TESTERS WANTED! ×

Electric golf cart?

PPOPHIL

Any owners of QOD electric golf cart?

I've always loved walking the golf course, but with the passage of time I've managed to find excuses to ride in a cart instead of walking and carrying my bag.  So I went online and bought the QOD electric trolley, which takes the weight of the bag off of my shoulders.  After two days of playing and walking with the QOD carrying my cubs for me, I have nothing but good things to say about it.  Set-up is simple, it fits easily in a car trunk, it rolls up any hill that I can climb behind it, its acceptably stable crossing reasonable side slopes, and I enjoyed walking my way around a golf course in a way I haven't enjoyed for a long while.  If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer them. 

A note about customer service.  On the course yesterday I was fiddling with the catch that holds the drive wheel onto the axle, and managed to detach it, and further couldn't get it to re-latch properly.  No big deal, finished the round, came home, and brought it inside to fiddle some more.  I still couldn't get it to latch properly, so I emailed the Contact at QOD, around 4 PM on Saturday.  Within an hour I had a return email explaining the problem, suggesting a first course of action, as well as a second if the first didn't work out.  Color me impressed, customer service on a Saturday afternoon, returning emails.  

For those who would like to read a more detailed review, I suggest you take a look here:

https://thesandtrap.com/b/accessories/qod_electric_golf_cart_review

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I've always loved walking the golf course, but with the passage of time I've managed to find excuses to ride in a cart instead of walking and carrying my bag. So I went online and bought the QOD electric trolley, which takes the weight of the bag off of my shoulders. After two days of playing and walking with the QOD carrying my cubs for me, I have nothing but good things to say about it. Set-up is simple, it fits easily in a car trunk, it rolls up any hill that I can climb behind it, its acceptably stable crossing reasonable side slopes, and I enjoyed walking my way around a golf course in a way I haven't enjoyed for a long while. If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

A note about customer service. On the course yesterday I was fiddling with the catch that holds the drive wheel onto the axle, and managed to detach it, and further couldn't get it to re-latch properly. No big deal, finished the round, came home, and brought it inside to fiddle some more. I still couldn't get it to latch properly, so I emailed the Contact at QOD, around 4 PM on Saturday. Within an hour I had a return email explaining the problem, suggesting a first course of action, as well as a second if the first didn't work out. Color me impressed, customer service on a Saturday afternoon, returning emails.

For those who would like to read a more detailed review, I suggest you take a look here:

Wow, folds really small but at that price I just don't know. If I had the extra dough, without a doubt it would be a good buy.

#PowerToThePlayer

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Wow, folds really small but at that price I just don't know. If I had the extra dough, without a doubt it would be a good buy.

#PowerToThePlayer

My course is pretty hilly, and has a few long walks between holes.  I used a tracking app yesterday, and my golf bag went 5.7 miles, and went up (and back down) something over 500 vertical feet.   I've walked it in the past, and carried my clubs, but its just gotten to be a little too tough for my old body.  When I figure a cart costs around $20 for 18 holes, the QOD is a little less than a year's worth of cart fees.  And this way I'm truly getting exercise, and enjoying the walk. 

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I've always loved walking the golf course, but with the passage of time I've managed to find excuses to ride in a cart instead of walking and carrying my bag. So I went online and bought the QOD electric trolley, which takes the weight of the bag off of my shoulders. After two days of playing and walking with the QOD carrying my cubs for me, I have nothing but good things to say about it. Set-up is simple, it fits easily in a car trunk, it rolls up any hill that I can climb behind it, its acceptably stable crossing reasonable side slopes, and I enjoyed walking my way around a golf course in a way I haven't enjoyed for a long while. If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

A note about customer service. On the course yesterday I was fiddling with the catch that holds the drive wheel onto the axle, and managed to detach it, and further couldn't get it to re-latch properly. No big deal, finished the round, came home, and brought it inside to fiddle some more. I still couldn't get it to latch properly, so I emailed the Contact at QOD, around 4 PM on Saturday. Within an hour I had a return email explaining the problem, suggesting a first course of action, as well as a second if the first didn't work out. Color me impressed, customer service on a Saturday afternoon, returning emails.

Thx for info and the link! This looks good; gonna take a serious look at it, and try to compare it to the eWheels and others.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Thx for info and the link! This looks good; gonna take a serious look at it, and try to compare it to the eWheels and others.

MY wife had a BatCaddy, and was disappointed by the durability.  She now uses a CartTek, and is pretty happy with it.  She likes the remote control, but I found it pretty distracting.  I prefer steering the thing with my own hands.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Thanks for sharing the link to the article.  Really interesting.  Looks like a great bag cart.  

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

• 4 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:24 PM, DaveP043 said:

MY wife had a BatCaddy, and was disappointed by the durability.  She now uses a CartTek, and is pretty happy with it.  She likes the remote control, but I found it pretty distracting.  I prefer steering the thing with my own hands.

Our course has a demo Kangaroo Z series, and I've taken it out several times. I like the stability. I don't like the weight, price, and the fact that, my almost 20 year old Powacaddy, is quieter. On guy in my group has a hands on Cart Tek, and it seems nice. Is your wife still enjoying her remote Cart Tek, and is there anything more you can tell me about it?

All is good with the Cart Tek, although it's getting a little time off now with the onset of winter.  If you have any specific questions, ill be glad to ask her

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

One of our Seniors plays and walks 4 days a week. Yesterday he showed up with an electric remote control cart called.......MGI Zip Navigator Lithium Remote Control Golf Caddy

It currently sells for $1,600.

Really cool

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

16 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

All is good with the Cart Tek, although it's getting a little time off now with the onset of winter.  If you have any specific questions, ill be glad to ask her

I've enjoyed using the remote control Kangaroo, so I guess my first decision will be if I want a remote or hands on model. As far as the CartTek remote, I have heard that the front end is so light, that some have added weight to their bags or the front end. Also, how is the overall stability? Thanks.

Once again this topic has grabbed my attention. I have an old Bat Caddy electric cart that's been sitting in my garage for years. I hated it. But yesterday I was reading this thread and started thinking about the Alphard eWheels conversion kit/motor for my SunMountain Speed Cart. (semi-thread jacking?) I like the QOD and it seems like a decent cart. Dave likes it and has provided good information as it relates to his experience. However, and for $600 I'm getting tempted to give the eWheels a go since I already have a push cart that will convert. Personally, I don't think any of these carts are perfect. Including the eWheels conversion. It's more of a matter of what you can live with as related to perfection. They all have various idiosyncrasies and such. For example, I've read somewhere that the eWheels works better if your front wheel or wheels swivel. Mine do not. I also need to enquire about battery replacement/cost as it will need to be replaced at some point. Anyway...

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Plaid - If you take the plunge, please keep us posted.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

• 5 months later...
On 1/20/2019 at 11:07 AM, PlaidJacket said:

Once again this topic has grabbed my attention. I have an old Bat Caddy electric cart that's been sitting in my garage for years. I hated it. But yesterday I was reading this thread and started thinking about the Alphard eWheels conversion kit/motor for my SunMountain Speed Cart. (semi-thread jacking?) I like the QOD and it seems like a decent cart. Dave likes it and has provided good information as it relates to his experience. However, and for $600 I'm getting tempted to give the eWheels a go since I already have a push cart that will convert. Personally, I don't think any of these carts are perfect. Including the eWheels conversion. It's more of a matter of what you can live with as related to perfection. They all have various idiosyncrasies and such. For example, I've read somewhere that the eWheels works better if your front wheel or wheels swivel. Mine do not. I also need to enquire about battery replacement/cost as it will need to be replaced at some point. Anyway...

I have had the Aplhard E Wheels for a year and half now. I have a 4 wheeled clic gear model 8. It turns fine on the grass and I have never had single days problem. I have a lot of weight on mine too. Full cart bag with probably more junk than usefulness. I have a cooler mounted under it (4 beers and ice), a pretty heavy Bose speaker and a Garmin gps. I bet I could go 27 holes on a single charge easily, even with all of that. Keep a couple of remote batteries for that day when they go dead and you are in business. 

Cart: image.png.50e429cab7658fa55a7699ecf1a9bc3b.pngElectric Cart Tek 1500

Driver: :ping-small: G430 LST  10.5  Mitsubishi Kai Li white 60 stiff

3 wood: :ping-small: G430 15 Mitsubishi Kai Li white 67 stiff

3 &4 hybrid:  pxg-logo.gif.f353978c9ce9413281f838c1a44b4b8e.gif0311 Gen 5 Mitsubishi MMT 80 stiff

Irons 5-GW:  pxg-logo.gif.f353978c9ce9413281f838c1a44b4b8e.gifPXG Gen 3 0311T Steelfiber 115 

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 6’s gw 50.8, sw 56.8, lob 62.8)

Putter: :odyssey-small: O-Works Red Versa #7S slant neck

Ball:  vice golf.png Vice Pro bridgestone_logo.jpg.4e27c12bc4cae05babb1372e71a3f149.jpg RXS

A number of guys at our club have the MGI Zip Navigator.  None of them have had any issues.  Our club just got some of the Club Car Tempo Walks which I used last week.  There were some glitches with it, but it confirmed that I wanted something similar.  After a fair amount of research I also opted for the MGI Zip Navigator.  I looked at the QOD, but I am not sure it would handle all the hills at our course.  

:callaway-small: Great Big Bertha 10.5 with Graphite Design AD-TP 6X
:callaway-small: Epic Flash 5 wood (-1) with Fujikura Pro 2.0 7X
:callaway-small: Epic 3 and 4 hybrid with Graphite Design AD-HY 85X
:mizuno-small: MP 18 MMC 5-PW with KBS C-taper Lite X-flex, hard-stepped 1x
:edel-golf-1: 51, 56, 60 wedges
:scotty-small: Newport 2
:titelist-small: ProV1x

6 minutes ago, BJMDO said:

A number of guys at our club have the MGI Zip Navigator.  None of them have had any issues.  Our club just got some of the Club Car Tempo Walks which I used last week.  There were some glitches with it, but it confirmed that I wanted something similar.  After a fair amount of research I also opted for the MGI Zip Navigator.  I looked at the QOD, but I am not sure it would handle all the hills at our course.  

my home club is pretty hilly, and my QOD does fine.  I do need to stabilize it going up, and going across isn't great, but overall its good.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia