TESTERS WANTED! ×

The "Bogey" Golfers Guide to Course Strategy/Management

To quote Herm Edwards...

14 clubs, 10 clubs, 2 clubs.  Whatever it takes "to win the game."  You can call it artificial if you want, but if by your own admission you played better with 3 clubs then you did with 14, don't you think there is a problem there?  (See my previous post for the answer)

I love Herm Edwards; great coach! 

I am not saying it doesn't matter.  If I wanted to break 90 for the first time, I would do whatever it takes to do so.  Then I can tell myself that I've done it; I can do it again.  Maybe I'm not like everyone else, but I want to build the skill to do it with the 14 clubs I brought with me.  I want options.  Maybe I can't flop a 60º wedge to a tight pin now, so I'll bump and run a 9i and take a two putt.  It's a good strategy, but I know I will need that flop shot again some day, so I will practice that shot.  

I heard a great piece of advice the other day.

"If you can't change your circumstances, change your perspective."   

It's applicable to all aspects of life, and it's something golfers rarely do. 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The one up strategy for me depends on the Pin location and the 'danger zone' around the pin. For instance if the pin is in back - meaning I have a lot of green to work with I'll go with the iron for that distance. On the other hand is the pin is in front and there are bunkers surrounding the front of the green - which in our case is pretty common, I'm going with a longer club. Note: I'd rather have a longer putt than trying to get out of bunkers.

Sounds to me as if .. in general, specific cases aside .. you're playing to the middle of the green? Which - as has been mentioned - is generally a good strategy ... especially for us (myself included!) Bogey (+) golfers.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Oh, I'd also suggest put the rangefinder away. Use a GPS to give you middle of the green and play to that. Except....*

In combination with playing to the middle - learn your consistent and average iron distances. Club up - or down - as your lie, approach angle, elevation change, intervening hazards, wind, contouring of the green, etc etc etc dictate.

* Also get an idea of your dispersion pattern - it's not circular like the pros but more oval; tilted to what I understand is a common dispersion for right-handed amateurs .. myself included .. as long-left to short-right. Try to visualize that dispersion pattern overlaid on the green ... eg. try to aim to put the center of your oval over the middle of the green.

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

I agree. But of course it depends on the bogey golfer. A bogey golfer could be a good ball striker, but suck at the short game.

The problem with single digit players (myself included) giving recommendations to bogey golfers is that many times what seems easy, is not easy for someone with less skill. It's all well-intentioned, but is it very helpful?

This thread was started by a higher handicap player, but we have not heard much from bogey+ players. I would like to get some feedback from these players on what they have tried, what worked, what issues they have. Is that the intent of this thread?

Yes, I believe that's part of it. I .. a decidedly bogey+ golfer working to improve .. have the technical skills to score well, but .. one of my personal biggest hurdles out on the course is patience and focus. Don't know if those things can be taught vs acquired over years of golfing experience. And unfortunately I picked up the game way too late in life!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Oh, I'd also suggest put the rangefinder away. Use a GPS to give you middle of the green and play to that. Except....*

In combination with playing to the middle - learn your consistent and average iron distances. Club up - or down - as your lie, approach angle, elevation change, intervening hazards, wind, contouring of the green, etc etc etc dictate.

* Also get an idea of your dispersion pattern - it's not circular like the pros but more oval; tilted to what I understand is a common dispersion for right-handed amateurs .. myself included .. as long-left to short-right. Try to visualize that dispersion pattern overlaid on the green ... eg. try to aim to put the center of your oval over the middle of the green.

First two points are spot on. I see so many people get the reading to the flag not care about how far front, middle, or back are and pull out the club that hits that number and then fire away. Turd in tinthe second point they may come up short because they were using the one time they hit that club that distance and ignore the 10 times they didn't. Or they land pin high and it rolls out well past the flag because they don't have a ball flight that holds the green.

For the second point also the location of the flag doesn't come into play and that a different shot is probably needed for a middle or back pin compared to a front location

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Here's a page from a bogey golfer who decided to improve his game and made a plan to do it....

http://www.chrisyates.org/golf-how-to-break-90-bogey-golf-in-30-days.html

A bunch of common-sense tips that have mostly already been covered in this thread, but still an interesting read.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

"Course Management" has been mentioned several times, but...... How does a bogey golfer actually learn it?

Experience, of course, and being "mindful" on the course while playing and noting and learning (err, ummm .. TRYING to learn....) from your mistakes. Playing lessons can also be very valuable.

Certainly there are any number of online resources; one I've found I think is pretty good is a 10 part series on Plugged In Golf...

https://pluggedingolf.com/course-management-basics-part-1/

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

This is the 37th post in this thread, there is a lot of information here, the majority of it being good. However if I was reading this as a golfer it would be way to much to decipher and implement. Part of the problem is the amount of information, the internet is the golfers best friend and worst enemy at the same time. IMO a bogey golfer should focus on one thing and one thing only. Golf is all about eliminating variables. Bogey golfers have more variables than a scratch golfer, whether that is swing, course management or anything else that comes into play. I didn't learn the game in the "traditional' fashion, so it is difficult for me to explain how I am not a bogey golfer. However in teaching my son the game (12 yo) the focus was starting at 100 yards and in and has now moved to 150 in. That is it. I also eliminated variables for him. If he hit it in the bunker, he would take it out and drop behind the bunker for example. It keeps it fun for him and allows him to play shots that factor in the majority of scoring. I guess my point in this ramble is to focus on one thing and one thing only. Once you are comfortable move on to the next thing. I would start from 100 yards in and move from there. I firmly believe that the game of golf should be taught backwards from green to tee. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Try to play with golfers better than you and watch them get around the course. Ask questions

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Here's a page from a bogey golfer who decided to improve his game and made a plan to do it....

http://www.chrisyates.org/golf-how-to-break-90-bogey-golf-in-30-days.html

A bunch of common-sense tips that have mostly already been covered in this thread, but still an interesting read.

It's an ambitious plan, but it would make all the difference to a bogey+ golfer if they followed it.  I just wonder how many people would.  I'm retired, so I can do this.  I don't do all of it, but I have come close in the past.  The more I work on those shots the better I play... no doubt about it!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

"Course Management" has been mentioned several times, but...... How does a bogey golfer actually learn it?

Experience, of course, and being "mindful" on the course while playing and noting and learning (err, ummm .. TRYING to learn....) from your mistakes. Playing lessons can also be very valuable.

Certainly there are any number of online resources; one I've found I think is pretty good is a 10 part series on Plugged In Golf...

https://pluggedingolf.com/course-management-basics-part-1/

Matt Saternus, formally GolfSpy Matt, was a member here when I joined.  He always had good info and seems to have done well with pluggedingolf.com

This is the 37th post in this thread, there is a lot of information here, the majority of it being good. However if I was reading this as a golfer it would be way to much to decipher and implement. Part of the problem is the amount of information, the internet is the golfers best friend and worst enemy at the same time. IMO a bogey golfer should focus on one thing and one thing only. Golf is all about eliminating variables. Bogey golfers have more variables than a scratch golfer, whether that is swing, course management or anything else that comes into play. I didn't learn the game in the "traditional' fashion, so it is difficult for me to explain how I am not a bogey golfer. However in teaching my son the game (12 yo) the focus was starting at 100 yards and in and has now moved to 150 in. That is it. I also eliminated variables for him. If he hit it in the bunker, he would take it out and drop behind the bunker for example. It keeps it fun for him and allows him to play shots that factor in the majority of scoring. I guess my point in this ramble is to focus on one thing and one thing only. Once you are comfortable move on to the next thing. I would start from 100 yards in and move from there. I firmly believe that the game of golf should be taught backwards from green to tee.

There's a school of thought in golf instruction that follows this approach. Basically, no one should ever be a bogey golfer. They should start out close enough to the hole to always make 4, then start moving farther back to challenge themselves. There's a lot of merit to it.

My 10 year old daughter is a little peanut, she can hit a driver about 100 yards. So I try to start her at about 150 for a par 4 and 200 for a par 5. It's more fun for her.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

To be honest, I know all the things I have seen here and I do most of the things here. I think the more likely culprit, at least for me, is consistency. Which can only be improved by lots of practice. Most weekend players that shoot 95-105 just don't have time to practice too. For me I have to choose. Would I rather go hit 120 balls for 14 dollars or play 18 holes for 17 dollars (Twilight Walking weekend price). 

I would just rather get out and play a round even though in general I improve most when I've had a good bit of range time...It's just making the choice on how I'd rather spend the little golf time that I have. 

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

To be honest, I know all the things I have seen here and I do most of the things here. I think the more likely culprit, at least for me, is consistency. Which can only be improved by lots of practice. Most weekend players that shoot 95-105 just don't have time to practice too. For me I have to choose. Would I rather go hit 120 balls for 14 dollars or play 18 holes for 17 dollars (Twilight Walking weekend price). 

I would just rather get out and play a round even though in general I improve most when I've had a good bit of range time...It's just making the choice on how I'd rather spend the little golf time that I have. 

I'd add to this, instruction and practice are what most of us probably need.  You can practice without instruction and  groove your swing faults to increase consistency, but there's only so far we can go with that.  Swing faults and compensations will always be less consistent than better swing mechanics.

But I do agree, we all have to make compromises between living real life and dedicating time to golf.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I'd add to this, instruction and practice are what most of us probably need.  You can practice without instruction and  groove your swing faults to increase consistency, but there's only so far we can go with that.  Swing faults and compensations will always be less consistent than better swing mechanics.

But I do agree, we all have to make compromises between living real life and dedicating time to golf.

So true.  I spent years practicing my swing that had no chance of getting getting decent. I had too many poor mechanics to consistently produce a repeatable swing.  When I finally took lessons and started practicing swing drills that eliminated some of my faults, I scored better.  The initial drop in my index was from 24 to 16.  That didn't take long, but it took dedication.  Going lower has been tougher and still requires a lesson or two just to maintain a 9 index.  If I don't practice every week, I will quickly go up to 11.

When you're playing twilight, are you playing by yourself or with others? Is the course crowded? My favorite way to practice is out on the golf course late in the day.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

When you're playing twilight, are you playing by yourself or with others? Is the course crowded? My favorite way to practice is out on the golf course late in the day.

I try to get out by myself if I'm doing twilight. I walk for the workout and it gives me time to clear my head and think through things.

It's really random how crowded it's gonna be. This time it was crowded and It took 2 hours for 9. Last time I got through 18 in about 2.5 hours and the course was dead. You never know.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

This thread is GOLD! I've read every post and there certainly are some real gems here for me to consider. Thank you all!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

This thread is GOLD! I've read every post and there certainly are some real gems here for me to consider. Thank you all!

It's a great thread for everyone, not just bogey+ golfers!!

It's a great thread for everyone, not just bogey+ golfers!!

So very true indeed!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I try to get out by myself if I'm doing twilight. I walk for the workout and it gives me time to clear my head and think through things.

It's really random how crowded it's gonna be. This time it was crowded and It took 2 hours for 9. Last time I got through 18 in about 2.5 hours and the course was dead. You never know.

All part of rolling the dice for late day golf.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think course management comes down to knowing yourself and playing smart.  Know your miss and play it to your strength.  I also think golfers don't take enough time to read the scorecard and understand the hole.  Play your tee shot to the widest part of the fairway/green.  Sometimes hitting driver is not the best idea.  It's not necessarily course management but practice areas that you need improving most.  If you three putt multiple times around, don't blame the driver for a bad score.  Maybe the next range session the putter needs the work.  If you aren't improving, change your routine.  Think about the course different and restructure practice. 

:taylormade-small:  M1 9.5* (Project X HZRDUS Black)

:callaway-small:           XR 15* (Project X Blue) 

:callaway-small:           XR 22* (Project X Blue)

:callaway-small:           Steelhead XR (True Temper XP)

:taylormade-small:  R9 48*

:titelist-small:          Maltby Tour Grind MG 52* (KBS Tour)

:titelist-small:          Maltby Tour Grind MG 56* (KBS Tour)

:titelist-small:          Maltby Tour Grind MG 60* (KBS Tour)

:odyssey-small: Marxman Fang

:titelist-small:          PROV1X

6 hours ago, walkerracing23 said:

I think course management comes down to knowing yourself and playing smart.  Know your miss and play it to your strength.  I also think golfers don't take enough time to read the scorecard and understand the hole.  Play your tee shot to the widest part of the fairway/green.  Sometimes hitting driver is not the best idea.  It's not necessarily course management but practice areas that you need improving most.  If you three putt multiple times around, don't blame the driver for a bad score.  Maybe the next range session the putter needs the work.  If you aren't improving, change your routine.  Think about the course different and restructure practice. 

Do you watch Golf Sidekick on YouTube?  You sound just like a playa.

He's super-conservative on the golf course, but he loses his patience every once in a while, and I can identify with that.  He's gotten me back into thinking about where I want to miss if I'm going to miss, which helps a great deal.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Know the rules and how they can help you. 

On 8/17/2018 at 2:56 PM, THEZIPR23 said:

I would start from 100 yards in and move from there. I firmly believe that the game of golf should be taught backwards from green to tee

That seems like really sound advice, but how do you practically go about that? Focus on shorter distances at the range? Or play rounds starting off 150 out on the fairway? I'm just not sure I'd be able to stomach green fees if I feel like I'm missing out on half the holes.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

On 6/21/2019 at 10:16 AM, Will Shaw said:

Hi all,

I might be a little late to this 'topic party', but I put this together. Hopefully it is of use.

https://golfinsideruk.com/5-critical-steps-course-management/

All the best,

Will, PGA pro.

Fantastic article, thanks for sharing!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

All of the info provided by scratch players on stress-free golf and course management are all well and good for scratch players.  Bogey golfers can certainly learn to minimize risk better than some do.  

However, not all bogey golfers will opt to play a 2i instead of a driver.  I'm just guessing but I think the percentage of bogey golfers that carry a 2i is quite small.  For the bogey golfers that drive the ball fairly well, their play should be to get the ball in play as far down the fairway as possible.  Most likely, their issues will be getting the next shot on or close to the green and getting the ball into the hole from around the green.  Then there are the bogey golfers that struggle off the tee to find a fairway or don't hit the ball far enough to get on or near the green in regulation (even playing the correct tees).  These golfers will need to play smart second and third shots, become masters of recovery shots, and perfect their play inside 100 yards because they will be there a lot.

For both types of bogey golfers, I am describing myself 20 years ago.  Oh wait... that was me two weekends ago!!  As we all know, we have good rounds and bad rounds.  When I have a bad round, I miss fairways, chunk hybrids or thin iron shots.  I can do all those things, but if I'm pitching and putting well, I can turn a terrible round into a just OK round.  The short game can save you.  Of course, the goal is to eliminate all of those bad shots you took to get to the green, but while you are getting your swing issues worked out, spend an equivalent amount of time practicing getting the ball up and in.  It will quickly get you below bogey golf, and it will serve you well when your ball striking improves.

On 7/10/2019 at 9:45 AM, Kenny B said:

These golfers will need to play smart second and third shots, become masters of recovery shots, and perfect their play inside 100 yards because they will be there a lot.

:: raises hand::✋

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

On 7/10/2019 at 3:17 AM, ncwoz said:

That seems like really sound advice, but how do you practically go about that? Focus on shorter distances at the range? Or play rounds starting off 150 out on the fairway? I'm just not sure I'd be able to stomach green fees if I feel like I'm missing out on half the holes.

This is the tough part. Late evening rounds are the best. Course is quiet and you can hit multiple shots on holes. You can focus on direction and contact on range but unless you are using game balls distance on range is futile attempt. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."