Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Arccos 360 w/ Caddie 2.0

hckymeyer

They are heavily water resistant. That being said I havent tried to dunk mine.
The tags are easily removable so that would be one option if they can't be dunked.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

They are heavily water resistant. That being said I havent tried to dunk mine.
The tags are easily removable so that would be one option if they can't be dunked.

That is right. they are removable.
I know I am going to get something this winter and am still stuck on which system to get. thanks DanB

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

21 hours ago, Har in the Hat said:

Not sure if this was covered, but has anyone washed their grips? 

I stick the end of the club in water while doing this. can the sensors be submerged ?

Like Danbrook I remove them when washing my grips.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

I said in my review about the course maps been out of date which for my home course is annoying but today I played Turnberry and as some of you maybe aware the POTUS commissioned a whole load of changes about 2 years ago after he bought the course, moving a lot of greens and substantially changing the layout. Arccos was all over the place especially when the green had moved. There is just no way to make sense of the round.

WIMB

Just received this from the R&A, in summary if the local rule for DMDs is in force then Arccos is conforming.

Dear Mr Sheppard, 

Thank you for your question regarding the conformance of your Arccos Distance Measuring Device (DMD).

Firstly I will assume that the Local Rule allowing the use of DMDs is in effect – if this is not the case then using a DMD is a breach of Rule 14-3.  In the case of the Arccos device, as the wind information is not from a measurement by the device but is, instead, from a public source, then that is okay.  Also, as the caddie option takes its strategy information from data obtained before the round and does not make any alterations during the round, then this is also allowed, as it is essentially the same as a strategy written out before the round and carried with you.  Therefore, if the Local Rule is in effect, then the features you mention in your email are both acceptable for use within the Rules.

I hope that this fully answers your question, but if you need more information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

Clive Roberts

Assistant Director – Equipment Standards

The R&A

WIMB

I used Arccos for all of 2 months maybe before I decided to sell it on eBay. Too many missed shots, too many mapping errors, and too much time spent looking at my phone trying to figure out what the hell happened and where to place the pin on the green. I contacted Arccos support on more than one occasion and they were extremely helpful which was a huge plus, but I was much too focused on Arccos and not enough on actual golf.

I say all this having used Game Golf for at least 3 years - first with GG Classic and then with GG Live. I've dogged Game Golf in the past for being behind on the statistics and their lackluster UI, but that system just seemed to work more often than not. And if I thought I missed a tag, I just tapped the club. If I needed to locate a pin, I just tapped the club and would remove that stroke post round.

I know GG Pro is supposed to be available next month, but I'll probably just purchase a brand new GG Live and forego all the automation that just seems to screw things up.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Just wanted to give an update on this - my stage 2 is coming - but I want to get another round or two in before I formulate all of my thoughts.  

Personally, I have not had any of the data issues others have had with the system and have found it very accurate.  I have also learned that either from not playing that much and/or getting older that I am not hitting the ball as far as I once did or thought I did.  

:taylormade-small:  M3 460 9.5* - ACCRA TZ6 M5

:callaway-small:  X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X

TaylorMade Jetspeed 19* w Matrix HM9

Mizuno MP-63 4-P Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small:  Toulon Portland w P2 React Grip

:titelist-small: 2019 Players 4 -  :titelist-small: Pro V1

1 hour ago, oaks said:

Just wanted to give an update on this - my stage 2 is coming - but I want to get another round or two in before I formulate all of my thoughts.  

Personally, I have not had any of the data issues others have had with the system and have found it very accurate.  I have also learned that either from not playing that much and/or getting older that I am not hitting the ball as far as I once did or thought I did.  

You must be special! What phone are you using? 

I wondering if the newer iPhones have better mic or audio CODECs.

WIMB

35 minutes ago, Alf. S said:

I was using an iPhone 8+, but did recently just get the Xs Max

:taylormade-small:  M3 460 9.5* - ACCRA TZ6 M5

:callaway-small:  X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X

TaylorMade Jetspeed 19* w Matrix HM9

Mizuno MP-63 4-P Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small:  Toulon Portland w P2 React Grip

:titelist-small: 2019 Players 4 -  :titelist-small: Pro V1

36 minutes ago, Alf. S said:

Do you have a case on your phone that covers the mic?

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

No case, but the phones have 2 mics. I going to dig I should be able to find out the difference between the audio input paths. 

WIMB

The sensitivity of recording and missing of shots does seem to be an issue. 

Disclaimer, this is all my conjecture and could be technically totally wrong

There are 2 possible ways it could miss a shot.

The first is with shot detection. I'm assuming the sensors have some sort of MEMS accelerometer in them i.e. can detect when the club is being swung. With the App enabled the phone is permanently in listen mode. When you swing the club the sensor sends a club unique audio pulse (setup in the pairing process) that the phone picks up and the phone then records club and location of the shot. For the shot to be recorded it must be able to trigger the accelerometer. The problem shots will be the little dinks around the green with your irons. This would also account for the putter having a more sensitive sensor i.e. it can detect smaller movements, and can miss the tap ins.

The second is the communication between sensor and phone. In my experience and following the thread this is the more inconsistent performance area. It seems to vary from phone model to phone model and is sensitive to even the orientation of the phone in your pocket. I used both an iPhone 6 and 7 when Oaks is using an 8 and getting better performance. Looking at the teardowns the iPhone 6/7 use the same chip for audio while the 8/X/X(x) use a different audio chip but but the electrical difference is not significant. One thing that has changed between the phones is the Adaptive Noise Cancellation algorithms (ANC) which is enhanced post iPhone 8. 

WIMB

I used Arccos for all of 2 months maybe before I decided to sell it on eBay. Too many missed shots, too many mapping errors, and too much time spent looking at my phone trying to figure out what the hell happened and where to place the pin on the green. I contacted Arccos support on more than one occasion and they were extremely helpful which was a huge plus, but I was much too focused on Arccos and not enough on actual golf.

I say all this having used Game Golf for at least 3 years - first with GG Classic and then with GG Live. I've dogged Game Golf in the past for being behind on the statistics and their lackluster UI, but that system just seemed to work more often than not. And if I thought I missed a tag, I just tapped the club. If I needed to locate a pin, I just tapped the club and would remove that stroke post round.

I know GG Pro is supposed to be available next month, but I'll probably just purchase a brand new GG Live and forego all the automation that just seems to screw things up.

Were you using an older version iPhone? I used Arccos for 5 months, 4 rounds/wk, and I had very few missed shots. They occurred when the sensor battery failed. Arccoss replaced them immediately.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I have an iPhone 7 which is plenty new enough to be compatible. At first I thought it was because some of the sensors would back out of the grip during my swing so I glued them all down and still had problems. Aside from that, the course mapping issues were extremely disappointing. There were at least 3 courses in my immediate area that had tee boxes cropped out of frame and another course a little further away that had all of the holes jumbled so they weren't in order. It was my first time playing that particular course so I was really relying on the map to see what each hole looked like and where the trouble was. I think I tried to use it for maybe 3 holes before I closed the app and re-downloaded Skydroid GPS to get what I needed. 

To be fair, I had missed shots with Game Golf when I used it as well, but it never seemed as frequent until my particular unit started to age which is what spurred the switch to Arccos - I had been wanting to try it and finally had an excuse. I never had any mapping issues with Game Golf though and fixing missed tags seemed to be easier for whatever reason.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I’m so sorry all for the delay in getting Stage 2 posted. I have had some life things get in the way of golf. My goal is to post Stage 2 on Friday, October 26.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Does anyone use Arccos with a disconnected iPhone. I thought I read here in the forums somewhere that someone was using Arccos for tracking their shots with a phone that didnt have cell service. I have the Arccos system but with my S9 ug I dont arrive at the course with 100% battery well i ain't making it all 18 holes on battery.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Does anyone use Arccos with a disconnected iPhone. I thought I read here in the forums somewhere that someone was using Arccos for tracking their shots with a phone that didnt have cell service. I have the Arccos system but with my S9 ug I dont arrive at the course with 100% battery well i ain't making it all 18 holes on battery.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I purchased an iPhone strictly for Arccos use that did not have cell service and I think HardcoreLooper did as well. I’d be happy to answer any questions you have.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Did any of you have to get in contact with Arccos to have a course mapped? I was wondering how long it took for them to do it. I read on their website that it would be done in three business days, that actually seems absurdly quick to me.

One of the two courses near my house is not mapped and I contacted them about making it as it's the one I play most. My last email with them was on October 8 when I sent them a shot of the scorecard and they responded that it's been sent to the mapping team.

I almost feel like I'm being extremely impatient, but I'm willing to play the other course until it's done, especially since the weather is cooling off and it's less crowded. My experience with their customer service has been nothing less than extraordinary. Shout out to HardcoreLooper for sending me the CSR they used during the Cobra Connect challenge.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Did any of you have to get in contact with Arccos to have a course mapped? I was wondering how long it took for them to do it. I read on their website that it would be done in three business days, that actually seems absurdly quick to me.

One of the two courses near my house is not mapped and I contacted them about making it as it's the one I play most. My last email with them was on October 8 when I sent them a shot of the scorecard and they responded that it's been sent to the mapping team.

I almost feel like I'm being extremely impatient, but I'm willing to play the other course until it's done, especially since the weather is cooling off and it's less crowded. My experience with their customer service has been nothing less than extraordinary. Shout out to HardcoreLooper for sending me the CSR they used during the Cobra Connect challenge.

My local course did some major work on 5 holes and it was 8 or so hours and they had it all fixed. I called them, sent them a email with the photos they needed and it was done in no time!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

is anyone using an LG phone?

I am buying new phones for the family and am thinking about the LG for its pic quality and also functionality with either SS or Arccos. My kid want iPhones and wife -Samsung Galaxy. 

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

This summer I was off to play Dismal River in Nebraska. I pinged them, helped them ID the course and get them a scorecard, and they had it mapped and in the system by the time I got there the next week. I thought it was pretty impressive.

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

Guys hopefully I’m not highjacking this thread but just wanted to relay an experience with the new Arccos Caddie smart grips I recently purchased that I really love, the grips are of high quality and the sensor is built right into the end as if you were to purchase a new set of cobra irons. The set came with 13 grips and 1 screw on round sensor for my putter. I’m very happy with everything except the round screw on sensor for my putter as I have a leather grip master pistol grip and it just doesn’t fit correctly and sticks out like a sore thumb. I understand the challenges of including a putter grip as there are a ton of styles and sizes, but I decided to email Arccos last night with an inquiry of possibly having a pistol shaped sensor that I would be able to buy, in fact I received an email this mornin stating they have some tear drop sensors left and that they would ship one over to me free of charge, looking forward to getting it and having a more streamlined look to my putter, top notch company! Big fan of Arccos and what they do.

I would like to update you guys on my question and experience with Arccos customer service. The main reason I asked was I got in touch with them on October 8th to ask them to map one of my local courses. They agreed to do it and from looking at their website, it would only take a couple of days. Fast forward to yesterday: I emailed them again to find out the status of the course mapping. By lunch today they had contacted me back and apologized as they had not gotten to it. By the end of lunch they contacted me that I had sent pictures of only the back nine. Oops, my bad. I emailed them the correct picture and within two hours they had it done. The customer service team is top notch and now I can't wait to get it this weekend and play this course.

Hi All!

BUMP!

My stage 2 is finally posted!

I apologize for the delay in getting this to you.  Feel free to ask questions if you need clarity on any of the points I made.

18 minutes ago, palvord said:

Hi All!

BUMP!

My stage 2 is finally posted!

I apologize for the delay in getting this to you.  Feel free to ask questions if you need clarity on any of the points I made.

Well done! Perfect timing since I have been re-reading the Arccos and Shot Scope reviews since Rob posted the MGS/Shot scope thing. I've said it before (perhaps even in this thread?), I'd really like the data that these systems provide, but I want it with limited intervention/error correction. I can deal with some pain for the free things I have played with on my phone, but I think I'd be a little salty if I paid a couple hundred dollars and had to sit at a computer and edit shots post round.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Well done! Perfect timing since I have been re-reading the Arccos and Shot Scope reviews since Rob posted the MGS/Shot scope thing. I've said it before (perhaps even in this thread?), I'd really like the data that these systems provide, but I want it with limited intervention/error correction. I can deal with some pain for the free things I have played with on my phone, but I think I'd be a little salty if I paid a couple hundred dollars and had to sit at a computer and edit shots post round.

I hope that I was clear that the data is great, if gathered accurately. I would agree that the expectations of equipment that we would spend some golf money on should work well and the way it claims.

On 11/2/2018 at 7:27 PM, MaxEntropy said:

Working in the electronics industry the False Accept/False Reject issues are going to be challenging for any offerings. Connectivity from club to watch, handheld or phone is solvable, especially now that Bluetooth mesh and Bluetooth Low Energy are available. The main challenge is being able to differentiate when there is a small movements in sensors and from my experience of both Arccos and Shot Scope neither of them are accurate at doing this, most of my missed shots are putts. Let's see how they respond.

WIMB

Out of curiosity will anyone be resetting their tags for the next season or will you continue on as is?
I was thinking I may reset my tags and just have my previous data recorded that way I can see some gains or losses following into the next year. Could help with some goal setting and not having the previous year influence those numbers.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I am shocked by the results of the Arccos review. I have had it in play either with Arccoss 360 for a month then the Cobra Connect for 5 months. The only issue I have had is the battery life. They are supposed to last 2 years but I have lost 3 sensors in the past 2 months. The only time I have dropped a shot was when the battery died. Routinely I check and adjust the putts as it may not pick up a tap in, which is my fault as the directions say to settle over the ball first then putt.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Out of curiosity will anyone be resetting their tags for the next season or will you continue on as is?
I was thinking I may reset my tags and just have my previous data recorded that way I can see some gains or losses following into the next year. Could help with some goal setting and not having the previous year influence those numbers.

Not a bad thought for trying to see how data changes year to year for better or worse.