TESTERS WANTED! ×

Hello from Canada

Great to have you!

Sent using the MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:    :ping-small: i20 8.5*, Project X Blue, stiff

Fairway Woods:   :taylormade-small: r9 3W 15*, r9 5W 19* Fujikura Motore 70 stiff

Irons:    :ping-small: i210's 4-UW

Wedges:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 55* :callaway-small: MD3 Milled S Grind 60* 

Putter:    :ping-small: B60i Isopur

• 2 weeks later...

Also in Winnipeg! I play at Glendale, good to know us Canadians represent out here!

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 9° - Smoke Black 70 X 

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3wd 14° - Tensei Blue 60 S

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° - PX 105g 6.5

Mizuno JPX919 Tour 4-P - KBS Tour 130X

Callaway MD4 56°- DG S200 

Callaway MD4 52° - DG S200

Taylormade Hi-Toe 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 

PING Vault 2.0 Anser(copper finish)

Volvik S4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello there!

Another refugee from Canada.  I'm in the east though, moving to the Niagara Peninsula this summer, so I will be in transition for the next year in terms of where I'll be playing and how frequently.

Just a scuffler at this point in life's journey.  Haven't maintained a handicap for the past couple of years since a back injury sent me to the sidelines.  Working my way back to playing more regularly as time permits.

I have a soft spot for vintage sticks, enjoying the experience of playing heritage courses with the equipment of the day.  I could see a set of hickory players in my future.

Your problem is LOFT -- lack of friggin' talent!

WS D7 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 16°/22°

TM Speedblades 5-PW

Cleveland CBX 56°

Cleveland Huntington Beach 6

Hello there!
Another refugee from Canada.  I'm in the east though, moving to the Niagara Peninsula this summer, so I will be in transition for the next year in terms of where I'll be playing and how frequently.
Just a scuffler at this point in life's journey.  Haven't maintained a handicap for the past couple of years since a back injury sent me to the sidelines.  Working my way back to playing more regularly as time permits.
I have a soft spot for vintage sticks, enjoying the experience of playing heritage courses with the equipment of the day.  I could see a set of hickory players in my future.

Welcome from south of the border in Ohio.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Ottawa soon to move to Alberta.  Started playing 2 years ago at the age of 55.  LOL my index is too embarrassing to post. For last season and this one I have been playing out of Greyhawk Golf Club, a part of the Clublink family in SE Ontario and W Quebec.  My bag??  Well since you asked my bag is still in a state of flux as I take lessons and hopefully improve.  Just upgraded my irons and will concentrate on fitting for 3,4,5 hybrid next.

I play an unfitted M1 off the tee.

A 3 fairway wood for the moment, an M2. One M3 hybrid.

New irons are fitted (Golftec Ottawa, Pro Taylor Lafferty) Callaway Rogue X,  7-P. 

I am currently using Callaway Mack Daddy 50, 56, 60 wedges but will probably trade them for Cleveland CBX.  My coach, Taylor, has lent me a 56 CBX to try out for a week or so.  I love that huge sole.  Very forgiving for the hi handicapper.

The current flatstick is an Odyssey  O Works 7.  Footjoy Contours have been my fave boots so far and a Footjoy glove goes on my right hand.

That's correct, I address the ball from the right side.

This seems to be an amazing website and I am looking forward to checking out the forum.

My username has to do with the instrument I play. Any ideas??

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

So happy to become part of these forums as everyone here is very interesting and I am loving the different conversations between everyone. I am from Troy, Michigan and am about a 9 handicap. Trying to shoot low this summer as I just shot my lowest round on 9 holes from the tips which was +2, 38. So glad to join everyone!

Edited by bmaru99

WITB 2019

Driver: :taylormade-small:Taylormade M2 8.5 w/ Xstiff Aldila RIP Beta shaft

2 Iron: :taylormade-small:Talormade P790 UDI 17 degree w/ Hazardus Xstiff driver shaft

4-PW: :taylormade-small:Taylormade PSI iron w/ KBS C-taper stiff iron shafts

52 degree: :cleveland-small:Cleveland RTX 3

56 degree: :callaway-small:Callaway Mac Daddy 4

60 degree-::taylormade-small:Taylormade milled grind

Putter: :cameron-small:Scotty Cameron Dual Balance X5

Ball::titelist-small:ProV1x

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

getting back into this forum. 

From canada, play all over west side of gta 

handicap is about 16 right now... having issues with wedge/ short game. 

Have enjoyed reading the last few...“best of reviews”...  And I’m quite satisfied that you guys are not ‘blowing smoke up my b***’ I even purchased one of your suggested reviewed items and it immediately improved my game by 1-2 strokes. It also took pressure off that part of the game and that is helping me to focus on my wedge/ short game

Looking forward to getting rid of the newb moniker 

• 1 month later...

Welcome aboard from Georgia!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Welcome Travis.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 8/20/2019 at 1:32 PM, devlin said:

Hello all,

getting back into this forum. 

From canada, play all over west side of gta 

handicap is about 16 right now... having issues with wedge/ short game. 

Have enjoyed reading the last few...“best of reviews”...  And I’m quite satisfied that you guys are not ‘blowing smoke up my b***’ I even purchased one of your suggested reviewed items and it immediately improved my game by 1-2 strokes. It also took pressure off that part of the game and that is helping me to focus on my wedge/ short game

Looking forward to getting rid of the newb moniker 

@devlin Welcome from Northwest Ohio - glad one of the recommendations worked out for you. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 6/4/2019 at 6:44 AM, Diddledude said:

Ottawa soon to move to Alberta.  Started playing 2 years ago at the age of 55.  LOL my index is too embarrassing to post. For last season and this one I have been playing out of Greyhawk Golf Club, a part of the Clublink family in SE Ontario and W Quebec.  My bag??  Well since you asked my bag is still in a state of flux as I take lessons and hopefully improve.  Just upgraded my irons and will concentrate on fitting for 3,4,5 hybrid next.

I play an unfitted M1 off the tee.

A 3 fairway wood for the moment, an M2. One M3 hybrid.

New irons are fitted (Golftec Ottawa, Pro Taylor Lafferty) Callaway Rogue X,  7-P. 

I am currently using Callaway Mack Daddy 50, 56, 60 wedges but will probably trade them for Cleveland CBX.  My coach, Taylor, has lent me a 56 CBX to try out for a week or so.  I love that huge sole.  Very forgiving for the hi handicapper.

The current flatstick is an Odyssey  O Works 7.  Footjoy Contours have been my fave boots so far and a Footjoy glove goes on my right hand.

That's correct, I address the ball from the right side.

This seems to be an amazing website and I am looking forward to checking out the forum.

My username has to do with the instrument I play. Any ideas??

@Diddledude welcome. No need to be embarrassed by a high handicap. There are a few of us high handicappers here. As to addressing the ball on the correct or "right' side, they're quite a few of us here as well. We even have a active "Lefty" thread:  

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

• 2 months later...

Been reading this site for a while and just joined recently and wanted to take the time to introduce myself.

Living in a small town East of Ottawa (Limoges) and playing out of the Casselview Golf Club.

I play a lot of golf averaging over 150 rds a year since 2011 with 2015 standing out with 260 rds in that year. Yes it does mean I go South once or twice a year to get 2 to 3 rds a day when I can.

In the bag:

Driver: Mizuno ST 180

Wilson C300 Irons

Maltby M+ wedges (52, 56, 60)

Maltby PTM4 Putter

Welcome to MGS

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

• 3 months later...

Hi there, I am Ron Vaive from Prince Edward Island, Canada. I am left handed and play to a 4 hadicap. 

In my :ping-small: Pioneer riding on a Riksha Cart

:ping-small: G400 LST: Alta CB Xstiff
:taylormade-small:: M2 3 wood: 

:titelist-small:: 818 H1 Hybrid 3: Project X Even Flow Blue 85
:taylormade-small: 2019 P790: KBS Tour
:ping-small: Glide 2: 52/56/60:
:EVNROLL:: ER2

Hello everyone!

I'd like to become a full member so thats I can apply to be a tester, so I think making this post will allow me to get closer to that goal.

I'm in Southwestern Ontario, and this is my first seasons GolfNorth Member, hopefully I'll actually get to use my membership this year!

My clubs:

Driver:

Cobra, King F9 Speedback Black/Grey, Shaft: Atmos Tour Spec 65

Fairway Woods:

3W TaylorMade R11S

Hybrids: 

4H Ping, G410

Irons:

5i-PW Mizuno, JPX Hot Metal, Shaft: Nippon, N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120 Flex S

Wedges:

50,56,60 TaylorMade, Milled Grind

Putter:

No name

Regards,

C

:cobra-small: King F9 Speedback Black/Grey, 9.0°, Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec 65

:taylormade-small:R11S. 3W

:ping-small: G410, 4H

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal, 5i-PW, Modus3 Tour 120 Flex S

:taylormade-small:Milled Grind 50°, 56°, 60°

Putter: TBD

Lefty, HDCP: 22

Hello everyone!
I'd like to become a full member so thats I can apply to be a tester, so I think making this post will allow me to get closer to that goal.
I'm in Southwestern Ontario, and this is my first seasons GolfNorth Member, hopefully I'll actually get to use my membership this year!
My clubs:
Driver:
Cobra, King F9 Speedback Black/Grey, Shaft: Atmos Tour Spec 65
Fairway Woods:
3W TaylorMade R11S
Hybrids: 
4H Ping, G410
Irons:
5i-PW Mizuno, JPX Hot Metal, Shaft: Nippon, N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120 Flex S
Wedges:
50,56,60 TaylorMade, Milled Grind
Putter:
No name
Regards,
C

Thanks cdngolf, you will make yourself eligible to test and review equipment by becoming an active member in the Forum. Just jump in, read some threads and contribute.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra King F8(10.5*) w/ Mitdubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cobra King F8 Gw(50*)SW(54*)LW(58*)all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Welcome VMAN,

I lived on the Island from Jun '17 to Jul '18 and managed to be a mbr at Mill River for most of one summer as I stayed in Summerside waiting for our house to be finished. Then became a mbr at Stanhope once our house was finished in Pleasant Grove.

I visit at least once a year now as I did before our year on the Island. Love it there and plan on going back as soon as COVID 19 decides we can travel again.

Take care and be safe.

20 hours ago, vman1964 said:

Hi there, I am Ron Vaive from Prince Edward Island, Canada. I am left handed and play to a 4 hadicap. 

55yrs old. Plus cap. May have won somewhere around 70invitations 15-20 time provincial am mid and match play champion. Last person to not get in 2016 US SENIOR OPEN . Organize a top am event.  My oldest was the youngest rules official  on the planet. I do free club repair because my buddies don't pay. Full time chirper . Dont care what you shoot as long as you have fun. No fun no game with me. 

Family , golf , fitness , tournaments, and yes work. Golf junky.  

Hi everyone.

Been golfing since I was 9 or so so 50 years of golfing.

I am from iWinnipeg Manitoba Canada. Shoot around 95-105 but don't usually count penalties, penalty enough if you lose a ball.

Please like this so I can become a full member to enter tests and contest now that they changed the rules (Why would you do that now in a pandemic??).

Last 3 years or so I go out around 18 times a year but play around 30 games as often play 36 holes and when I do Golfaplooza at Quarry Oaks (it is 5 times a year before long weekends in summer in Manitoba). Golf season here is May 15-October 15. I usually play June to end of Sept but usually only played July and August most of my life like 5-10 times  year.

Play LaVerendrye every Monday for the special, Quarry Oaks 3-4 times for Golfapalooza, Carman, Oakwood, Scottswood links.

I have Jazz Fat Cat driver (2008 I think) and Jazz play to win hybrids (15, 18, 21, 23 degree I think) from 2005, and my irons and bag are from 1985 TNT Silver Eagle (a Ping Eye 2 knockoff from Loonys Golf shop) and a Slotline inertia putter with the gold weights in the back. Yes my clubs are 35 years old.

I had lots of my original balls (40-50 years old) Staflite, Canada Cup, Hogan, Royal, Swiftflite, Kroflite, Achestnut) but used them up last year on water holes to save my newer balls but little did I realize that my old balls were selling for $12 a ball on ebay.

Will golf start up in Manitoba the year with the pandemic?

Stay safe everyone and please like and reply so I can enter tests.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

18 minutes ago, viking said:

Hi everyone.

I am from iWinnipeg Manitoba Canada. Shoot around 95-105 but don't usually count penalties, penalty enough if you lose a ball.

Please like this so I can become a full member to enter tests and contest now that they changed the rules (Why would you do that now in a pandemic??).

Last 3 years or so I go out around 18 times a year but play around 30 games as often play 36 holes and when I do Golfaplooza at Quarry Oaks (it is 5 times a year before long weekends in summer in Manitoba). Golf season here is May 15-October 15. I usually play June to end of Sept but usually only played July and August most of my life like 5-10 times  year.

Play LaVerendrye every Monday for the special, Quarry Oaks 3-4 times for Golfapalooza, Carman, Oakwood, Scottswood links.

I have Jazz Fat Cat driver (2008 I think) and Jazz play to win hybrids (15, 18, 21, 23 degree I think) from 2005, and my irons and bag are from 1985 TNT Silver Eagle (a Ping Eye 2 knockoff from Loonys Golf shop) and a Slotline inertia putter with the gold weights in the back. Yes my clubs are 35 years old.

I had lots of my original balls (40-50 years old) Staflite, Canada Cup, Hogan, Royal, Swiftflite, Kroflite, Achestnut) but used them up last year on water holes to save my newer balls but little did I realize that my old balls were selling for $12 a ball on ebay.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I’m Rob from Edmonton, Alberta. I own a custom golf club shop, RT Custom Golf. I play with a mixed bag;

Driver - Callaway Rouge Subzero 10.5*

3 wood - Callaway XR Pro

Hybrid - Cobra (4) 20.5*
Irons - Titleist 710 AP2 (4-P)

Wedges - Vokey M6 52*, 56*,60
Putter - Odyssey O Wroks1

1 hour ago, RT Custom Golf said:

Hello all, I’m Rob from Edmonton, Alberta. I own a custom golf club shop, RT Custom Golf. I play with a mixed bag;

Driver - Callaway Rouge Subzero 10.5*

3 wood - Callaway XR Pro

Hybrid - Cobra (4) 20.5*
Irons - Titleist 710 AP2 (4-P)

Wedges - Vokey M6 52*, 56*,60
Putter - Odyssey O Wroks1

Nice to see another Canuck on board with MGS. I lived in Calgary from '78 to '96 and the tough times the province is going through right now is often in my thoughts. On an unrelated note, owing a custom golf club shop is one of those alternative careers, path less well travelled "...if I had tried this I wonder how it would have worked out..." fantasies I indulge in. I hope it is even better than I imagine!

On 4/18/2020 at 3:22 PM, viking said:

Hi everyone.

LaVerendrye - isn't that the home of the 750 yard Par 6?  I think you could really use an overhaul with some of your clubs(and balls), but whatever works for you out there.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello fellow Canadians! Any musicians in the GTA/Toronto area that want to play golf with me? I am starting a Youtube channel called "Musicians Playing Golf" and hope to create amazing content with the help of fellow musicians! Hit me up!

WITB--->

DRIVER - Wilson Staff D300
3W, 5H, 6i - PW - Club Champ DTP1 (cheap set I bought from Golftown to get back into golf after 8 years off)
3H & 4H Wilson Deep Red Maxx
52 degree Wilson Harmonized Wedge
Wilson M1 Putter

my golf clubs.jpg

New guy here from Edmonton, only been playing seriously for a year. It was always hard to go play the random golf game because the wife would not be ecstatic about it (she doesn’t play). But recently I bought a membership to Edmonton Petroleum Golf Club and now she encourages me to go 😁. She wins too because now she can bring her friends to a private club for some food. I’m a high handicap at 30, but working on bringing that down. The game is great because you can play and learn on your own unlike other sports, and it’s something you can do with friends and have great conversations. Have you ever tried talking about the week’s events while playing basketball? Lol. Not sure what else to say but if anybody wants to know more, just ask! 

Hello Everyone, Bevan here new to the forum love the website. A little about me.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 
    I've been playing golf for just over 2 years, my handicap is 14.9 and my normal score is 85-89

2. What do you love about golf?
    The addiction to be better. I've played sports all my life but a motorcycle change all that. I had to relearn how to walk and I was encouraged to use golf as physio.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    Long time Lurker first time poster. Been reading MGS for a while.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
    Comox Valley, B.C. Home course is Glacier Greens. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    It rains all winter, kinda crummy but unlike most of Canada I can play through the winter.

6. What do you do for a living?
    Canadian Forces, ACS (aircraft structures)Tech 

7. How’d you pick your user name?
    I let my daughters pick it. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap