Forum Structure Change: Equipment, University, and *Community* Read more... ×
Win a Custom Wedge Wizard Wedge: MGS Trick Shot Challenge Read more... ×
PPOPHIL

Electric golf cart?

Any owners of QOD electric golf cart?

I've always loved walking the golf course, but with the passage of time I've managed to find excuses to ride in a cart instead of walking and carrying my bag.  So I went online and bought the QOD electric trolley, which takes the weight of the bag off of my shoulders.  After two days of playing and walking with the QOD carrying my cubs for me, I have nothing but good things to say about it.  Set-up is simple, it fits easily in a car trunk, it rolls up any hill that I can climb behind it, its acceptably stable crossing reasonable side slopes, and I enjoyed walking my way around a golf course in a way I haven't enjoyed for a long while.  If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer them. 

A note about customer service.  On the course yesterday I was fiddling with the catch that holds the drive wheel onto the axle, and managed to detach it, and further couldn't get it to re-latch properly.  No big deal, finished the round, came home, and brought it inside to fiddle some more.  I still couldn't get it to latch properly, so I emailed the Contact at QOD, around 4 PM on Saturday.  Within an hour I had a return email explaining the problem, suggesting a first course of action, as well as a second if the first didn't work out.  Color me impressed, customer service on a Saturday afternoon, returning emails.  

For those who would like to read a more detailed review, I suggest you take a look here:

https://thesandtrap.com/b/accessories/qod_electric_golf_cart_review

• Like 4

I've always loved walking the golf course, but with the passage of time I've managed to find excuses to ride in a cart instead of walking and carrying my bag. So I went online and bought the QOD electric trolley, which takes the weight of the bag off of my shoulders. After two days of playing and walking with the QOD carrying my cubs for me, I have nothing but good things to say about it. Set-up is simple, it fits easily in a car trunk, it rolls up any hill that I can climb behind it, its acceptably stable crossing reasonable side slopes, and I enjoyed walking my way around a golf course in a way I haven't enjoyed for a long while. If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

A note about customer service. On the course yesterday I was fiddling with the catch that holds the drive wheel onto the axle, and managed to detach it, and further couldn't get it to re-latch properly. No big deal, finished the round, came home, and brought it inside to fiddle some more. I still couldn't get it to latch properly, so I emailed the Contact at QOD, around 4 PM on Saturday. Within an hour I had a return email explaining the problem, suggesting a first course of action, as well as a second if the first didn't work out. Color me impressed, customer service on a Saturday afternoon, returning emails.

For those who would like to read a more detailed review, I suggest you take a look here:

Wow, folds really small but at that price I just don't know. If I had the extra dough, without a doubt it would be a good buy.

#PowerToThePlayer

Wow, folds really small but at that price I just don't know. If I had the extra dough, without a doubt it would be a good buy.

#PowerToThePlayer

My course is pretty hilly, and has a few long walks between holes.  I used a tracking app yesterday, and my golf bag went 5.7 miles, and went up (and back down) something over 500 vertical feet.   I've walked it in the past, and carried my clubs, but its just gotten to be a little too tough for my old body.  When I figure a cart costs around $20 for 18 holes, the QOD is a little less than a year's worth of cart fees.  And this way I'm truly getting exercise, and enjoying the walk. 

• Like 5

I've always loved walking the golf course, but with the passage of time I've managed to find excuses to ride in a cart instead of walking and carrying my bag. So I went online and bought the QOD electric trolley, which takes the weight of the bag off of my shoulders. After two days of playing and walking with the QOD carrying my cubs for me, I have nothing but good things to say about it. Set-up is simple, it fits easily in a car trunk, it rolls up any hill that I can climb behind it, its acceptably stable crossing reasonable side slopes, and I enjoyed walking my way around a golf course in a way I haven't enjoyed for a long while. If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

A note about customer service. On the course yesterday I was fiddling with the catch that holds the drive wheel onto the axle, and managed to detach it, and further couldn't get it to re-latch properly. No big deal, finished the round, came home, and brought it inside to fiddle some more. I still couldn't get it to latch properly, so I emailed the Contact at QOD, around 4 PM on Saturday. Within an hour I had a return email explaining the problem, suggesting a first course of action, as well as a second if the first didn't work out. Color me impressed, customer service on a Saturday afternoon, returning emails.

Thx for info and the link! This looks good; gonna take a serious look at it, and try to compare it to the eWheels and others.

Thx for info and the link! This looks good; gonna take a serious look at it, and try to compare it to the eWheels and others.

MY wife had a BatCaddy, and was disappointed by the durability.  She now uses a CartTek, and is pretty happy with it.  She likes the remote control, but I found it pretty distracting.  I prefer steering the thing with my own hands.

• Like 1