TESTERS WANTED! ×

Could he be?

Shankster

Simple question.

Arnie, Jack, Tiger.... Brooks Koepka?

IMG_3729.JPG

I think he has what it takes to be the next really dominant player out there. His win trajectory is working out in his favor. I believe he will get the Villain tag similar to Jack by putting Tiger in second place a lot up coming.

What say you?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know one thing, his nickname should be Iceman...he's absolutely cold blooded.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

The kid's got it all, but he needs something (other than his biceps) to upset the cookie-cutter tour player look.

Not for his playing--that's better than fine.

For his income and celebrity status.

If his wife were an LPGA star, she'd show him how to do it.

Nobody didn't notice her.

Notice how she extended her arms for a hug from the Tiger while on camera?

She's got the instinct.

I was in the Koepka train even before his first US Open win. Litteraly had him as my choice in the Wilson contest then changed to DJ at the last minute thinking DJ would be really motivated to not let BK get him on majors this year.

He seems to have the missing link that is killing DJ, Rory and Spieth these days. No cold streaks with the putter. If he is able to maintain this level of putting he's going to win a bunch more Majors.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I was in the Koepka train even before his first US Open win. Litteraly had him as my choice in the Wilson contest then changed to DJ at the last minute thinking DJ would be really motivated to not let BK get him on majors this year.

He seems to have the missing link that is killing DJ, Rory and Spieth these days. No cold streaks with the putter. If he is able to maintain this level of putting he's going to win a bunch more Majors.

Putting issues aside, I can't recall a time when it really mattered that DJ grabbed a tournament by the throat and finished it. Kapalua this year? Maybe, but he already had a pretty good lead, as I recall. At least Spieth has done that when it mattered. Rory? Not sure since I didn't follow much when he was doing most of his winning. It seems to me that DJ somewhat lacks the killer instinct that was vintage Tiger. Not sure if that's a fair assessment, but it is my perception, which is a shame, because I love watching him play when he is "on".

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I'm thinking the Ice Man is the real deal.  He's got my vote for the grand slam before his playing days are over.. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

100%.

So when I was just getting back into golf I believe Nike had just signed him, and being a Nike fan as a kid I was by no choice of my own a fan of his.

Jason Day was on his hot streak, besides Tiger I had really lost touch with golf. The newest player that I heard of was Rickie Fowler, and that was only because I played the latest PGA Tour video game.

Gone were the names I knew on the leaderboards.

I wouldn't mind seeing BK and TW teamed up for the Ryder Cup.

The kid is good and he doesn't hesitate to put that driver in play. The next big thing??? Look at what happened when they said that about Jordan and he's gone colder. He doesn't have that one off day that kills other guys out there. Heck even if he just wins majors and no other tournaments he won't complain.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I've been a BK fan while he was kicking it around the euro tour. I'm hoping now that he is healthy and has 3 majors under his belt we see him win some regular tour events every year as well. I'll take him running 2 majors every year either way

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Koepka reminds me of Pete Sampras.  Indifferent toward regular tournaments but an assassin during the majors.  

This is an excellent comparison.  Currently, Brooks has won 3 of the last 6 majors he has played in.  Of the 20 majors he has played, he has been in the top 5 six times.  Absolute monster.

The media doesn't know how to cover him just yet because clearly he is ruthless in the majors. With only one win on tour so far he hasn't been sold to the fans as a top level player.  Over time, and a continued high level of excellence in the majors, he will get his recognition from the fans.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

I think he needs to get to #1 in the World before we get "serious" about him being the next guy. He definitely has the long and approach game to make it happen and seems to be WAY more consistent in the majors than DJ. Injuries have been what has held him back so if he can stay health he is definitely capable of going on a dominate run in the majors. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets to #1 sometime soon

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Has everyone really taken a look at his career.   He's really on been on the major tours--European and PGA--since 2015, less than four full years.  In that time, he's won 1 big European tour event, THREE Majors.  Of the 17 majors he's played in since 2014 he's HAD SEVEN Top Tens, and only finished outside the Top 20 four times, and one of those was 21st.  

I don't know what more he has to do to earn the general golf fans attention.   I mean, he's got movie star looks, built like an NFL linebacker, hits the ball a mile, doesn't show any temper on the course, smile and acknowledges fans and kids!    Is very well spoken and thoughtful in his press conferences.   

If he was the QB of your NFL team, he'd be labeled a Franchise QB if you equate his success in majors to post season success in football.   

If he won six or seven combined  Sanderson Farm or Babbasol championships, people would be saying, yeah but he hasn't won a major.      No wonder he said in his press conference, "I hope so" and didn't answer any more when someone asked if he felt this would get him some respect. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Excellent post Rob. All very valid points about his career to date. He's only been on the PGA Tour for what, 4 years now? Dude has every potential to be a monster for years to come.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Has everyone really taken a look at his career.   He's really on been on the major tours--European and PGA--since 2015, less than four full years.  In that time, he's won 1 big European tour event, THREE Majors.  Of the 17 majors he's played in since 2014 he's HAD SEVEN Top Tens, and only finished outside the Top 20 four times, and one of those was 21st.  

I don't know what more he has to do to earn the general golf fans attention.   I mean, he's got movie star looks, built like an NFL linebacker, hits the ball a mile, doesn't show any temper on the course, smile and acknowledges fans and kids!    Is very well spoken and thoughtful in his press conferences.   

If he was the QB of your NFL team, he'd be labeled a Franchise QB if you equate his success in majors to post season success in football.   

If he won six or seven combined  Sanderson Farm or Babbasol championships, people would be saying, yeah but he hasn't won a major.      No wonder he said in his press conference, "I hope so" and didn't answer any more when someone asked if he felt this would get him some respect. 

He is too even keeled to hook the general fan right now. Even DJ shows more emotion than him. I mean think back to the year Speith had where he almost won the 1st 3 majors and captivated everyone's attention. Other than the order he won them in, the only difference is the dramatics and the emotion that Speith showed and lack there of from Koekpa. If he did he would be getting that "Next Guy" talk. Been trying to sell general fans on him for years but they never bite

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

He needs to stay healthy. To be having wrist problems at 28, that could be a big deal. IF he can stay healthy, and keep the putter working, he could have a grand slam in a few years.

I don't personally mind even keeled. I think it shows and takes a lot of maturity to be so calm.

If he had the fan base as DJ or Spieth, he would get the next guy talk.

I do think that he needs to win a few non-majors so he doesn't start to put pressure on himself to only win majors.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

The fan base is growing. He has a nice guy attitude, skills, seems to enjoy himself out there. I wouldn't count him out at Augusta in the spring.

My wife commented a couple weeks ago is that BK comes off as arrogant. Personally, I don't see it, but if others perceive it, he could end up as the "villain".

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

My wife commented a couple weeks ago is that BK comes off as arrogant. Personally, I don't see it, but if others perceive it, he could end up as the "villain".

I can see it... a little. But definitely will have the villain label. Especially if he keeps putting Tiger in 2nd.

I really don't see him falling off the map at all. If he stays healthy it is his show for the foreseeable future. Doesn't seem to let the pressure get to him.

He has fan appeal. He needs a good manager to get him out there. But maybe he doesn't want the attention.

He doesn't want the attention.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

WAIT just one second, I didn't think putting mattered anymore. I thought we were supposed to just hit it as far as we can and we would be better. Now you're telling me putting matters!  :o  :D

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

I like BK. I think he's being portrayed as a villian to Tigers story book rise back to the winners circle unfairly so. If Tiger wasn't in the field, would fans be commenting in a negative light? Fact is he's getting it done by winning majors and Tiger was just a casualty in his quest to win the US Open. I expect him to win more and after watching Tiger this weekend, I also expect him to win as well. Can't wait until they are in the final pairing at a tourney. That will be something to watch!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Seeing as I live in Tallahassee, and this is FSU land, I was telling a buddy this morning that they need to put a bronze statue of Brooks out in front of the Seminole golf course now, because he's a legend locally now.

All that said, give it some time to marinate.  Spieth has 3 majors, and maybe it's just my hunch, but I'd be surprised to see him win another one anytime soon.  Rory has 4 majors, but he's been in neutral for the better part of 4 years now, and basically MIA in majors.  DJ wins his US Open, and everyone and their mother falls in love with him (and the guys all want Paulina), but right now you have to start wondering what trajectory DJ's career takes.  Back in 2015 I thought Jason Day would simply spend the next few years steamrolling everyone on the way to winning everything.  Then he got sick, and has about 10,000 excuses, health wise, or emotional wise why he is one and done.

I'll reserve full judgment until he surpasses Mickelson's major count, as the emotion of the moment would have me believe this is no one trick pony.  But as I've stated with the examples above, anytime you try and anoint the last winner of a major as the next Tiger, they all seem to flounder.

Now if we can just get Rickie Fowler's major wins totals to match his celebrity status, and all will be right in the world.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

3 majors in 2 years. Pretty impressive. Who is the last person besides Spieth to do that?

If you look back over the past 18 years lots of guys have come and gone. I'm not saying he is not a keeper. I just think the jury is still out.

The PGA is so darn competitive these days. I think you could write an entire thesis on the evolution of golf over the past 20 plus years. That paper would have three main areas of focus; Tiger Woods, Balls and Equipment in that order.

Tiger made golf cool so you had more athletic kids getting into golf over sports that in the past they would have navigated to. Tiger also made Golf fitness more of a thing so those same athletic kids spent more time in the gym than in the streets.

Second is the golf ball which flies straighter and further than ever before. If you have some old Titliest Professionals laying around go out and hit them with your new M4 Driver. You might be surprised at the distance and accuracy you immediately lose.

Finally, equipment is more forgiving than ever and we can through custom fitting really dial in your shot patterns. Guys and girls hit it longer and straighter than ever before and Golf ⛳️ courses have not caught up with the new standard distance.

I say all this because while BK is definitely a really good player the competition is so fierce I don't believe we will ever see another guy dominate the tour even remotely close to how Tiger did during his run.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I think it's gonna be another stretch of time where you have a “top tier” of players all with a story line. DJ the number one (for now), Koepka and Thomas hitting their stride, Jordan chasing The Slam. Depending on your preference you even have your heel players in fellas like Reed and an ongoing rules feud with Bryson vs. usga. To get back on subject though Koepka definitely has the skill to make that threesome into a foursome.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Archived