Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Hello from Canada

On 4/17/2020 at 3:00 PM, CdnGolfDataNerd said:

Hello everyone!

I'd like to become a full member so thats I can apply to be a tester, so I think making this post will allow me to get closer to that goal.

I'm in Southwestern Ontario, and this is my first seasons GolfNorth Member, hopefully I'll actually get to use my membership this year!

My clubs:

Driver:

Cobra, King F9 Speedback Black/Grey, Shaft: Atmos Tour Spec 65

Fairway Woods:

3W TaylorMade R11S

Hybrids: 

4H Ping, G410

Irons:

5i-PW Mizuno, JPX Hot Metal, Shaft: Nippon, N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120 Flex S

Wedges:

50,56,60 TaylorMade, Milled Grind

Putter:

No name

Regards,

C

This site is so much more than being a tester, don't let that be your only goal.

I'm from SW Ontario as well, where do you play out of most often? You mentioned Golf North, so assuming one of those clubs (you can send a PM if that's more convenient to you). I think there are a few of us from this area on here. 

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all

I’ve been a big fan of my golf spy for 3 years now and finally decided to join in on the chat.

About myself,

I live in the Greater Vancouver area of B.C. Canada.

Once a week golfer (as long as I can find child care and the wife is all good 😬)

9.4 handicap.

I play;

1) TaylorMade M4 Driver with Fujikura Ventus 6 S shaft,

2) Srixon Z85 3 wood. Stock S Hazardous Smoke Shaft,

3) Srixon Z85 2 Hybrid. Stock S Hazardous Smoke Shaft,

4) Cobra F8 3 Hybrid. Stock  Aldila Rouge Pro S Shaft,

5) Srixon Z785 Irons. P-3 with stock Nippon S shafts,

6) Mizuno MP 18 50, Volkey 54(S) and 58(M) wedges,

7) Odyssey Stoke Lab 7 Putter,

😎 Snell MTB-X Ball. 

I like a good round of semi serious golf with tunes, and lots of birdie juice. 

Thank you!

D.

“Your worst putt will be as close as your best chip” AP.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello from Niagara Falls, On

I've been kicking around on the site for the last few weeks following the Shot Scope V3 forum. That drew me further into this site and here I am.

I don't play out of a particular club, lots of nice tracks around,so we tend to bounce around. This year I seem to be playing alot out of Legends...good price😁. I usually play upwards of 10 rounds a year which means I'm usually low 90's with gusts into the 80's. Looking to get out more now that my boys have finished all their travel sports and the time is there now for me to play.

Driver: Taylormade M6 stiff stock shaft

3 Wood: Srixon Z F85 stiff Project X hzrdus

Hybrid: Srixon Z F85 stiff Project X hzrdus 19° & 22°

Irons: Srixon Z 545 5-6, 745 7-pw

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 588, 50,54,58

Putter: Taylormade Ardmore 3

My boys have picked up the game now so it's a good excuse to get out and spend some time with them. I like to do well but having a laugh is the most important thing for me

Cheers, Mark

• 2 months later...

Hello all.

Just wanted to drop in and say hello.

I'm from Northern Ontario in the city of North Bay.

Have some nice courses up here to play. Not too expensive

Looking forward to reading articles and learning from this amazing community. Maybe some testing if chosen down the road.

Thanks for having me be a part of the community.

Edited by JerBooth
Update

Driver - :callaway-small: Mavrik w/ Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 60X

3-Wood - :taylormade-small: RocketBallz 3 HL

Hybrid - :callaway-small: Apex 2 w/ Kuro Kage 65g Stiff

Irons - :callaway-small: Steelhead XR's w/ KBS Tour-V 90 - 5-PW, AW - Stiff

Wedges - Kirkland Signature 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter -   default_taylormade-small.jpg.f51b0863b47c9f7d3e2ffc3583a5d3da.jpg  Spider S #1 Platinum/White

Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet Midsize

Ball - Srixon Z-star.....Q-Star in Spring and Fall

Jeremy Booth

Swing easy.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I'm Steve from Selwyn, Ontario (outside of Peterborough).

I've been trying to play golf for about 15 years. Better than I was 15 years ago, I'll leave it at that.

Updated my clubs over the winter (well, updated for me).

Bag:
Lynx USA 3W and 5W

Wilson K-28 irons, 3, 5-PW

Wedge: Wilson Harmonized 55 degree SW

Putter: Slotline bullseye-style

Edited by Big Baffy

Campbell Tour Grade driver

Honma Big Baffy 4 wood

Wilson K-28 irons 3, 5-PW

Wilson Harmonized SW, 55-degree

Slotline bullseye-style putter

• 3 months later...

Hi,

My name is Brad from Victoria, BC. I am a member of Highland Pacific Golf Course. My cap is 9.4 and I am 58 years old. I play all year round.

WITB: Driver - Taylormade M6 10.5 right hand, regular flex (new)

FW - 3W Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 

Irons - Taylormade RBladeZ 3 thru A-Wedge.

Putter-Ping Anser

Thanks

Welcome to the neighborhood

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Hey all!

I'm Keith from Cambridge, ON!

Just became a member at Galt Golf and Country Club for this year! Super pumped to be part of a club for the first time!

I've played all around South-western Ontario though, some of the best golf out there when we get to play. Can't wait for Spring!

What's in my :1590477705_SunMountain: C130:

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 9 degree w/ Diamana TB Series 60 S SST Pured 

Fairway: :cobra-small:  King Radspeed 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue 70 S

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TSi2 21/24 degree w/ Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90 S

Irons: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Pro 4-AW w/ Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 105 S and custom BB & F Co. Ferrules SST Pured

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54.10S and 58.08M Jet Black w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200 and custom BB & F Co. Ferrules SST Pured

Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER2 w/ Stability Tour Black Limited Edition Shaft

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

• 2 weeks later...

Hello from Richmond Hill, ON!

1. I first played golf as a teenager growing up in SW Ontario. I got my handicap down to around 10 when I was about 16 or 17. I only played once or twice a year from my 20s to age 50, but I am now playing regularly again. At the moment, I only break 100 some of the time, but my goal is to shoot in the 80s regularly by the end of 2021.
  2. I love the challenge of choosing the right club and the right shot to get from tee to green in the fewest number of strokes!
  3. Club reviews brought me to MGS. I recently purchased a used Tommy Armour Atomic driver based on the review of the best drivers of 2019. Once winter and/or lockdown are over, I’m excited to try it out on the range and course.
  4. I live north of Toronto and have been playing local courses including Rolling Hills, Bloomington Downs, and Remington Parkview.
  5. The best thing is the number of courses nearby. The worst things are the high green fees and the short golf season (usually April to October at best).
  6. I am a middle-school science teacher.
  7. I acquired the nickname Big Dog a long time ago, and use it online when appropriate.

I’m looking forward to meeting some new people who share my interest in golf and golf equipment through this forum.

Edited by BigDogCanada

WITB 2022:

• Tommy Armour Atomic Driver (9°)
  • Callaway Edge (Costco) 3-wood, 5-hybrid, 6i-PW
  • Maxfli Blue Max 5-wood (19°)
  • Cobra Fly-Z 3/4 hybrid (21.5°)
  • Cleveland 588 RTX 50° gap wedge
  • Cleveland CBX 56° sand wedge
  • Adams Tom Watson RC14 60° lob wedge
  • Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter

On 8/14/2018 at 1:03 AM, TravisClarke said:

Wanted to introduce myself to the group.

Travis Clarke

Playing out of St Charles Country Club in Winnipeg, MB - Canada

Index - 5.7

Righty

Titleist 913D2 - Driver, 3 wood, and Hybrid - Golf Pride MCC grips (Red/Black)

Titleist 714 AP2 - 4 - Gap - Winn Dri-Tac Std (Red/Black)

Cleveland CG15 SW and Lob - Winn Dri-Tac Std (Red/Black)

Scotty Cameron California Fastback with Superstroke 2.0 - Left hand low

Fav Players - Rory Mcilroy (1st son named Rory), and Tiger Woods

I really enjoy this site and all the great content.

welcome sir 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey All:

New member hailing from Oakville, ON. 

Just started playing June last year, so I'm the classic COVID golfer. I joined a nearby club for this year and I'm trying to get in as many rounds as possible. 

Finished last year at a 43 hcp and I'm down to a 29 currently, having broken 100 for the first time (shooting 90) recently. I'm hitting my irons well, so now it's my tee shots and penalties letting me down.

My current bag is a mishmash of clubs as I upgrade with used deals:

• Driver  - 2016 M1 430 w/ Kuro Kage TiNi 60 Stiff (still working on hitting this well)
  • 3W - 2016 M1 w/ Kuro Kage TiNi Stiff 
  • 3h - Ping G 19deg w/ Alta 70 stiff (recent addition to have a fairway finder)
  • 4h, 5h - Callaway Strata
  • 6i-PW - Callaway Strata
  • GW, SW, LW - Kirkland Wedges (a recent change from Wilson Harmonized wedges)
  • Putter - Wilson Infinite Bean 34"

Driver: 2016 M1 230

3W: Sim2 Ti

3H: Ping G 19deg

4-PW: Callaway Strata

52, 56, 60: Kirkland

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1

• 1 month later...

Didn’t realize that there was a Canadian thread. MGS has been great.

I play out of Calgary and the season is sadly ending soon. 

It’s really too bad, since the conditions are still great out here, but it’s getting colder with some recent frost delays.

We have lucked out with weather generally in Southern Alberta this year.  Not too much smoke from BC either. 

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

• 7 months later...

Good day everyone. My name is Brian and I am from Grande Prairie, Alberta. I am 54 and currently holding a 7.5 index through finally getting smart and taking my first lesson and getting fit for my clubs. I am about as brand agnostic as it gets but i seem to consistently end up with TaylorMade drivers. Currently gaming new Stealth drivers, Ping G410 hybrids, Callaway '19 Apex Pro irons, Mizuno wedges and a Scotty Newport 3 putter.

I don't get out as much as I like but usually manage close to 50 rounds a year with our short season and try to sneak away to Phoenix or Maui once a year for a little winter golf to help get me through my withdrawals.

Currently looking at turning my side of the garage into an indoor hitting bay and picking up a GC Quad to help me keep grooving a swing in the off season.

Well that is it. I have been lurking here for too long and decided to be a bit more active as I have come to use this site as a source of unbiased information that I respect. Cheers to all. 🍻

I am brand agnostic. If it is in my bag it is because it works for me...

• 2 months later...

Hello from British Columbia

Brian..playing member of the Salmon Arm Golf Club. 
I usually play about 90 rounds during the summer..mostly in the BC interior…a few games in and around Calgary, Alberta

i winter in Lake Havasu City, AZ…where I will usually play another 50 rounds over the winter months…in Lake Havasu and Bullhead City.

1. How long have you been playing golf? I have been playing for about 55 years

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? HDCP index currently 9.3..have been as low as 6.2

3. What do you love about golf? Playing in tournaments..playing competitively…playing with buddies

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I like reading the reviews and the opinions of other members. Do you already know any other Spies? Not currently

5. Where are you from? Calgary, Alberta, Canada What is your home course? Salmon Arm GC

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best things are course conditions and weather. Worst day of golf is better than my best day at work😂

7. What do you do for a living? Retired Meteorologist

8. How’d you pick your user name? A big BMW fan..3 cars in the stable.

Drive for show..putt for dough

Hey everyone,

I'm from Edmonton, Alberta.  Been playing golf very casually for most of my life, until my clubs were stolen.  Spent a few years not playing at all after that, finally picked the game back up last year, and am now playing weekly and making a concerted effort to improve my scores.  I don't really have a home course, but with the short Canadian season, and so many public courses around Edmonton, I never really felt a need to.

Since getting back into the sport, I've checked out MyGolfSpy frequently for gear reviews and news, and I'm looking forward to getting more involved in this community.

If anyone in the Edmonton area is looking for a round, let me know.

Cheers!

Driver: :callaway-small:Rogue ST Max LS 9*

Woods/Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Epic Max 3 wood, :ping-small: G425 7 wood, :ping-small: G425 4 hybrid

Irons:  :mizuno-small: 921 Hot Metal 5-Pw

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50, 54, CBX full face 60, :ping-small: ChipR

Putter:  :taylormade-small: Spider EX

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Irene_Jones said:

Hi there! I`m new

On 8/31/2022 at 11:55 PM, scornfulturban said:

Hello and welcome! I'm new here too

Hi there!  Canada is really big.  Maybe a little more information about you and your location would help us understand more about your game.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

23 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Hi there!  Canada is really big.  Maybe a little more information about you and your location would help us understand more about your game.

But.......Everyone in Canada knows that friend Bob in Vancouver, or Steve in Toronto 😆

Chiller Cart Bag

:taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 9° - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: Sim Max Rocket 3wd 14° - HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Max Rescue 4H 22° - Ventus Blue 7S

:cobra-small: King Forged Tec 2020 - 5 thru PW - Dynamic Gold S400

:cleveland-small: CBX 2 54° Wedge

:cleveland-small: Smart Sole 3 Sand Wedge 58°

Bat Attack Battle Ready Putter 34"

:Arccos: Tracking

9 hours ago, Keeper905 said:

But.......Everyone in Canada knows that friend Bob in Vancouver, or Steve in Toronto 😆

But... but... when I was in Alberta, I asked around and they didn't know Jack.  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First post here, figured I'd find those who are starting to go through withdrawl with winter setting in.

I'm in the Ottawa, Ontario area and don't belong to any clubs.  I play casually around the area, so lots of different courses.

My WITB is in my signature but I'm hoping to replace my irons with Takomo 101Ts, and potentially buy some new wedges for next year, too.  The rest of what's in there are good.  My Nicklaus AirMax woods are pretty old but they're some of my favourite clubs in the bag, and perform great, so they'll be staying.  The LTDx LS was new part-way into this past season, and I absolutely love it.

I try to play at the local simulators throughout the winter months as much as I can.

Cobra LTDx LS, Nicklaus AirMax woods, knock-off DCI irons, Adams wedges, Odyssey blade putter