Our Sponsors

So as in my example, the top one is going to give me the best numbers? Or the Z565 is going to give me 20 yards further? Or am I going to hit it 276 yards with either one? Sorry ... still confused. LOL

As far as I know, the Z565 is going to give you 276 and the next driver will give you 276 minus the difference in the distance gains. E.G. If the next one is +15 yards, then the Z565 will go 276 and the next club will go 271.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just saw the rollout tweet. Trying it out now. Let's post our results and talk about this long-anticipated MGS feature: https://truegolffit.com/.   UPDATE: So it's recommending the M4 for me. That's

Great question!   For right now this tool is for the golfer who has never been fit or for one who has not had a very thorough fitting (still the majority of golfers).   That being said this will c

Feedback:     1. Be patient the product will evolve. We hope to add shafts and loft and flex as well.  But remember, just because you want it does not mean we should give it if we are not confident

Posted Images

I'd like my $7 back

Send me your PayPal-

I'll send you $7, just because I'd like to be the one who provides the only refund ever requested...

• Like 8

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

I ponied up and ping g400 lst and wilson c300 were recommended. And, in the nature of using the tool as it was recommended, as an "off the shelf tool, I did the following.

I went to PGASS and hit both. The c300 was pitiful. I knew it would be as I hit it previously and didn't like it. Though 10 degree stiff was recommended for me I hit multiple configurations. NADA.

then the helpful sales lady helped me with the ping lst. Hit the 10, the 8.5 in stock stiff, xtorsion stiff, stock regular. I hit and logged 36 drives with the ping lst. LONGEST drive was 237, average about 218.

As reference, in 367 drives that I've tracked on my ping G 9 degree, my driving average is 241. I use project x LZ 5.5.

Then, to test other ping configurations, I went to GG and tracked another 60 drives using lst, max and again, none were to my average.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I ponied up and ping g400 lst and wilson c300 were recommended. And, in the nature of using the tool as it was recommended, as an "off the shelf tool, I did the following.

I went to PGASS and hit both. The c300 was pitiful. I knew it would be as I hit it previously and didn't like it. Though 10 degree stiff was recommended for me I hit multiple configurations. NADA.

then the helpful sales lady helped me with the ping lst. Hit the 10, the 8.5 in stock stiff, xtorsion stiff, stock regular. I hit and logged 36 drives with the ping lst. LONGEST drive was 237, average about 218.

As reference, in 367 drives that I've tracked on my ping G 9 degree, my driving average is 241. I use project x LZ 5.5.

Then, to test other ping configurations, I went to GG and tracked another 60 drives using lst, max and again, none were to my average.

This tool is only for new drivers. Your swing may be fit best to an older driver. This is a feature they are planning on adding in the future.
  • Like 2

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Yes, and putters too. I wonder if they could eventually work in some iPING putting app data into dialing in your chosen putter. 

According to the theory of TGF, they would match your iPING stats to a putter that was successful for someone with your iPING stats.

Big data - they has it

• Like 2

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Can I ask, what is your normal average swing speed?

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 10.55.39 PM.png

I'm interested to try the Srixon.

What would really be cool would be to put in your own driver and have the model tell you what you need to do to optimize it. I don't know that I can change my swing speed, but maybe my AoA isn't right. It'd be worth at least another $7 to know how I can get more out of my current driver.

For a version 1.0 release, this is really well done. I work for a fairly large software company and believe me, releasing software is hard.

• Like 6

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

X - I would recommend that you have someone take a look at the site in Safari on a Mac. It's not rendering the way you'd like.

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 8.55.57 AM.png

Works just fine in Chrome for Mac, however.

• Like 2

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Just paid my $7 dollars and got 2 driver head recommendations....  :huh:  interesting but certainly not worth $7 bucks!

Without shaft details (at least flex and model from stock options) the process and system is flawed, that's what I thought I would get. You would get fairly big differences if you go for the recommended driver with a regular or stiff shaft... not sure how that is built into the model.

Until they add shaft and flex they system is pretty pointless in my opinion; they do plan to add those data points in the future though - definitely worth $7 when that's in place, hell I'd even pay $20 for that, but for now save your $7 and wait for version 2.0.

This tool is only for new drivers. Your swing may be fit best to an older driver. This is a feature they are planning on adding in the future.

The differences are probably due to the various shafts and loft combos used versus your current driver & shaft combo - without specific shaft/flex/loft recommendations you may not see any gains. Maybe if you tried every single shaft & loft you might end up with the various numbers shown in the recommendation, but until they add that feature it's still a guessing game, although you have some good clues.

Thanks for the response.

With regard to the shafts, as I understand it, the whole algorithm taps into the Most Wanted data, and the clubs tested are with the"standard" shaft, with the most appropriate flex for each tester. Could you link the shaft model from the testing into the output.

I fully get that it would be almost impossible to get usable data for all the shaft options out there, but for the shafts you've actually used in testing you've already got it, and it's the shaft that relates directly to your data.

Can you clarify the what the distance and accuracy improvement figures are relative to, as I'm sure most of us are a little confused by it.

The sell out claims are about as stupid as claiming the Most Wanted results are rigged. Pretty sure Tommy Armour putters haven't got a massive marketing slush fund!

Keep up the good work.

This would make it worth the $7 at least - with no shaft/flex/loft reference you can't use the recommendations without serious trial and error and wasted money! 

attachicon.gif Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 10.55.39 PM.png

I'm interested to try the Srixon.

What would really be cool would be to put in your own driver and have the model tell you what you need to do to optimize it. I don't know that I can change my swing speed, but maybe my AoA isn't right. It'd be worth at least another $7 to know how I can get more out of my current driver.

For a version 1.0 release, this is really well done. I work for a fairly large software company and believe me, releasing software is hard.

If you do switch I will take that F8 off your hands...I have the Srixon on the way so let me test it then if it doesn't work out I can forward it your way

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

@Geeking - check your PMs

• Like 1

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

The Srixon z765 with stiff stock shaft is arriving next Wednesday so it will be in play for my Friday round so I will update with results after

• Like 4

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

Thanks to my good buddy @03trdblack I will be receiving a Srixon Z565 in a few days.  So next week I will post back with some of the results I see.  I'd like to see numbers on a Trackman and not with beat up range balls.  But .... I'll hopefully be able to compare it next to my Titleist 917 gamer on Tuesday during league play.  Stay Tuned! 

• Like 7

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:   :titelist-small:  TS2 9.5* UST ATTAS COOOL 

Fairways  :titelist-small: HZRDUS Smoke 13.5*

Driving Iron:  :titelist-small: U500 17* UST V2

Irons  :titelist-small: T300 4 & 5 iron, T200 6 - W Project X Catalyst 100cw

Wedges  :vokey-small: SM7 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter  :cameron-small:  Newport  

Ball  :titelist-small: 2020 AVX

I tried TGF, but I'm not confident in its results.  Maybe because I'm not confident in the answers to the ambiguous questions that are used to spit out a result.  Then I discovered the videos that help you answer the questions.

So first attempt, I put in data I thought was "about right."  I used a 15 handicap, medium swing speed, level AoA, and medium tempo.  It then goes through its "big data" analysis and pops out a  TM M3 or M4.  So I mull this over for awhile.  I got rid of my TM Superfast in 2017 because the shaft was too long and I couldn't control it.  I replaced it with a Titleist D2 917 and have been enjoying it a lot.

Now I look at this result (and the videos) a little more realistically and figure out, my bi-weekly golf scores come in around 86-92, so my wishful thinking handicap is probably 18ish (because I don't maintain an official one). 

My average drive flys straight about 200+/- yards, so my swing speed is probably slow rather than medium (I discount the occasional 230-250 as outliers).

I have no idea what my Angle of Attack is, but I assume level because my drives climb at a slight angle.  However, if I put the ball a little further forward I can get better elevation but have to adjust my aim more to the right to compensate. Although it looks prettier, I'm not so sure it gives me much better distance.

Finally, I have to guess at tempo.  It's definitely not slow, I'd like to think it's medium, but I can't rule out quick.  So for now, I'll have to assume medium.

It's time to update my answers to take into account reality.  I decide to re-enter my stats, and at the cost of another $7, (this is starting to get expensive!  ;) ), and NOW my perfect driver is a Ping G400 with 14+ yards and miniscule accuray improvement, OR, a Cobra FMAX with only 3+ yards and 14+% improvement in accuracy!  Ohhh, what to do???

Maybe I should pay the $100 for a professional fitter to figure out the right answers to these ambiguous questions so I can spend yet another $7 to find out my perfect driver!

I wonder if this "big data" approach will work for irons some day.   :lol:

• Like 1

I tried TGF, but I'm not confident in its results. Maybe because I'm not confident in the answers to the ambiguous questions that are used to spit out a result. Then I discovered the videos that help you answer the questions.

So first attempt, I put in data I thought was "about right." I used a 15 handicap, medium swing speed, level AoA, and medium tempo. It then goes through its "big data" analysis and pops out a TM M3 or M4. So I mull this over for awhile. I got rid of my TM Superfast in 2017 because the shaft was too long and I couldn't control it. I replaced it with a Titleist D2 917 and have been enjoying it a lot.

Now I look at this result (and the videos) a little more realistically and figure out, my bi-weekly golf scores come in around 86-92, so my wishful thinking handicap is probably 18ish (because I don't maintain an official one).

My average drive flys straight about 200+/- yards, so my swing speed is probably slow rather than medium (I discount the occasional 230-250 as outliers).

I have no idea what my Angle of Attack is, but I assume level because my drives climb at a slight angle. However, if I put the ball a little further forward I can get better elevation but have to adjust my aim more to the right to compensate. Although it looks prettier, I'm not so sure it gives me much better distance.

Finally, I have to guess at tempo. It's definitely not slow, I'd like to think it's medium, but I can't rule out quick. So for now, I'll have to assume medium.

It's time to update my answers to take into account reality. I decide to re-enter my stats, and at the cost of another $7, (this is starting to get expensive! ;) ), and NOW my perfect driver is a Ping G400 with 14+ yards and miniscule accuray improvement, OR, a Cobra FMAX with only 3+ yards and 14+% improvement in accuracy! Ohhh, what to do???

Maybe I should pay the $100 for a professional fitter to figure out the right answers to these ambiguous questions so I can spend yet another $7 to find out my perfect driver!

I wonder if this "big data" approach will work for irons some day.

Handicap isn't average. It's scoring potential. Your handicap is probably closer to 12 or 14 than 18
  • Like 3

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

I'm confused...I was trying to log back in and see what numbers I put in. When I put the numbers that I thought in again it say max distance would be 252. Well wish there was a way to see what I put in before.

Bryson DeChambeau