2 Weeks Remaining: MODERATOR WANTED Join the MyGolfSpy Staff! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
hckymeyer

It's just not fair - 3 hole in one's in the same day

Saw this over on golf.com today and figured I'd share.

I've been golfing 30+ years and consider myself somewhat decent.  I've never had a hole in one.  I've come close a couple times but that's it.  

Then there is Ali Gibb.  She's an English golfer who got not one, or two, but THREE hole in one's on the same day, and in her club championship to boot!  Check it out below.

https://www.golf.com/uncategorized/2018/08/17/english-golfer-makes-three-holes-in-one/

Via golf.com:

For those of you who have made a hole-in-one, congrats. For those of you who haven't, this story might sting a little. An English golfer made not one, not two, but three holes-in-one on the same day this week.

Ali Gibb is the lucky lady, a 51-year-old from London, who accomplished the feat at Croham Hurst GC, just south of London. Gibb was competing in the Ladies Club Championship, a 36-hole competition, when she aced the 5th hole of her day. Hours later, she would ace the 135-yard hole again, and a short while after that, she added another hole-in-one on the 11th. We would like to apologize to anyone who hasn't made an ace yet; this isn't fair.

• Like 7

A player like myself can make a fluke hole-in-one.

A player who makes three in one round, however, can't possibly be a player like myself.

The lady has to have serious game.

• Like 3

This is just amazing -

Thanks for posting about it.

I haven't even see a hole in one ( in real life not TV) let alone have one or more.

Never had a hole in one. Many close calls, but no cigar... Yet.

I don't know how this is possible.

How long were the holes?

Were the par 3's just chip shots.

It isn't fair!!!  :(

Have 2, 20 years apart.

Scared the flagstick many of times, inches on several occasions.

3 in a day... that's just insane.

There was an older gentleman in our men's group ~15 years ago - 80 years old, played to a 36 handicap and hit it ~150 yards off the tee.

One afternoon, he gets his first hole in one on #13 - 125 yard 5-wood that was reportedly on the ground the last 75 yards. Next day he does the same thing with the same club on #8 - 120 yards. They weren't in the same day but he only played 12 holes in between his first and second ace.

It's a crazy game...

• Like 2

This is just amazing -

Thanks for posting about it.

It's more than amazing, it is a statistical absurdity.  We're talking 1 in the billions odds here.  :o

It's more than amazing, it is a statistical absurdity.  We're talking 1 in the billions odds here.  :o

She must have made a deal with the devil.   :D

• Like 1

That is amazing. She danm well better have won the tournament.

I think you can tell by my incredulity that I have never had an ace. Scared the hole many times but luck just isn't on my side.

• Like 1

I think you can tell by my incredulity that I have never had an ace. Scared the hole many times but luck just isn't on my side.

OK, I have to do this... please forgive me.   :lol:

"Gloom, despair and agony on me

Deep dark depression, excessive misery

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

Gloom, despair and agony on me."

• Like 2

yes she did.

40+ years playing this game and I'm also 0-fer in the hole-in-one department.

Now I have holed out from the fairway for eagle on five separate occassions, but par threes remain elusive to my golf game.

Watching Rory McIlroy have a hole in one at #16 at the Masters in the Monday practice round in 2016 is my only hole in one I've witnessed in person. Having 10,000 people witness it with you and go absolutely bananas is one highlight in life I will never forget.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1