TESTERS WANTED! ×

TrueGolfFit

GolfSpy MPR

Just tried it out very interesting stuff. Wish it told me more but I know that will happen in due time. Great work as always MGS!!!!SmartSelect_20180820-173241_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Just tried it out very interesting stuff. Wish it told me more but I know that will happen in due time. Great work as always MGS!!!!attachicon.gif SmartSelect_20180820-173241_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

That's two good drivers right there!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I'm a little confused but maybe shouldn't be. I am a high handicapper with a slower swing speed but my best truefit driver was a Srixon Z765. When I look on Srixon's website they say that driver is for better player with higher swing speed.

The other driver was a Bridgestone Tour B XD5. Not sure what to think yet.

Irons-Adams A12OS GW-6, 5H, 4H

Driver & 3 Wood = Callaway Big Bertha

Right Hand

Pleasanton, TX

Handicap 25+

I'm a little confused but maybe shouldn't be. I am a high handicapper with a slower swing speed but my best truefit driver was a Srixon Z765. When I look on Srixon's website they say that driver is for better player with higher swing speed.

The other driver was a Bridgestone Tour B XD5. Not sure what to think yet.

Just an FYI, without knowing all your specs.  I'm a 18 HC with a 90 MPH Swing Speed.   I have been fit into a Titleist D3 and Rogue Sub Zero in the past due to a negative angle of attack creating a lot of backspin.  Both those drivers are designed to reduce spin.   Which they did for me.   I'm assuming it might be a similar case for you with those two.

Sometimes, clubs get targeted to a certain player demographic, and that may not be the case when you factor in their swing characteristics.

To me, this could be a perfect example of TrueFit working perfectly, as opposed to some Big Box Store guy hearing your a High Cap and automatically putting you in an offset driver that's going to create a lot of spin.   

That's two good drivers right there!!

Do you have either of these in stock at GS Robs golf emporium?

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

Here's my first fitting. I just guessed at the input parameters so I don't think the results are very representative of my true distances. I don't think my AOA is very high on the + side so I selected level. I used a medium-slow swing speed since I'm 63.5 yrs and I do generally have a fairly quick transition. With this input I'm losing distance. Perhaps up to 46 yards as it showed my total distance is 199 yards. I average 245 off the tee. Next time I might bring along some LM data and see how the results vary. Next time I'll also use expert mode and see what I get. Kind of wish I could have gone back and adjusted the AOA and swing speed to see if I can obtain driver distances closer to my real world experience. I don't fault the program and I found it interesting. I'll probably try it again soon. I wouldn't have a problem testing or playing either of the two selections as long as I don't lose yardage.

TGF.PNG

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Really cool tool and thank you for all the effort you put into it. I'm curious if the selections given to the golfers are based on what is in MGS testing only or are all drivers represented? For example I game the XXIO X driver which I don't think was tested in most wanted driver.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Do you have either of these in stock at GS Robs golf emporium?

Not currently. But the 917 D3 was in my bag for almost all of 2017.

It is a low spin head that even with my paltry 90 mph swing I was able to hit it pretty well. In the end as I changed my swing to have less negative AOA I actually needed a bit more spin to carry it a bit further. That's when I went to the 400 Max.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Same here.  Haven't tried it yet but I will.  I currently have two drivers, Callaway XR16 and Bombtech Grenade 2.  Curious if offbrand clubs like Bombtech will even be considered 

Really cool tool and thank you for all the effort you put into it. I'm curious if the selections given to the golfers are based on what is in MGS testing only or are all drivers represented? For example I game the XXIO X driver which I don't think was tested in most wanted driver.

I will be your Huckleberry!! Question is where do I start? I am assuming the recommendation is based off of MGS testing but should I go with stock shaft and which loft?6d4cd271b167940f6c47d630bef91b7e.jpeg

Bryson DeChambeau

For example I game the XXIO X driver which I don't think was tested in most wanted driver.

XXIO X was part of the 2018 most wanted driver testing.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

XXIO X was part of the 2018 most wanted driver testing.

Thanks, found it at the bottom, haha. Since I buy my clubs with a 90 day return policy for full credit I have used the ST180, Cobra F8 and now the XXIO and the X driver has easily performed the best for me. I'll gIve the fitting a try and see what comes up.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

The more I think about this product the more I think of how revolutionary it really is. It must be a dream realized for the MGS team because this was probably the original mission statement. Fit golfers to the best equipment for their unique swings based off of performance not marketing....its really amazing to see in reality. I mean it fit me into two drivers that I can find for great prices on various websites. If anyone else did this it would spit out Callaway Rogue or something else just because it is new and expensive but this tool spits out the best performing driver....wow!!!!!

Bryson DeChambeau

@GolfSpy_X How are you going to handle the "shafts" question?

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

@GolfSpy_X How are you going to handle the "shafts" question?

Matt, if you haven't done so already, read my post #27 and X's reply in post #28, it touches on this a bit.  

Just curious will this data be reset each year, or will you continue to keep the old data in there?  

For example if it was 2020, would there be a possibility that it would recommend a driver from 2018 because it still is the best performer for my swing characteristics? 

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

Well this was a waste of $7. I got fit not long and swung pretty much every driver out there this year. So I had all my numbers to put in here, swing speed and AOA. The best numbers for me were the F8+, but the Epic was the most consistent and pretty similar numbers. That's what I went with. This thing just fit me for the 917 D2 at +16.81 yards and +5.45% accuracy and the GT180 at +4.55 yards and +0.91% accuracy. The 917 was one of the worst that I swung in the fitting. Way behind in distance and ball speed. It was one I put down right away. I didn't swing the Mizuno, but these numbers wouldn't convince me to try it. 

As near as I can tell the truegolffit site ends up optimizing the users launch angle and spin using various clubs. It would be great if there was a way to forward on swing data from a user and the truegolffit selected clubs to refine the predictions.  There may be other secondary swing characteristics that account for any individual discrepancy between predicted and actual.

Thanks, I really like the concept.

IMG_0680.JPG

Glad to see this go live.....I've been missing in action for awhile due to work commitments and I've been nursing a torn rotator cuff.

I ponied up my $7 and this is what I got.....looking forward to hitting the M3 based on these numbers.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

The gains part is what confused me a bit and I might of missed when reading the site.

Not sure what the gains number it's based on

Are the distance and accuracy gains based on the worst driver for you or the average driver for you or something else entirely?

All in all this is a great tool that should be used by the majority of golfers.

I had the same thought when going through the beta test.  How does the TGF know what I would gain in distance and accuracy over my current driver?  It doesn't even know what I'm hitting now.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

attachicon.gif IMG_0680.JPG

Glad to see this go live.....I've been missing in action for awhile due to work commitments and I've been nursing a torn rotator cuff.

I ponied up my $7 and this is what I got.....looking forward to hitting the M3 based on these numbers.

The Callaway Roque was in the top two in my Club Champion fitting and the Ping G400 Max came out on top.   I hit the M4 however did not spend in time with the M3.   Now I'm interested to see how the M4 compares to my Ping.  I might have to run over to Dicks and have a side by side comparison. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I'm a big believer in shaft over club head. It's just my personal experience the shaft has such a tremendous effect. I was given a Mizuno ST 180 as a retirement gift. I'm extremely consistent with my Ping but out of respect for those who gifted it I tried to game the ST 180. The shaft is or should I say was a Tensei Blue. Man I rolled that thing down the fairway. It was painful!!!!!! I then switched the shaft with a higher launching shaft. It's still not as consistent as the Ping but it does fly 10 to 15 yards further. 10 yards may not sound like much but it is basically a full club difference hitting into the green. So for me a club fitting without shaft evaluation would be very suspect.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I'm a big believer in shaft over club head. It's just my personal experience the shaft has such a tremendous effect. I was given a Mizuno ST 180 as a retirement gift. I'm extremely consistent with my Ping but out of respect for those who gifted it I tried to game the ST 180. The shaft is or should I say was a Tensei Blue. Man I rolled that thing down the fairway. It was painful!!!!!! I then switched the shaft with a higher launching shaft. It's still not as consistent as the Ping but it does fly 10 to 15 yards further. 10 yards may not sound like much but it is basically a full club difference hitting into the green. So for me a club fitting without shaft evaluation would be very suspect.

Understand your personal experience, but any reputable dotter will first start with a club head and then fine tune within a shaft.

I don't disagree that the wrong shaft can make you alter your swing and produce bad results, but true performance starts with the head

I had the same thought when going through the beta test.  How does the TGF know what I would gain in distance and accuracy over my current driver?  It doesn't even know what I'm hitting now.

Absolutely agree Kenny. Without a reference to what it's compared to it doesn't make sense. 

Is it compared to averages of all drivers in Most Wanted testing, is it compared to the median driver, is it random?

I didn't really see any answer to Matt's shaft question in GolfSpy X's reply (#28). For example, the Mizuno ST180 comes with multiple options, all of which are "standard", does TGF tell you which one? 

Comments I've read on the blog suggest that it doesn't give any information other than head brand/model and shaft flex, is this true or just people taking cheap shots?

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Absolutely agree Kenny. Without a reference to what it's compared to it doesn't make sense.

Is it compared to averages of all drivers in Most Wanted testing, is it compared to the median driver, is it random?

I didn't really see any answer to Matt's shaft question in GolfSpy X's reply (#28). For example, the Mizuno ST180 comes with multiple options, all of which are "standard", does TGF tell you which one?

Comments I've read on the blog suggest that it doesn't give any information other than head brand/model and shaft flex, is this true or just people taking cheap shots?

There are some pics that show the results, but yes, just head, and shaft stiffness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I'm wondering if this baby was rolled out too early...

Without being able to input current driver/ Shaft, nor offering any shaft options other than what comes stock, it just seems too general.

Is it basically just a cross link to the “most wanted” driver / iron tests?

Which for the average joe I suppose is just fine, but I just don't get all the hyperbole.

Is the secret linked to the hdcp input maybe? Because that's really the only input item that wasn't very general.

But again, I suppose it is a non-salesman biased suggestion tool...

I feel like Randy Jackson on American idol...

“I dunno dog, I dunno....”

And then I think I read it's more for the non-spy type, but if they're not a spy, how will they even know about it?

I dunno dawg....

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Very interesting, just tried it. Have been feeling my M3 is not performing as well as expected. The TrueGolfFit fit me with Rogue. This was interesting because my sim testing at PGA tour superstore the Rogue surprisingly was my best performer. They could be on to something here.