Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Weight loss update

Figured I'd check back in and update things since at the forum outset I'd been one to use this section so much.

Started things about the time the forum kicked off.....and started at 232 lbs with a 40" pant size. Been changing my eating habits, working out (both on my own and with a trainer), running, yoga, cycle classes, core training....just a bit of everything.

Now weighing 200 lbs (have even seen some sub-200 numbers every so often), and in super comfortably in a size 36 pant. I'm probably more like a 34", but most of them fit me in the waist but not through the hips and butt. I haven't weighed this in at least 15yrs, and was a size 34" back in college at 188 lbs. Still a solid 10 more pounds to go. My trainer says we can still get another 3-4" off my waist.

Coincidentally, or not, I've had my best golf season ever this past season.

Just figured I'd update things....hopefully it will offer encouragement to anyone else trying to lose weight/get back in shape. I very much hated getting started exercising again. After playing college sports and working out forever, I had just let myself go too far. It was very difficult at first....but I just kept at it. If I can do it, so can you.

Well done sir, it must feel good to be getting so close to your goal weight. I'm in a similar boat starting at 278lbs and 42in waist (6'5" tall), and now at 253 and 38in.....I still have a ways to go to get to that 217 college playing weight, but seeing others have success makes it easier to keep pushing. Congrats on sticking with it!

B)

But seriously....

Been eating better, cutting out all the junk. Lots of fruits and veggies. Lots of meat, lots of low carb stuff.

It's been a combination of the old tried and true: eat better, eat less, exercise more.....more calories burned than taken in.

B)

But seriously....

Been eating better, cutting out all the junk. Lots of fruits and veggies. Lots of meat, lots of low carb stuff.

It's been a combination of the old tried and true: eat better, eat less, exercise more.....more calories burned than taken in.

do you find that your swing feels different now? I dropped 30 pounds and I know i used to take the club a little outside, now when i take it back it may be in a perfect position but it feels like im sucking it inside.

People Sleep Peacibly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

• 4 weeks later...

I don't feel like my swing feels any different other than what I've intentionally worked on with my instructors. I will mention that this past season I've had my best season ever and lowered my handicap to the lowest it's been in a long time.

I don't think that's directly related to the weight loss, but I know it didn't hurt.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't feel like my swing feels any different other than what I've intentionally worked on with my instructors. I will mention that this past season I've had my best season ever and lowered my handicap to the lowest it's been in a long time.

I don't think that's directly related to the weight loss, but I know it didn't hurt.

NGage,

Congratulations on your progress. Glad to hear that youve committed to a lifestyle change and and getting the results. Thats AWESOME!!!!!

if i can chime in here about filling in on the "why" his golf game has improved - its not rocket science that your body in an obese state works against your mind, specifically cognitive function, and a fitter in shape body has less garbage to wade thru, which holds one down. there are thousands of sub-reasons we could micro manage but the bottom line is when your doing all of the stuff one should do to be fit, there is definitely a performance benefit.

try performing the action of driving a car when your sleepy. not so good. well its not that your stupider, or forgot how to drive. the body has an influence, in this case tired, and acts upon the mind. out of shape for this argument has a similar effect.

then again i could be lying and it could just be white ferrules tongue.gif

:cobra-small: Staffer 

:Arccos: Staffer 

www.MANAVIANGolf.com

Archived