Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Exclusive! - First Look At Tiger Woods’ New House

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

Exclusive!! - First Look At Tiger Woods' New Jupiter Island Home

Now that the Tiger Woods house is completed on Jupiter Island, we have a first glimpse of back yard and practice complex.

It appears he has one tee box in the southeast east corner to hit drivers. The entire area just west of the lap pool can be used to hit long, medium and short irons into any of the 4 greens. Each green is guarded by a single trap except the green in the northwest corner which appears to have 3 pot bunkers.

Tiger has enough open space to practice his short game from any angle, any wind condition, which really appears what this practice area is all about.

His putting green is totally surrounded by dense vegetation. One wonders if he is trying to block out the wind by doing this or if he is cutting off both sunlight and air circulation. He probably has a sub-air temperature/humidity control system beneath the green, otherwise it would be worthless in the heat of the summer, especially if the grass there is bent or some northern grass.

I'm curious as to what type of grass he planted both on the putting green and throughout his practice area. The denser Florida or tropical grasses react quite differently with the club head and ball, and Tiger may find he is switching grasses a number of times until he finds the right mix.

I would have thought he'd have 2 putting greens, each with different grasses.

Another curious thing I found is the placement of this particular Jupiter Island home so far back from the intracoastal. Usually, homeowners want to be very close to the water, but I believe Tiger wanted his practice area close to the water, so he reversed the norm, creating another unique signature estate among the Juptier Island homes.

via: http://www.jeffrealty.com

1-tigers-jupiter-home-1.jpg

1-tigers-jupiter-home-2.jpg

#TruthDigest

Oh the fun one can have when money is no object. The house itself looks a bit like a Monopoly hotel with the roof like that.

A house that large is only good for entertaining. The size also dictates a lot of maintenance cost. Not necessarily fun for a bachelor to rattle around in.

Shambles

A house that large is only good for entertaining. The size also dictates a lot of maintenance cost. Not necessarily fun for a bachelor to rattle around in.

Shambles

He built it while he was still married, I'm pretty sure.

Shambles, when was the last time you personally "rattled" around in a home that's similar to Tiger's home or any home that size for that matter to know that it's not fun? Personally I'll take a stab at living in a house like that, with maids ,butlers and cleaning personnel. Seriously the only maitanence is cleaning and landscaping. "IT's BRAND NEW" I believe most of his time will be outside anyway practicing and keeping in shape! Well except for those ocassional "Party Night" LOL do you seriously think he's the only multi millionare with a oversized home? Also as jamo said this house didn't get built since the divorce this was probably being built for last 2 years minimum. It takes time to come up with design layouts, blueprints,permits , bidding out contracts. Atleast a few years in the making. Don't think this was thought to be a bachelor pad at first. But it's built and it's his for now.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

from blogs I read about this property last year, it was basically designed with a Swedish influence by Elin while they were still married. I wonder how much time Tiger will spend here.

I think Elin's input won't be an issue for Tiger. I doubt he has strong negative feelings towards her. If anything, I suspect most of his feelings that he acknowledges regarding her are guilt based. I think he will live like royalty there and I'm sure he has a staff to tend to all the maintenance so his time spent there is purely relaxation and comfort.

Forget the house, you give me that back yard

with a double-wide parked in front and I'm happy.

Adams 9064LS 10.5 R.I.P. Reg. gold eye

Cleveland DST 3 wood (17) Redboard Reg.

Clevelamd DST 7 wood Redboard Reg.

Mizuno MP 52 4-PW Nippon Pro 950 R + 1/2"

Scratch 53* DS

Scratch 60* SS

Cleveland Classic 2 Putter 35

Ping Anser Putter

Scotty Studio Select Newport ( for trade )

Kinda looking for some Srixon 701 Tour heads

Addias Stand bag

Ping USA Staff bag

Srixon TriSpeed Tour & Titleist Pro V1X & Srixon Z Star X

Shambles, when was the last time you personally "rattled" around in a home that's similar to Tiger's home or any home that size for that matter to know that it's not fun? Personally I'll take a stab at living in a house like that, with maids ,butlers and cleaning personnel. Seriously the only maitanence is cleaning and landscaping. "IT's BRAND NEW" I believe most of his time will be outside anyway practicing and keeping in shape! Well except for those ocassional "Party Night" LOL do you seriously think he's the only multi millionare with a oversized home? Also as jamo said this house didn't get built since the divorce this was probably being built for last 2 years minimum. It takes time to come up with design layouts, blueprints,permits , bidding out contracts. Atleast a few years in the making. Don't think this was thought to be a bachelor pad at first. But it's built and it's his for now.

It doesn't take a large house to rattle around in, just an empty house, even as small as a 2 bedroom apartment. Servents don't help much with an empty house either. They become the invisible people who keep things clean and tidy but have a life very separate from your own. I suspect that might be the reason that some comfortable people need to continue working regardless that they don't need the income and have more than enough to buy just about anything they feel a need for. Work and family has a way of making life more interesting.

Shambles

• 3 weeks later...

Archived