Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Are You A Comment Deleter?

PlaidJacket

I've often wanted to posit this. So today is the day.

For me anyway there have been numerous times (once today already) I've typed out a comment/reply to some post or topic and then after doing such and re-reading before posting.... I delete it. I do this for various reasons. Here's how it goes... I've typed something in the comment box; then -  thought about it more - or lost interest in the topic - it's too long winded - it's useless blather - didn't like what I wrote - didn't like my tone - or perhaps maybe I found it therapeutic that I got it off my chest so no need to post. In others words I'm talking to myself. So I'll highlight the prepared comment; hit the back button on my keyboard and move on without posting. Don't get me wrong. It's not like when I do post something or comment (like right now) that I've decided it's profound or valuable. It's not. So how about you out there. Any other deleters in the Forum?

Damn... I almost did it again. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

(raises hand)

Yep, I delete some of the comments I think about sending.

Usually, it is because I was trying to be funny and might come off as a jerk or it might come off as a mean thing to say. (Believe me, if I have offended anyone, it was unintentional). Sometimes it is because things in that thread have gotten too heated and I don't want to get involved in it. Others, I just don't feel that it is productive. If I think it will only serve to clutter the forum, I try not to post it.

P.S. If you ever see me on a golf course, I talk to myself a LOT. Heck, I just talk to myself a lot anyway. I find it is a good way to think things through. You can make more sense than if you just think about it.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Many time have I done this. Sometimes it's my tone sometimes it's because I feel that my post isn't that important or that what I have to add isn't valuable to the topic. And then there is the times where I post something then go back and edit it fast because I'm a moron with grammar or the way I read it afterwards is not how I wanted it to come out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'm guilty of it lol

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Yes - I've certainly done this. I delete for all the reasons you've stated.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

(raises hand)

Yep, I delete some of the comments I think about sending.

Usually, it is because I was trying to be funny and might come off as a jerk or it might come off as a mean thing to say. (Believe me, if I have offended anyone, it was unintentional). Sometimes it is because things in that thread have gotten too heated and I don't want to get involved in it. Others, I just don't feel that it is productive. If I think it will only serve to clutter the forum, I try not to post it.

P.S. If you ever see me on a golf course, I talk to myself a LOT. Heck, I just talk to myself a lot anyway. I find it is a good way to think things through. You can make more sense than if you just think about it.

Similar here.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

No, I have permanent foot and mouth disease.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I'm definitely similar. There have been times I've written out a whole long reply then read over it and felt it either didn't add anything or was repative and then decided to erase it and follow along with reading the topic.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I do it - not that often but generally when I do it, it's to remind a poster about the moral codes of MGS. Shortly after I've deleted it I find a moderator has stepped in and done it for me.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I pretty much post in all the non golf threads. So not sure if my comments even matter in the big scope of things. But I do delete on Instagram and Facebook. Not that I'm embarrassed , just like to keep it organized for some reason. When I get a question answered on those social media outlets , I figure why keep it up. Delete , and try again when I'm confused or curious about a subject

(Adding) one poster on here told me this is a golf only forum. And my non golf posts would be more beneficial on Quora or Reddit. So if everyone wants me to leave. Than let me know. I have little golf knowledge too give since I haven't played all year

Keep it in the short stuff

Oh yeah, do it all the time.  Some may have felt their ears burning, only to suddenly feel them cool.  :)

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I probably should...

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I pretty much post in all the non golf threads. So not sure if my comments even matter in the big scope of things. But I do delete on Instagram and Facebook. Not that I'm embarrassed , just like to keep it organized for some reason. When I get a question answered on those social media outlets , I figure why keep it up. Delete , and try again when I'm confused or curious about a subject

(Adding) one poster on here told me this is a golf only forum. And my non golf posts would be more beneficial on Quora or Reddit. So if everyone wants me to leave. Than let me know. I have little golf knowledge too give since I haven't played all year

Don't leave i (we) value your input. Yeah this is a golfing forum but it's ok to bring up non golf stuff like our weight loss thread.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

*deleted*

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Guilty as charged........I have written letters, emails and texts over the years then walked away for a bit only to return and delete them. I guess this was just one way to deal with frustration without offending anyone.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I've done it pretty frequently. As I'm proof-reading, one of the questions I try to ask myself is whether what I'm about to say adds any value or contributes in any way. Sometimes the answer is no so I don't pull the trigger.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I do it occasionally.  Mostly it is on more "controversial" topics.  I'll type out a response and just think to myself that it isn't worth it. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

yup me too. Think we have a club here  B)

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I think we all do it, to some extent. We write something and then realize it's either going off the topic, or exacerbating an already bad situation. 

I've also gone back and edited comments to better reflect what I'm trying to say after I've hit the post button, too. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

This is why I asked Golfspy Rob to delete my "Time to Quit" thread. It was very important to me however I got a vibe that some were offended by it.  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Yep I do it all the time. Usually I'll type out a reply and then decide it's been said before so no point in repeating or I'll think it isn't important enough to post.

Driver: Ping G25 10.5*
Hybrid 3/4: NIke Vapor Fly 20.5, 22.5
Irons: 5 to A Wedge: Mizuno JPX 850 Forged

Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60* Vokey SM4
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 3 (2017)
Ball: Bridgestone RXS
Bag: Callaway

Yes, I do it occasionally.  However, it's the posts that I spend a lot of time writing; they are works of art; profound thoughts; that get accidentally deleted before they get posted that really upset me.  When I try to rewrite, it never sounds as good as the first attempt... then I delete it.

I have found that if I am writing a post that I know will be a little lengthy, I will write it in my Mac's Notes app.  If I hit the wrong button here, I can always copy and paste again.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived