Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

TrueGolfFit

GolfSpy MPR

So, I gave this a shot just to see... it spit out a driver (Mizuno ST190G) that isn't available in left hand.  That might be something they ask up front to avoid this?  

• Driver:  Cobra LTDx Max
  • 5 wood, 7 wood:  Cobra Speedzone
  • 5 hybrid: Callaway Forged CB 24*
  • Irons: Sub 70 699 (6), 659MB Raw (7-PW)
  • Wedges: Sub70 286 50*, Edel 55*, 60*
  • Putter:  PXG Bat Attack

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

16 minutes ago, ga_pike said:

So, I gave this a shot just to see... it spit out a driver (Mizuno ST190G) that isn't available in left hand.  That might be something they ask up front to avoid this?  

That's a really good idea. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I finally gave this a go and my two recommendations were PXG X Gen 2 and Cortex. My question would be how do I know what loft would give me my 11 yard gain?

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

• SPY VIP

So in the world of crazy talk I had my buddy try TGF last night who just got fit by the Titleist fitter and then purchased.

We used the expert mode for 2 categories knowing the specifics - his exact swing speed and angle of attack. Not only did TrueGolfFit nail the driver model, but the shaft happens to be the same one too.

image.png

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

So i ponied up the $9 and thought I'd give it a whirl since it most likely supports MSG in some way.  I had a custom fitting last week so i took the numbers plugged them in and got my results.

My fitter suggested and Epic Flash for me and so did True Golf Fit so thats pretty good.  The issue I have with the tool is the fact that it does not provide driver loft and really only suggested stock shafts.  I think the shaft addition is just them adding the stock to the tool and adding $2.  

It's not a bad tool but for $9 and a one time try, its not worth it IMO.  It's just OK and a bit of fun and i used it more for validation but by not adding loft to the suggestion is a huge miss.

It's a cool concept but I won't be a repeat customer.

• 3 months later...

How much was the driver fitting you had?

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

You know how we all get that itch for a new club probably too often? Well I had that itch for a new driver I was thinking I had to be leaving distance out with these new drivers and so i popped in to my local golf store. I wanted to hit last years models you know Rogue, Rogue Sub Zero, and Ping G400...you know the best driver the most wanted drivers. I tried all of them with different shafts even went different flexes in them. I was hitting them all from 230 to 250 you know with the roll out. The fitter was saying that is really good and honestly my swing speed for whatever reason is down from last year about 99 average peak at 101 now down from 105 average 107 peak. I told him I have been hitting 265-270 with True Golf Fit recommended Srixon z765. He says well alot of people think they are hitting further than they actually are you know elevation changes and wind direction has a lot to do with it on the course but in here on the launch monitor it doesn't lie. I said well look let me go get my driver out the car and let's just see what's up. He said go get it...so I did. Well my driver beat them all boom 260 boom 265 boom swing speed up 103 boom 268 10 yards offline 14 yards offline...you get the idea. Dude was honestly mad my True Fit Golf driver beat all of them. I even looked at the numbers my launch was 15 to 16 and spin was 2000 to 2700 neither of which is really optimal right but this driver just works. The work put into the website works and next year I will get the next recommendation which is the Ping G410 Plus x stiff Ping Tour...no I didnt hit it because it's well outside my golf budget!! Just wanted to share that with my fellow spies.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

• 2 years later...

Thread needs a bump here, because as of today, TrueGolfFit is a free tool!

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Very cool!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

just used it recommended the TM STealth with Aldila Ascent Red stiff shaft 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

Just did it and I was matched with a TSI3 and a Rogue as my respective 1&2. 

It was nice to see that I was matched up with my current gamer shaft, my Tensei White.  Thanks Adam!

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I just entered my data (non expert mode) and it says Srixon ZX7, then Wilson Staff D9.  I then use the expert mode for the ss and aoa and it says Mizuno STZ-220, then Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS 🤔.  This is a cool tool but pretty much seems to be similar to most of the OEM on-line fitting tools. Anyone else getting some (at least what they think) are odd results?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I just gave it a whirl. I entered my data in non expert mode. My number one option was a Srixon ZX7 with a HZRDUS Black Smoke 5.5 which also happens to be the shaft in my Ping G400 Max. Option 2 was the Wilson Staff D9. 

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

16 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I just entered my data (non expert mode) and it says Srixon ZX7, then Wilson Staff D9.  I then use the expert mode for the ss and aoa and it says Mizuno STZ-220, then Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS 🤔.  This is a cool tool but pretty much seems to be similar to most of the OEM on-line fitting tools. Anyone else getting some (at least what they think) are odd results?

I received the same results. 🤔 But I did not attempt expert mode.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

So I just did the trufit thing and I was happy to see they recommend the same shaft I already use. However, it says ball speed 158mph, launch of 13*, and spin of 1950rpm = distance of 301. That seems off. Using Flightscope shot optimizer those same specs give a carry of 260 and total yards of 271...My Launch monitor (mevo+) agrees that even with 160.4 ball speed and 2149 rpm and 14.5 launch (to pretty close to the trufit numbers) i got 260.8 carry and "roll out total" as 285. (for consistancy sake the optimizer app shows those specs having a carry of 266 and total of 275 - which seems pretty close to my real world averages)

I am curious what algorithim they use to get that total distance. Seems like they might be inflating the numbers a bit to try and get people who don't know their real numbers to jump into "gaining 16 yards and 6% more accuracy" by buying a new driver. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

I have seen two fitting recommendations from this site today one with a driver smash of 1.4 the other with a driver smash of 1.38. I understand smash and it's suspect usage. But I would NEVER buy a driver any where near those smash numbers. Cool idea but not sure what is produced is useful. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

12 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I have seen two fitting recommendations from this site today one with a driver smash of 1.4 the other with a driver smash of 1.38. I understand smash and it's suspect usage. But I would NEVER buy a driver any where near those smash numbers. Cool idea but not sure what is produced is useful. 

How are you getting to a place that shows smash factor? I only see yards, launch, spin, ball speed...

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

2 minutes ago, The 19th Hole said:

How are you getting to a place that shows smash factor? I only see yards, launch, spin, ball speed...

Just working it backwards. If you use expert mode (phone only?) you can put in exact CHS. 111 CHS and it produced 158 ballspeed. 1.4 smash. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

1 hour ago, Nolan220 said:

just used it recommended the TM STealth with Aldila Ascent Red stiff shaft 

Seems to be a common theme .... I got the exact same thing 🙂  

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Just now, golfinnut said:

Seems to be a common theme .... I got the exact same thing 🙂  

thats cool .. I didn't do expert mode ... when I did this in 2019 I got the TM M6 ...I am curious to try the stealth so maybe I will set up a fitting to give it a try 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

13 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Just working it backwards. If you use expert mode (phone only?) you can put in exact CHS. 111 CHS and it produced 158 ballspeed. 1.4 smash. 

OK I found it on the phone...then went back and I was indeed blind. It was just on the way left side of the scree and I didn't even notice it. Thanks. 

First time, this time, as I was part of the initial testing a few years ago, put me in a stiff shaft. I redid it using a slow swing speed, as I am recovering from rotator cuff surgery and it selected a 50 gr regular shaft.  The driver heads changed from Mizuno to Titleist to Cleveland.

Now I am confused a bit.  I guess I need to regain my swing speed (85-95) then try it again.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I'm going to keep trying until it gives me the right answer 🤣.  

4 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm going to keep trying until it gives me the right answer 🤣.  

Keep going until it gives me a Titleist driver 😜

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

I'll try this on my phone, but I cannot get this app to work on the web. It wants me to log in, and when I do it then asks me to pay $9. I've tried it 5 different times, logging in and out. etc

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

So you can order your club through TrueGolfFit and then return within 60 days (less cost of shipping) if it dosen't work out? Again, this seems like a replicate of numerous like on-line golf club retailers... what am I missing here?

Answered my own question by clicking on the "order now".  Looks like they are teamed up with Global Golf.

Curious how/why handicap affects the results? Or is that just internal information on who's using it kind of thing

Driver: :taylormade-small: M6 

Irons:  :mizuno-small:JPX919

Wedges: :taylormade-small:  54* and 58* MG3

Putter: :ping-small: Anser 4

14 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

I'll try this on my phone, but I cannot get this app to work on the web. It wants me to log in, and when I do it then asks me to pay $9. I've tried it 5 different times, logging in and out. etc

Why would a free on-line club fitting system/app be asking for payment?

6 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Why would a free on-line club fitting system/app be asking for payment?

yeah, not sure. but thats part of my confusion, maybe because I had paid for it previously? idk. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV