TESTERS WANTED! ×

TrueGolfFit

GolfSpy MPR

Well i am driving the ball much better now i have gotten used to the Srixon. Before the TrueGolffit switch to the Srixon Z765 i was hitting about 265 now i am averaging 278 and my longest one today was 286....

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Well i am driving the ball much better now i have gotten used to the Srixon. Before the TrueGolffit switch to the Srixon Z765 i was hitting about 265 now i am averaging 278 and my longest one today was 286....attachicon.gif SmartSelect_20180907-170128_18Birdies.jpeg

Guess you're not looking to trade for the F8 now, are you ;)

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Guess you're not looking to trade for the F8 now, are you ;)

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Maybe still looks like my whole bag might end uo Cobra...the 3 wood really works for me

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

So when I put my handicap in and all my numbers in, the total yardage and spin and launch, is that with those numbers or with the new club? I was fit for F8+ and Mizuno driver... they say +17 and + 14 is that on top of the numbers it gave more or is that the numbers it gave me?

Does this make sense?

It's saying that 297 is +17.20 yards more than your current driver if you go with the F8+. So it's assuming that your current driver goes about 280 yards.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

@Acatalano32 - that would be over the generic average driver in the data base if I understand the system properly (I was in the Beta test group.)  Depending on if  you were fit for your current driver and or whether it's the proper driver for your swing type - you may have come in and been forced into a brand or you wanted a brand and so the fitter just locked into it - keeping in mind those factors you may gain more or less over the numbers listed.

@the MGS community or anyone else checking in here I played with my friend Dennis on Sunday.  Dennis has been using a ten year old Nike Driver.  He was wanting to buy a new driver months ago.  He was certainly going to buy it on line without a fitting.  Dennis is a tall, lanky, fit 55 year old who has brought his handicap down from 22 to 14 over the past 5 years.  If he ever could get his course management under control he has the potential to get it lower than that.  He hits the ball a mile - if I were estimating his SS I would say high 90's to low 100's but with a negative AoA and moderate transition.  So that's what he put into trufit.  It spit out the M3 440 head as his first choice.  So he asked me about shaft flex - I told him stiff. 

We play together every other Sunday afternoon and in a Tuesday night league that has ended for the season.  Another words we play together a lot, I know more about his game than he does.  His average drive is between 240 and 250.  We used my Swing Caddie to measure swing speed and carry distance on Sunday (carry distance and driving distance were nearly identical as there is currently no roll on our courses.)  His swing speed was between 97-107 and carry distance 245-268.  He hit several drives to places I had not seen him reach before.  Our guess was that he has picked up 20 yards, easy.  Additionally he had a very consistent ball flight - a nice fade, once we get the weighting adjusted properly, which he had lost and has always been his best and most consistent shot off the tee.

I do think that trufit is a great tool for getting people into the proper driver type for their swing particularly if the user can understand that there is no one best driver but there is a best driver for them.  Different brands have different theories on how to make the ball go - the theories aren't wrong because there is more than one way to skin a cat - you need to recognize that Callaway is for you but not for me and my swing type, that Taylor Made may be the longest but it's rarely going to be the most accurate, that Cobra, Ping or Mizuno may launch higher with more spin and then figure out what your swing needs.  Trufit does that for you for $7.

Great value!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

It's saying that 297 is +17.20 yards more than your current driver if you go with the F8+. So it's assuming that your current driver goes about 280 yards.

Unless I did this wrong... those numbers are actually pretty close to my current 440m1... I carry it on avg 275 with total about 290/295

I am going to check the f8+ today or tomorrow and compare the numbers 👍🏼

So I took it to the launch monitor, carry 275 total 303 longest was 282 crry 311 total, pretty similar to my m1 but the dispersion was significantly tighter with the f8+

Little disappointed with the carry number but if I can keep it in the fairway more times then not... huge advantage

So I took it to the launch monitor, carry 275 total 303 longest was 282 crry 311 total, pretty similar to my m1 but the dispersion was significantly tighter with the f8+

Little disappointed with the carry number but if I can keep it in the fairway more times then not... huge advantage

I wouldn't be disappointed. 8 yards and better dispersion is a huge deal in a game like golf. If a driver marketed 8 yards more than the old model, people would pounce on it. You got that through a $7 fitting. Another testament to the fact that TGF works really well.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Absolutely, I'm shocked and excited that TGF worked so well, I didn't have the chance to try the Mizuno driver (not a fan of the blue anyways) but the F8+ looked GREAT behind the ball. Also I'm excited for the next clubs on TGF

Is there a list of the drivers this takes into account when fitting? If I was going to test/buy it would be reassuring the know if the one I was eyeing after my own efforts was on the list. I'm no expert, but many of us are drawn to what looks shiny or fits our preference for look. If the "pretty and shiny" one wasn't included, this would still be worth using - X is likely the best performing for me, if Y wasn't included but I wanted to try it I have an optimized performer to compare it to. A date of "Drivers released up to X date" were included in this fitting/version would even work for this purpose.

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

Is there a list of the drivers this takes into account when fitting? If I was going to test/buy it would be reassuring the know if the one I was eyeing after my own efforts was on the list. I'm not expert, but many of us are drawn to what looks shiny or fits our preference for look. If the "pretty and shiny" one wasn't included, this would still be worth using - X is likely the best performing for me, if Y wasn't included but I wanted to try it I have an optimized performer to compare it to. A date of "Drivers released up to X date" were included in this fitting/version would even work for this purpose.

I believe, that the drivers included are the same ones that were included for the 2018 Most Wanted Testing.

I believe, that the drivers included are the same ones that were included for the 2018 Most Wanted Testing.

I hesitated posting because that was my gut feeling, but I couldn't find a confirmation. As the tool continues to grow that list will change and users would need to track down multiple testing posts.

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

I hesitated posting because that was my gut feeling, but I couldn't find a confirmation. As the tool continues to grow that list will change and users would need to track down multiple testing posts.

Yeah, I am not sure if their plan is to leave to older drivers with the new drivers on TGF or if they are putting the new ones and taking the old ones off. I think I remenber X saying that they were going to leave the old drivers on with the new ones but I am not sure.

I'm sure the plan is to leave the old ones. At some point the tool will spit out four drivers - two optimum and two “value” drivers. Plus although driver technology continues to improve there are those who may actually hit an older model better than current ones because of the peculiarities of their swings.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I like my Srixon z765 that Truefit recommended but I think I need a heavier shaft

Bryson DeChambeau

I like my Srixon z765 that Truefit recommended but I think I need a heavier shaft

This is what it suggested I go with as well. What are your initial thoughts on the driver? 

And I totally understand the shaft conundrum. It took me so long to find a shaft I really liked for my current driver. A lot of trial and error (and $$).

Kyle
-----
"I'd rather be driving a Titleist."

WITB:
TM.pngTaylorMade M1 (2016) 9.5* -or- titleist.png Titleist 917 D3 8.5*
titleist.png Titleist 904f 15*
titleist.png Titleist 904f 19* -or- titleist.png Titleist 716 T-MB 3 iron, bent to 18*
titleist.png Titleist 712 AP2 (4-9), +1/2", 1* up
BV.jpg Vokey SM6 46/50/54/58, all +1/2", 1* up
scotty.pngScotty Studio Select Laguna 1.5, 34"

This is what it suggested I go with as well. What are your initial thoughts on the driver?

And I totally understand the shaft conundrum. It took me so long to find a shaft I really liked for my current driver. A lot of trial and error (and $$).

The driver is great. I hit my longest driver ever with it but the stock shaft is giving me consistency trouble. When it does find the fairway the numbers are almost exactly what TrueFit said so it is really amazing tech

Bryson DeChambeau

The driver is great. I hit my longest driver ever with it but the stock shaft is giving me consistency trouble. When it does find the fairway the numbers are almost exactly what TrueFit said so it is really amazing tech

What is the stock shaft? The Miazaki or however it's spelled.

Kyle
-----
"I'd rather be driving a Titleist."

WITB:
TM.pngTaylorMade M1 (2016) 9.5* -or- titleist.png Titleist 917 D3 8.5*
titleist.png Titleist 904f 15*
titleist.png Titleist 904f 19* -or- titleist.png Titleist 716 T-MB 3 iron, bent to 18*
titleist.png Titleist 712 AP2 (4-9), +1/2", 1* up
BV.jpg Vokey SM6 46/50/54/58, all +1/2", 1* up
scotty.pngScotty Studio Select Laguna 1.5, 34"

I would remind us that trufit's purpose is for the player who won't get fit beyond the big box clerk bringing him multiple stock drivers off the rack or demo cart.

Clearly it is a better option than that.

For gear heads like many here it will get you into the proper head (something that's hugely under rated). From there you may have to do some tweaking to get the perfect fit including an aftermarket shaft.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I would remind us that trufit's purpose is for the player who won't get fit beyond the big box clerk bringing him multiple stock drivers off the rack or demo cart.

Clearly it is a better option than that.

For gear heads like many here it will get you into the proper head (something that's hugely under rated). From there you may have to do some tweaking to get the perfect fit including an aftermarket shaft.

But if the data is pulled from most wanted testing wouldn't the stock shaft be about as good as you can get since that is what's used for testing?

EDIT: in regards to online fitting with truefit

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

But if the data is pulled from most wanted testing wouldn't the stock shaft be about as good as you can get since that is what's used for testing?

They might collect data for different shafts. Not from the Most Wanted testing but just bring in testers and figure out what shafts works best for a certain swing type.

What is the stock shaft? The Miazaki or however it's spelled.

Yes

Bryson DeChambeau

Correct - my point is that this product is meant for a different segment of the golfing public than most of us. However it can be used as a great starting point.

We tend to over rate the shaft's importance because for a time it was under rated so it was sheik to say, “the shaft's everything you know, man”.

The Head matters too and trufit will absolutely nail the proper head for you. Some might argue it will nail it better than many fitters because it doesn't have an OEM bias.

Knowing the head you need you can work with your fitter to find the proper shaft and settings if it's an adjustable head.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• 2 weeks later...

Srixon 565 and Titleist 917D3, I have the 917D3 so that's a win. Extra 19yards though between the Titleist and Srixon...really?

That's not over your current distance it's over the “neutral” driver in the data base.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

That's not over your current distance it's over the “neutral” driver in the data base.

Yeah I hear you but it said the Srixon was that much further than the second recommended, the Titleist 917D3. Just happen to also game the D3

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone!  I know there has been a lot of conversation about TGF, and now the official testing has begun!  Head on over to the official review thread to ask any questions and watch for our results.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

• 2 weeks later...

I havent played in 3 weeks but TGF is legit...never hit the driver better before demands of work and family took over

Bryson DeChambeau