Our Sponsors

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just saw the rollout tweet. Trying it out now. Let's post our results and talk about this long-anticipated MGS feature: https://truegolffit.com/.   UPDATE: So it's recommending the M4 for me. That's

Great question!   For right now this tool is for the golfer who has never been fit or for one who has not had a very thorough fitting (still the majority of golfers).   That being said this will c

Feedback:     1. Be patient the product will evolve. We hope to add shafts and loft and flex as well.  But remember, just because you want it does not mean we should give it if we are not confident

Posted Images

For example I game the XXIO X driver which I don't think was tested in most wanted driver.

XXIO X was part of the 2018 most wanted driver testing.  

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

XXIO X was part of the 2018 most wanted driver testing.

Thanks, found it at the bottom, haha. Since I buy my clubs with a 90 day return policy for full credit I have used the ST180, Cobra F8 and now the XXIO and the X driver has easily performed the best for me. I'll gIve the fitting a try and see what comes up.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

The more I think about this product the more I think of how revolutionary it really is. It must be a dream realized for the MGS team because this was probably the original mission statement. Fit golfers to the best equipment for their unique swings based off of performance not marketing....its really amazing to see in reality. I mean it fit me into two drivers that I can find for great prices on various websites. If anyone else did this it would spit out Callaway Rogue or something else just because it is new and expensive but this tool spits out the best performing driver....wow!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

@GolfSpy_X How are you going to handle the "shafts" question?

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

@GolfSpy_X How are you going to handle the "shafts" question?

Matt, if you haven't done so already, read my post #27 and X's reply in post #28, it touches on this a bit.  

• Like 5

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Just curious will this data be reset each year, or will you continue to keep the old data in there?  

For example if it was 2020, would there be a possibility that it would recommend a driver from 2018 because it still is the best performer for my swing characteristics? 

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

Well this was a waste of $7. I got fit not long and swung pretty much every driver out there this year. So I had all my numbers to put in here, swing speed and AOA. The best numbers for me were the F8+, but the Epic was the most consistent and pretty similar numbers. That's what I went with. This thing just fit me for the 917 D2 at +16.81 yards and +5.45% accuracy and the GT180 at +4.55 yards and +0.91% accuracy. The 917 was one of the worst that I swung in the fitting. Way behind in distance and ball speed. It was one I put down right away. I didn't swing the Mizuno, but these numbers wouldn't convince me to try it. 

As near as I can tell the truegolffit site ends up optimizing the users launch angle and spin using various clubs. It would be great if there was a way to forward on swing data from a user and the truegolffit selected clubs to refine the predictions.  There may be other secondary swing characteristics that account for any individual discrepancy between predicted and actual.

Thanks, I really like the concept.

IMG_0680.JPG

Glad to see this go live.....I've been missing in action for awhile due to work commitments and I've been nursing a torn rotator cuff.

I ponied up my $7 and this is what I got.....looking forward to hitting the M3 based on these numbers.

• Like 3

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

The gains part is what confused me a bit and I might of missed when reading the site.

Not sure what the gains number it's based on

Are the distance and accuracy gains based on the worst driver for you or the average driver for you or something else entirely?

All in all this is a great tool that should be used by the majority of golfers.

I had the same thought when going through the beta test.  How does the TGF know what I would gain in distance and accuracy over my current driver?  It doesn't even know what I'm hitting now.

• Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

attachicon.gif IMG_0680.JPG

Glad to see this go live.....I've been missing in action for awhile due to work commitments and I've been nursing a torn rotator cuff.

I ponied up my $7 and this is what I got.....looking forward to hitting the M3 based on these numbers.

The Callaway Roque was in the top two in my Club Champion fitting and the Ping G400 Max came out on top.   I hit the M4 however did not spend in time with the M3.   Now I'm interested to see how the M4 compares to my Ping.  I might have to run over to Dicks and have a side by side comparison. 

• Like 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

I'm a big believer in shaft over club head. It's just my personal experience the shaft has such a tremendous effect. I was given a Mizuno ST 180 as a retirement gift. I'm extremely consistent with my Ping but out of respect for those who gifted it I tried to game the ST 180. The shaft is or should I say was a Tensei Blue. Man I rolled that thing down the fairway. It was painful!!!!!! I then switched the shaft with a higher launching shaft. It's still not as consistent as the Ping but it does fly 10 to 15 yards further. 10 yards may not sound like much but it is basically a full club difference hitting into the green. So for me a club fitting without shaft evaluation would be very suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I'm a big believer in shaft over club head. It's just my personal experience the shaft has such a tremendous effect. I was given a Mizuno ST 180 as a retirement gift. I'm extremely consistent with my Ping but out of respect for those who gifted it I tried to game the ST 180. The shaft is or should I say was a Tensei Blue. Man I rolled that thing down the fairway. It was painful!!!!!! I then switched the shaft with a higher launching shaft. It's still not as consistent as the Ping but it does fly 10 to 15 yards further. 10 yards may not sound like much but it is basically a full club difference hitting into the green. So for me a club fitting without shaft evaluation would be very suspect.

Understand your personal experience, but any reputable dotter will first start with a club head and then fine tune within a shaft.

I don't disagree that the wrong shaft can make you alter your swing and produce bad results, but true performance starts with the head

• Like 4

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

I had the same thought when going through the beta test.  How does the TGF know what I would gain in distance and accuracy over my current driver?  It doesn't even know what I'm hitting now.

Absolutely agree Kenny. Without a reference to what it's compared to it doesn't make sense. 

Is it compared to averages of all drivers in Most Wanted testing, is it compared to the median driver, is it random?

I didn't really see any answer to Matt's shaft question in GolfSpy X's reply (#28). For example, the Mizuno ST180 comes with multiple options, all of which are "standard", does TGF tell you which one? 

Comments I've read on the blog suggest that it doesn't give any information other than head brand/model and shaft flex, is this true or just people taking cheap shots?

• Like 4

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:cobra-small: F8 4 Hybrid
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Absolutely agree Kenny. Without a reference to what it's compared to it doesn't make sense.

Is it compared to averages of all drivers in Most Wanted testing, is it compared to the median driver, is it random?

I didn't really see any answer to Matt's shaft question in GolfSpy X's reply (#28). For example, the Mizuno ST180 comes with multiple options, all of which are "standard", does TGF tell you which one?

Comments I've read on the blog suggest that it doesn't give any information other than head brand/model and shaft flex, is this true or just people taking cheap shots?

There are some pics that show the results, but yes, just head, and shaft stiffness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

I'm wondering if this baby was rolled out too early...

Without being able to input current driver/ Shaft, nor offering any shaft options other than what comes stock, it just seems too general.

Is it basically just a cross link to the “most wanted” driver / iron tests?

Which for the average joe I suppose is just fine, but I just don't get all the hyperbole.

Is the secret linked to the hdcp input maybe? Because that's really the only input item that wasn't very general.

But again, I suppose it is a non-salesman biased suggestion tool...

I feel like Randy Jackson on American idol...

“I dunno dog, I dunno....”

And then I think I read it's more for the non-spy type, but if they're not a spy, how will they even know about it?

I dunno dawg....

• Like 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Very interesting, just tried it. Have been feeling my M3 is not performing as well as expected. The TrueGolfFit fit me with Rogue. This was interesting because my sim testing at PGA tour superstore the Rogue surprisingly was my best performer. They could be on to something here.

• Like 1