How to fix ball skipping on the greens

Rgoonen

Mmm, I don't think so, at least not for most people, if it works for you, great, but that is not what I would recommend to anyone else.

Hitting on the downswing drastically increases pop up tendency. It hits the ball into the ground, and based on Newton's third law of motion, if there is a force pushing the ball down, the opposite force will push the ball up.

Impact just above the equator will help you to hit on the upswing and does help roll a little bit.

Actually this process will work for most golfers, unfortunately my explanation of it stinks. Here's a video of MB showing how it works. I couldn't find the original video I saw where his discusses the downward blow, but you can see how you would need that type of stroke to make this type of contact.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

I normally use a Taylormade Spider but have recently switched to a Bettinardi QB#6 and I have also changed my grip from a Pistol GT 2.0 to a 3.0. With my Spider I naturally had a decent roll but I wasn't feeling the putter like I used to so I changed.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I have used my Taylormade Ghost Spider for 7 years and seriously doubt it will ever leave my bag.

I have tried many many putters over the years to see if one could push the spider out, but no way, nothing comes close.

Do yourself a favor and go back to the Spider !!  :D

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9.0*    3-Wd: Taylormade M1-3HL    Hybrid: Taylormade Superfast 2.0 - 18*    Irons: Callaway Apex CF-19 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland 50, 56, 58    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider    Ball : Callaway Chrome Soft Yellow

Thanks Ping, for the excellent videos. BTW, did you notice that the instructor in the video insert was wearing a UK sweater? Go Big Blue! Also noticed they used an EVNRoll mallet putter.....Love my ER6.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Yeah, and in several vids, he also uses Snell balls!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I struggled with this last year and thought I was hitting too down on the ball without enough loft on the putter.  It was exactly the opposite the ball was too far forward with too much loft.  In order to get a better roll it "felt" like I was hitting slightly down on the ball but that feel just helped me not hit up on the ball so much.  

• Like 1

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

One of the things that's helped with my putting is I've adapted Rickie Fowler's putting style. I line up the ball and then hover the putter slightly over the green. It allows me to get a smooth stroke on the ball and has caused my putts to roll much smoother. It also allows me to get a better feel for my swing tempo on my putts.

Sent from my VS995 using MyGolfSpy mobile app