TESTERS WANTED! ×

Benefits of joining a Private Club

Big money

Until Moe passed, the other three guys in my regular, non-league foursome were a mortician / bookmaker (Digger), a pipe fitter (nickname not for this forum), and a sub shop owner (Moe).   Pipe fitter was low handicap. 

Again, this was a private club.

Now i can imagine exactly what Augusta National is like.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah lucky for me my club is a bunch of drunks that like to golf and gamble. My kind of people. But the club down the street that I tried seemed a little to uppity for me. I think anyone on this forum would really like my club.

Good comments. It may look great on the outside. But once you experience a club, it might not be a good fit for you. Another buddy of mine was a train conductor and very financially sound. Just because of his blue collar background. He had a heck of a time getting in a group at the country club he belonged with. And if financial background or job status at a club doesn't matter . Than you are joking yourself. These places can be extremely cliquey. Paying member dues is only half the battle . And this can be smaller clubs all the way big high dollar facilities

Yeah, there is one club in my town that is 30K+ a year to join. There are some of the nicest people you will ever meet there. They are great people who would give you the shirt off their back.

Conversely the one club in a tiny town of 5,000 with 2K member dues. This is one of the most pretentious clubs you will ever be in. It is open to the public but the owner and members treats outsiders like garbage. They feel like there club is Augusta. I played there once and never went back.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

The biggest benefit is a less crowded course. We've recently joined a private club and there is much less play than on a public course so rounds are much quicker for me. Plus, we live right next to the course so the convenience is a big plus for me and my family. We can take the cart up to the pool, the gym, or the range.

Now, there is a fair amount of riff-raft at public courses that make a round less enjoyable, but at the same time there are plenty of narcissistic blowhards at private courses that don't fix ball marks, sand divots, and are generally a-holes that I don't want to play with either.

I've seen kids at our club pool, probably the kids of the guys mentioned above, leave their garbage and towels strewn all over the place because they expect the staff to clean up after them. I told my kids that if they ever do that they are finished at the club. You clean up after yourself and you treat the club and the staff with respect.

Well said, availibility and pace of play are a plus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

Well, I'm not a country club type of person but if I was I would probably join Bayou (then I'd have to more to Florida, bummer!) because I've played there with Rev and it's a nice course.

As far as the 'riff raff" comment, pull your head out of your arse. I guarantee there are more honest, hardworking and upstanding individuals hacking around a muni or public course than at the majority of country clubs.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Over my professional life, I have been a member of three private clubs.  In each case, the memberships were company perks, I just had to pay income tax on the cost of membership and other non business charges.    When the wife asked, how was work, did you play golf today, I would answer, yes we had a business meeting where the walls don't have ears.   Whenever, someone came to sell us a product or service, at some point we would ask-do you play golf and if so where.   My wife's niece recently graduated with a business degree and she asked me for some professional advice.   I told her to learn to play golf, more deals are formulated at the 19th hole over most board rooms.  

Frankly, if my memberships had not been business related, I most likely would not have been a member of a private club.   If one is considering membership at a private club, I see two significant considerations.  One, its a good idea to really like the course,  because if you are paying for the membership, that is probably where you will play most of your golf.   Two, private clubs tend to have a personality.  Make sure that its personality fits with yours.   

Ehhhh I don't agree with that Mattf. I would say there are some definitely not more

Fair enough.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

It's a great way of keeping ‘rift raft' out.My parents raised me in a private golf setting.And I do all I can avoiding public golf atmospheres.Many public and municipal courses are closing their doors.And the private clubs are really striving.Which gives many the impression that golf is turning elitist again.That is fine by me, all this complaining about golf being over priced is driving me nuts.If you can't afford it, than don't blame others.Blame yourself

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

You're the epitome of why most country club golfers are jacka55es. I'll play you for your membership anytime douchebag.

I think we all understand where you're coming from, Goinlow, but maybe it was just another alcohol-induced post.

I don't think that you believe that MOST country club golfers are jackasses.

And none of us would deny that an unfortunate number of them are.

Lucky for me and my reputation with you, i belong to a "Golf and Racquet Club." no "country" in the title, so I have to earn my jackass stripes some other way.  And if you've followed my posts, you may very well conclude that I have!

I routinely play as a guest at two very exclusive private clubs here in Hawaii. One of these clubs has a $50,000 initial fee. I come from very modest means and as an enlisted Soldier definitely don't belong financially in this group. Still, I am welcomed with open arms by some incredibly nice people. You see just because you have money doesn't make you a jerk. Believe me jerks come from all social groups.

From a fiscal means and or responsibility standpoint one could argue the amount of money you spend on pay for play green fees annually would come very close to a membership in a private club. Of course variables like weather and location could have a significant effect on that financial balance.

I play approximately 60 rounds of golf a year. In Hawaii the average green fee is around $65. That means I spend close to $4000 a year on pay for play greens fees. Although I've never joined a club I have seen numerous clubs with membership fees far less than $4000 a year.

I'm with everyone else in regard to signing a contract or obligation without testing the waters first. 90 trial period is the way to go.

Benefits for joining a private club?

1. Normally but not always the golf course is in better condition and is more challenging.

2. Ease of play for over crowding is not normally a problem.

3. Hackers like what you see on Caddy Shake are few and far between. People are usually very nice and courteous.

4. Access to showers and lockers

5. Broaden your perspective through developing relationships with people of different socioeconomic backgrounds.

Drawbacks

1. Can be expensive

2. Locked in on the same course all the time.

3. Might not have shared values and beliefs with other members.

4. Rigid financial agreement.

5. Dress code and code of conduct closely monitored. This is a benefit in my book but I can see where others might like a more free willing environment.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I routinely play as a guest at two very exclusive private clubs here in Hawaii. One of these clubs has a $50,000 initial fee. I come from very modest means and as an enlisted Soldier definitely don't belong financially in this group. Still, I am welcomed with open arms by some incredibly nice people. You see just because you have money doesn't make you a jerk. Believe me jerks come from all social groups.

From a fiscal means and or responsibility standpoint one could argue the amount of money you spend on pay for play green fees annually would come very close to a membership in a private club. Of course variables like weather and location could have a significant effect on that financial balance.

I play approximately 60 rounds of golf a year. In Hawaii the average green fee is around $65. That means I spend close to $4000 a year on pay for play greens fees. Although I've never joined a club I have seen numerous clubs with membership fees far less than $4000 a year.

I'm with everyone else in regard to signing a contract or obligation without testing the waters first. 90 trial period is the way to go.

Benefits for joining a private club?

1. Normally but not always the golf course is in better condition and is more challenging.

2. Ease of play for over crowding is not normally a problem.

3. Hackers like what you see on Caddy Shake are few and far between. People are usually very nice and courteous.

4. Access to showers and lockers

5. Broaden your perspective through developing relationships with people of different socioeconomic backgrounds.

Drawbacks

1. Can be expensive

2. Locked in on the same course all the time.

3. Might not have shared values and beliefs with other members.

4. Rigid financial agreement.

5. Dress code and code of conduct closely monitored. This is a benefit in my book but I can see where others might like a more free willing environment.

Your pluses and minuses are well stated . And thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

This entire post reminds me of why I left the golf business.

People asking questions they already know the answers to, bad information and self-aggrandizement.

I think this horse is dead.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

People asking questions they already know the answers to, bad information and self-aggrandizement.

That's a big word. I had to look it up. Now I'm insulted lmao

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

That's a big word. I had to look it up. Now I'm insulted lmao

I still love everyone here.

This one just brought back a memory.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Heck no, it's not dead it's just trying to get a better read on the green. 

I think those three things, and more, are going to pop up in any hobby or recreational sport. More so when there are price tags people feel they can flaunt. As any population increases so does the number of people we find annoying or aggravating. To me the problem boils down to people denying each other respect over a difference of opinion or preference. 

It's why I stopped playing a few other sports in my area. When you have 40 year old men throwing tantrums about their $XXX modified bat not being legal and starting fist fights over a close out at 2nd base in co-ed beer league softball, it's time to find a better way to spend your Sunday nights. 

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

I'm not sure how to respond to that..... so I'll just walk away from this one.

Well stated S&B. Not worth the breath.

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Well I'll just ignore the snob comment from the private club only expert.

A private club for me is an experiment in social activities. I join a private club for the friendships you gain from seeing the same people all the time, most with the same vested interest in raising the positive spirits of those around me who are also members. Having a regular group of friends to tee it up with on a Saturday morning, for example is just a small part of the benefit of being a part of a private club. There are dinners, and events, and tournaments, holidays, parties, etc.

I've never been a member of a private club, but some of my fondest memories in golf were from the two years in a row where I played in my Dad's member-guest at his club. You spend 3 days playing the same group of guys, and golf is not really the most important part of the experience. And then when I would come back another time to play at the club I would have a dozen or more people I would run into that I had played golf with and we would pick up where we left off.

I've played all kinds of golf with all kinds of people in all sorts of clubs. When you join a private club, you are joining a group of people. And not to make this religious, but it's very similar to joining a church. Your choice in clubs or churches is a very similar decision. If you can find a private club where you get along really well with the other members you'll have a great experience. If you join a club that is a snobatorium then your experience will probably be diminished, unless of course you are the snob.

There are three private clubs in this town, and I've spent a fair amount of time at several of them, and have played the third one a number of times. I'm considering joining the one by my house because I know a fair number of members of that club from my Tuesday golf league. They are great guys, and all are salt of the earth, generous and humble. The other two clubs have members that come across as cliquish and won't embrace new members very easily. This is an extremely important impression to me, because if I join a club and can't get involved in some sort of regular game, I'd rather not waste my time with that club.

With regards to the “riff raff” (certain) people seem to despise at public courses, guard your comments if you would. Consider that every person playing this game is in a different place in life and with their game. Not everyone can break 100 or even 90. We all play golf for different reasons. I just spent this weekend playing in a tournament at the local muni that I am a part of. I met 7 of the nicest people I've played golf with in a long time, ranging in age from 14 to 60+, both black and white as well. I gave lots of encouragement to the 14 and 16 year old that are already better than me, and commiserated with the older guys who know that our time of keeping up with these “young studs” is limited and we just enjoyed the ride. The score was secondary.

But this is what public golf should be about; people and relationships. How will you ever grow as a human being if you lock the gates of your private club and give the rest of the world the middle finger because you think you are too good to associate with the “riff raff”? If you keep that attitude long enough you'll be old and alone and in a nursing home, where you'll have to depend on the “riff raff” to change your bedpan.

you are the type of person I would love to get paired up with and enjoy a round of golf with. It would be an experience I would cherish.

And I have met many wonderful people while playing public courses. That is the beauty of it. Making a connection with a stranger and sharing a bond for a brief period of time while enjoying the game and then the game thereby becomes secondary.

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

I've been a member at both public and privates throughout my golf career.And even had a few seasons where I kept a membership active at both facilities at the same time.Anyway, enough ramble, one year I was invited to one of the more elite clubs invitationals at the area.And my home course at the time was a old beat up municipal that I just loved and always will.The Invitational was top notch.And on our carts was our name tags along with the name of the course as a visitor we are a member at. I was the only one on the event that had a public course on their name tag. And a old beat up $13 a round track at that.

So, the first day we were paired with the clubs most popular member.He owned several local car dealerships and businesses.And many summer ) winter homes and properties all throughout the country.The whole front nine of the 27 hole first day was this member just passive bragging about his businesses- beautiful model wife and family - and off course all his accomplishments on and off the course.He presented this whole speel on every tee or shot that we had too wait for because of slow play.He had it down too a science.Pictures on his phone and a million stories all about him.Mr perfect. When he asked where I played at and saw my course name tag his reveling in himself increased beyond douche status. It's almost like he saw fresh common folk meat and was going in for the kill

I decided too turn the tables on him.So the whole next nine i

Bombarded him with pics of my family - home - and beat up muni that I play daily.Then the real breaking point was when I told him I mow my own grass and showed him pics of my garden and handy work . He completely turned his demeanor into avoiding me at all costs. And at one point even told his partner to inform our group that he is here just too play golf and not socialize today. The ego maniac never even had enough courage too tell us this directly.He stormed off the course and forfeited after 18 and never finished the 27 first day event.Me and my buddy laughed about this for years after.You gotta fight fire with fire with some who look down on others.

Private clubs are great. But my true love is municipals

Keep it in the short stuff

I still love everyone here.

This one just brought back a memory.

No worries I understand where you are coming from and I'm sure you don't need my advice. You are obviously a smart guy. To many times on this forum folks tend to take it to a personal level rather than staying on topic. About 29, 000,000 people in American play golf. There are probably at least that many opinions about the sport/game/activity. I just encourage folks to stay away from stereotyping and personal attacks on others.

I've lived in 5 different countries and twice that number of states. There are really good people in every corner of the world. Conversely there are just as many bad folks. I don't believe country clubs or private clubs have cornered the market on jerks. Nor do I believe every muni is only frequented but hard working, honest and humble Americans. My view from the outside looking in at the country clubs may be tainted by the fact that every man wants to be me and every women wants to be with me lol (obviously joking) so I'm always treated like royalty (also not true). Lol.

I guess my point is we should all focus on where our feet are, the 12 square feet we directly control.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

No worries I understand where you are coming from and I'm sure you don't need my advice. You are obviously a smart guy. To many times on this forum folks tend to take it to a personal level rather than staying on topic. About 29, 000,000 people in American play golf. There are probably at least that many opinions about the sport/game/activity. I just encourage folks to stay away from stereotyping and personal attacks on others.

I've lived in 5 different countries and twice that number of states. There are really good people in every corner of the world. Conversely there are just as many bad folks. I don't believe country clubs or private clubs have cornered the market on jerks. Nor do I believe every muni is only frequented but hard working, honest and humble Americans. My view from the outside looking in at the country clubs may be tainted by the fact that every man wants to be me and every women wants to be with me lol (obviously joking) so I'm always treated like royalty (also not true). Lol.

I guess my point is we should all focus on where our feet are, the 12 square feet we directly control.

Spoken like a gentleman. I had a weak moment.

I appreciate your point of view and the stories you've shared so far. Have a great rest of the week.

-Steve

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

I've been a member at both public and privates throughout my golf career.And even had a few seasons where I kept a membership active at both facilities at the same time.Anyway, enough ramble, one year I was invited to one of the more elite clubs invitationals at the area.And my home course at the time was a old beat up municipal that I just loved and always will.The Invitational was top notch.And on our carts was our name tags along with the name of the course as a visitor we are a member at. I was the only one on the event that had a public course on their name tag. And a old beat up $13 a round track at that.

So, the first day we were paired with the clubs most popular member.He owned several local car dealerships and businesses.And many summer ) winter homes and properties all throughout the country.The whole front nine of the 27 hole first day was this member just passive bragging about his businesses- beautiful model wife and family - and off course all his accomplishments on and off the course.He presented this whole speel on every tee or shot that we had too wait for because of slow play.He had it down too a science.Pictures on his phone and a million stories all about him.Mr perfect. When he asked where I played at and saw my course name tag his reveling in himself increased beyond douche status. It's almost like he saw fresh common folk meat and was going in for the kill

I decided too turn the tables on him.So the whole next nine i

Bombarded him with pics of my family - home - and beat up muni that I play daily.Then the real breaking point was when I told him I mow my own grass and showed him pics of my garden and handy work . He completely turned his demeanor into avoiding me at all costs. And at one point even told his partner to inform our group that he is here just too play golf and not socialize today. The ego maniac never even had enough courage too tell us this directly.He stormed off the course and forfeited after 18 and never finished the 27 first day event.Me and my buddy laughed about this for years after.You gotta fight fire with fire with some who look down on others.

Private clubs are great. But my true love is municipals

Haha. That story is great. This guy sounds like a total a$$hat. That was a great way to handle it too. I like the well maintained aspect of the private club but I wouldn't take that over the friends I have made at the muni. Don't get me wrong, there can be jerks there too but it isn't the pretentiousness of some private clubs.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I should delete my above post. As that was just one UNique experience.All in all , any golf was fun for me.Ive met so many great people and the stories and laughs will be with me forever.The private clubs have stories that they can back up with facts and more financial status.Where the public courses had a few more Wise tales.No biggie, I've had so many great Memories and so so so many bad shots I can cherish

Keep it in the short stuff

I should delete my above post. As that was just one UNique experience.All in all , any golf was fun for me.Ive met so many great people and the stories and laughs will be with me forever.The private clubs have stories that they can back up with facts and more financial status.Where the public courses had a few more Wise tales.No biggie, I've had so many great Memories and so so so many bad shots I can cherish

Don't delete it.  I enjoyed reading it, and I think many other golfers will as well.  We all have interesting stories, and being able to read about them is what makes MGS such a great place for all of us.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I was going to take a picture of the locker room at Bayou but didn't want to stir the pot.

I will say the back range today was incredible - me and two eagles flying around for an hour and a half - I then played 2, 3, 8 and 9.

That's a benefit - no one cares if you play a few holes so long as you are t disputing anyone's round.

It's a great way to end a practice session.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I was going to take a picture of the locker room at Bayou but didn't want to stir the pot.

I will say the back range today was incredible - me and two eagles flying around for an hour and a half - I then played 2, 3, 8 and 9.

That's a benefit - no one cares if you play a few holes so long as you are t disputing anyone's round.

It's a great way to end a practice session.

I can do that at my muni on certain days and certain times.  For example, my wife and I play every Thursday and Friday after she closes up her business at 5pm.  We can't play Monday - Wednesday because of leagues.  After spending time in the practice area, we usually play the front nine, but can go off #10 if people on on #1, assuming no one is coming off #9.  When we play the front nine, #2 green is near the clubhouse, and we have headed back to #1 if we played the first 2 holes particularly poorly.  The same is true for holes #10 and #11.  We had our two warmup holes, let's begin!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived