Our Sponsors

Great question!

For right now this tool is for the golfer who has never been fit or for one who has not had a very thorough fitting (still the majority of golfers).

That being said this will continue to evolve and I truly believe will one day be as good or better then real world fittings.

Here are a few of the reasons:

1. If you go get 10 driver fitting you will more than likely get 5-10 different recommendations. This is for many possible reasons. Biased fitter, lack of swings, lack of products to test, etc.

This tool will give you a consistent fitting 100% of the time and it is based on your real swing data.

2. Most fittings do not allow for a golfer to test all drivers on the market, so at the end of the day the odds of truly finding the 1 that maximizes your potential is significantly limited in scope. Also the amount of shots hit with each driver is typically not near enough to tell an accurate story of how one will truly perform.

3. We hope to add a few advances in to the engine soon that right now are not being done by nearly any fitters around the world.

One day I am confident this will be the smartest fitting possible. That being said today is just v 1.0.

I love it and agree completely. I had this happen to me recently during a fitting for a 3 wood. The fitter was pushing me towards a Callaway Rogue and a Taylormade M4 and I had to push really hard to try the Ping and the Cobra F8. I wonder if there are kickbacks or something that causes that. I tried the F8 dialed it to 16 degrees and boom perfect shots no more than 7 yards offline and averaging 243 yards. And it even works on the course. I never would have tried the F8 if it wasn't for MGS and the Cobra Connect challenge in the forum.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 9

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just saw the rollout tweet. Trying it out now. Let's post our results and talk about this long-anticipated MGS feature: https://truegolffit.com/.   UPDATE: So it's recommending the M4 for me. That's

Great question!   For right now this tool is for the golfer who has never been fit or for one who has not had a very thorough fitting (still the majority of golfers).   That being said this will c

Feedback:     1. Be patient the product will evolve. We hope to add shafts and loft and flex as well.  But remember, just because you want it does not mean we should give it if we are not confident

Posted Images

I paid my $7 and got the Wilson C300 and Srixon. Tried the Srixon last summer and it wasn't in the top 4 that day.... Hmm. Oh well. Interesting tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

I like the idea but the initial info it gathers is quite a broad spectrum, could this mean the same driver is recommended for everyone with a 'medium' SS, smooth transition and level AoA?

Are there plans to add more data options that are particular to each individual?

Definitely the way of the future though.

There are two ways to go with this.....if you know your Hcap and swing speed, you select the advanced, otherwise you use the generic “medium, slow, etc.”

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

• Like 2

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I paid my $7 and got the Wilson C300 and Srixon. Tried the Srixon last summer and it wasn't in the Too 4 that day.... Hmm. Oh well. Interesting tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your swing has changed 6 times since then ;)
  • Like 3

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

There are two ways to go with this.....if you know your Hcap and swing speed, you select the advanced, otherwise you use the generic “medium, slow, etc.”

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

didnt see that- now it gives me +18.92 yards and +20.91% accuracy :)

• Like 2

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

As Jlukes said, glad to see this go live after all the hard work that's been put into it by Adam and team.    I think it has a chance to revolutionize fitting.  I get it's doesn't have everything now that some people want, but think of the average Joe golfer not us Internet nerds.   He doesn't spend 20 plus hours a week on forums discussing shaft flex points, CPM"s etc.   He goes into a store and says he wants to buy a driver and he's at the mercy of a salesman who may have a ulterior motive in pushing him one direction, or someone who's completely unqualified.   But if he spends $7  and can go in with knowing what one or two heads are proven to work best for his swing specs, then he's ahead of the game already. 

That said, here's my findings.  Am I'm shocked actually.   These are two drivers I have spent very little or no time trying.  Although the M3 was high on my curiosity list early in the year, until I hit the G400 Max and have been having good results with it.

TrueFit Results.JPG

• Like 4

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Looks great. Can't wait to try it out!

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 10.5°, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X
Fairway Wood:  :cobra-small: F9, Fujikura ATMOS TS Black 7X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, N.S. Pro Modus3 G.O.S.T. Tour S
4 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, Fujikura ATMOS 7 Stiff
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: KING Black 50°, 54°, 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5B

Are the distance and accuracy gains based on the worst driver for you or the average driver for you or something else entirely?

All in all this is a great tool that should be used by the majority of golfers.

• Like 1

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Just tried it out very interesting stuff. Wish it told me more but I know that will happen in due time. Great work as always MGS!!!!SmartSelect_20180820-173241_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

• Like 4

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

Just tried it out very interesting stuff. Wish it told me more but I know that will happen in due time. Great work as always MGS!!!!attachicon.gif SmartSelect_20180820-173241_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

That's two good drivers right there!!

• Like 2

I'm a little confused but maybe shouldn't be. I am a high handicapper with a slower swing speed but my best truefit driver was a Srixon Z765. When I look on Srixon's website they say that driver is for better player with higher swing speed.

The other driver was a Bridgestone Tour B XD5. Not sure what to think yet.

• Like 1

Irons-Adams A12OS GW-6, 5H, 4H

Driver & 3 Wood = Callaway Big Bertha

Right Hand

Pleasanton, TX

Handicap 25+

I'm a little confused but maybe shouldn't be. I am a high handicapper with a slower swing speed but my best truefit driver was a Srixon Z765. When I look on Srixon's website they say that driver is for better player with higher swing speed.

The other driver was a Bridgestone Tour B XD5. Not sure what to think yet.

Just an FYI, without knowing all your specs.  I'm a 18 HC with a 90 MPH Swing Speed.   I have been fit into a Titleist D3 and Rogue Sub Zero in the past due to a negative angle of attack creating a lot of backspin.  Both those drivers are designed to reduce spin.   Which they did for me.   I'm assuming it might be a similar case for you with those two.

Sometimes, clubs get targeted to a certain player demographic, and that may not be the case when you factor in their swing characteristics.

To me, this could be a perfect example of TrueFit working perfectly, as opposed to some Big Box Store guy hearing your a High Cap and automatically putting you in an offset driver that's going to create a lot of spin.   

• Like 6

That's two good drivers right there!!

Do you have either of these in stock at GS Robs golf emporium?

• Like 7

Bryson DeChambeau

Here's my first fitting. I just guessed at the input parameters so I don't think the results are very representative of my true distances. I don't think my AOA is very high on the + side so I selected level. I used a medium-slow swing speed since I'm 63.5 yrs and I do generally have a fairly quick transition. With this input I'm losing distance. Perhaps up to 46 yards as it showed my total distance is 199 yards. I average 245 off the tee. Next time I might bring along some LM data and see how the results vary. Next time I'll also use expert mode and see what I get. Kind of wish I could have gone back and adjusted the AOA and swing speed to see if I can obtain driver distances closer to my real world experience. I don't fault the program and I found it interesting. I'll probably try it again soon. I wouldn't have a problem testing or playing either of the two selections as long as I don't lose yardage.

TGF.PNG

• Like 1

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Really cool tool and thank you for all the effort you put into it. I'm curious if the selections given to the golfers are based on what is in MGS testing only or are all drivers represented? For example I game the XXIO X driver which I don't think was tested in most wanted driver.

• Like 1

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Do you have either of these in stock at GS Robs golf emporium?

Not currently. But the 917 D3 was in my bag for almost all of 2017.

It is a low spin head that even with my paltry 90 mph swing I was able to hit it pretty well. In the end as I changed my swing to have less negative AOA I actually needed a bit more spin to carry it a bit further. That's when I went to the 400 Max.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Same here.  Haven't tried it yet but I will.  I currently have two drivers, Callaway XR16 and Bombtech Grenade 2.  Curious if offbrand clubs like Bombtech will even be considered 

Really cool tool and thank you for all the effort you put into it. I'm curious if the selections given to the golfers are based on what is in MGS testing only or are all drivers represented? For example I game the XXIO X driver which I don't think was tested in most wanted driver.

• Like 1

I will be your Huckleberry!! Question is where do I start? I am assuming the recommendation is based off of MGS testing but should I go with stock shaft and which loft?6d4cd271b167940f6c47d630bef91b7e.jpeg

Bryson DeChambeau