 80s and I don't feel as though I've changed a thing. Consistency kills us amateur golfers.
  • Like 1

I'm like a few other people on here that my weakness is making good course management decisions. My inner voice says "Hit the hybrid and put it in the fairway, play the percentages". Me: "Driver all day baby!". On A good note, I've gotten pretty good at hitting a low runner with my 3 iron.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

same set up?

Set up with the ball back of middle, so very similar to a regular chip. The object is to get the ball moving forward with good contact, there are limitations, if you are trying to carry the ball over thick grass or water or something, it's difficult, but if you figure out how the ball reacts and runs out, you can put it pretty close regularly.

Has to be my approach shots. Need to give myself more good looks at birdie