TESTERS WANTED! ×

TrueGolfFit

GolfSpy MPR

I'd forgotten about this....

Very interesting and I'd like to try it even though I'm not in the market currently. $7 bucks is a no-brainier. Guess I'd better gather some specs.

Good job Adam!

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Well, I think I know what I want for Christmas..

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

I like the idea but the initial info it gathers is quite a broad spectrum, could this mean the same driver is recommended for everyone with a 'medium' SS, smooth transition and level AoA?

Are there plans to add more data options that are particular to each individual?

Definitely the way of the future though.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Interesting stuff. Love that they guarantee it...but it's only guaranteeing the price of the online fitting and not the actual club if you buy it. I don't know how many folks are buying off of the shelf without testing it first in a simulator or during a fitting. But I guess it has to be quite a bit... especially used off of eBay and such.

I'm curious to know how it works out for those that give it a go. I'm tempted to try it since I just had a Club Champion fitting and see how it compares to that for me... Especially since I feel like the shaft is so extremely important in the process.

Keep the reviews coming folks!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

This is absolutely incredible. Absolutely incredible.

Great job Adam and Tony.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Well done gents. Like I said in the comments on the story I wish I could play with a bit more. I have different swings for different situations and would like to see what the APP says then. Also I wish you could select a driver and see what your numbers would be then.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I got fit in May but we really only tinkered with the shaft. I hit a few different heads to verify the shaft was the best fit and one was the Ping G400. It was just as long as my gamer, '17 M2, but the dispersion was a noticeably better. 

I paid my $7 on True Golf Fit...it spit out the Ping G400 Max. 

Mind = blown. 

Also, it's just verification I need a new driver. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

I think this is a really fun fitting tool.

The only issue I could see is for folks with early release or fast swing tempos. Shaft characteristics can be very important in those instances. I wonder if that affects head performance—it may not.

Still for $7 it is a great place to start.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Every club in my bag is custom fit and built. Except my driver. I participated in a MGS review back in 2014 for the 14* 460 SLDR. It's OTR. But, it's been the most accurate, reliable, and longest driver I've ever played. I purchased a brand new 2015 Cobra Fly-Z+ this past spring because I wanted to give it a try. Gorgeous. It's propped up over in the corner of my office looking lonely. It couldn't ever get close to the SLDR.

Wish I'd had the new TGF at the time.  :(

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

So awesome that this site is live.  I have been waiting to talk about it.

I was fit for a driver by my local guy (he's a top 100 ping fitter in the country) and I ended up with the F8+.  Was really excited to get early access to TGF to see what it would spit out for me (and was nervous that it would give me buyers remorse on the F8+

Certainly looks interesting and the guarantee through their authorized retailer is reassuring.

Which retailer(s) are they partnering with?

How did your actual gains compare to the TGF predictions?

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Certainly looks interesting and the guarantee through their authorized retailer is reassuring.

Which retailer(s) are they partnering with?

How did your actual gains compare to the TGF predictions?

The gains part is what confused me a bit and I might of missed when reading the site.

Not sure what the gains number it's based on

What's interesting is that I have almost the same swing characteristics as the person in their demo video.  My swing speed is 109 mph, quick, and I hit up.  My current driver is the Ping G LST and I'm hitting it around 280.  I went to a Titleist Thursday event a few weeks back and below are the results..

Titleist.png

I wish I had a picture of the trackman numbers too because my total distance was 295...

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

I think this is a good product but will it ever replace a real outdoor launch monitor custom fitting?

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Great question!

For right now this tool is for the golfer who has never been fit or for one who has not had a very thorough fitting (still the majority of golfers).

That being said this will continue to evolve and I truly believe will one day be as good or better then real world fittings.

Here are a few of the reasons:

1. If you go get 10 driver fitting you will more than likely get 5-10 different recommendations. This is for many possible reasons. Biased fitter, lack of swings, lack of products to test, etc.

This tool will give you a consistent fitting 100% of the time and it is based on your real swing data.

2. Most fittings do not allow for a golfer to test all drivers on the market, so at the end of the day the odds of truly finding the 1 that maximizes your potential is significantly limited in scope. Also the amount of shots hit with each driver is typically not near enough to tell an accurate story of how one will truly perform.

3. We hope to add a few advances in to the engine soon that right now are not being done by nearly any fitters around the world.

One day I am confident this will be the smartest fitting possible. That being said today is just v 1.0.

I love it and agree completely. I had this happen to me recently during a fitting for a 3 wood. The fitter was pushing me towards a Callaway Rogue and a Taylormade M4 and I had to push really hard to try the Ping and the Cobra F8. I wonder if there are kickbacks or something that causes that. I tried the F8 dialed it to 16 degrees and boom perfect shots no more than 7 yards offline and averaging 243 yards. And it even works on the course. I never would have tried the F8 if it wasn't for MGS and the Cobra Connect challenge in the forum.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

I paid my $7 and got the Wilson C300 and Srixon. Tried the Srixon last summer and it wasn't in the top 4 that day.... Hmm. Oh well. Interesting tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I like the idea but the initial info it gathers is quite a broad spectrum, could this mean the same driver is recommended for everyone with a 'medium' SS, smooth transition and level AoA?

Are there plans to add more data options that are particular to each individual?

Definitely the way of the future though.

There are two ways to go with this.....if you know your Hcap and swing speed, you select the advanced, otherwise you use the generic “medium, slow, etc.”

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

There are two ways to go with this.....if you know your Hcap and swing speed, you select the advanced, otherwise you use the generic “medium, slow, etc.”

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

didnt see that- now it gives me +18.92 yards and +20.91% accuracy :)

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

As Jlukes said, glad to see this go live after all the hard work that's been put into it by Adam and team.    I think it has a chance to revolutionize fitting.  I get it's doesn't have everything now that some people want, but think of the average Joe golfer not us Internet nerds.   He doesn't spend 20 plus hours a week on forums discussing shaft flex points, CPM"s etc.   He goes into a store and says he wants to buy a driver and he's at the mercy of a salesman who may have a ulterior motive in pushing him one direction, or someone who's completely unqualified.   But if he spends $7  and can go in with knowing what one or two heads are proven to work best for his swing specs, then he's ahead of the game already. 

That said, here's my findings.  Am I'm shocked actually.   These are two drivers I have spent very little or no time trying.  Although the M3 was high on my curiosity list early in the year, until I hit the G400 Max and have been having good results with it.

TrueFit Results.JPG

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Looks great. Can't wait to try it out!

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Are the distance and accuracy gains based on the worst driver for you or the average driver for you or something else entirely?

All in all this is a great tool that should be used by the majority of golfers.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock