TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Arccos 360 w/ Caddie 2.0

hckymeyer

I am shocked by the results of the Arccos review. I have had it in play either with Arccoss 360 for a month then the Cobra Connect for 5 months. The only issue I have had is the battery life. They are supposed to last 2 years but I have lost 3 sensors in the past 2 months. The only time I have dropped a shot was when the battery died. Routinely I check and adjust the putts as it may not pick up a tap in, which is my fault as the directions say to settle over the ball first then putt.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I’m happy to hear you’re having a positive experience. It could very well be that my sensors had the misfortune of being not all the way up to manufacturer standards.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

On 11/4/2018 at 12:02 PM, fozcycle said:

I am shocked by the results of the Arccos review. I have had it in play either with Arccoss 360 for a month then the Cobra Connect for 5 months. The only issue I have had is the battery life. They are supposed to last 2 years but I have lost 3 sensors in the past 2 months. The only time I have dropped a shot was when the battery died. Routinely I check and adjust the putts as it may not pick up a tap in, which is my fault as the directions say to settle over the ball first then putt.

What phone are you using?

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

It maybe worth doing a comparison of user experience against phone use. Anecdotally from the reviews the iPhone 8 and X is better than 6 and 7. Arccos are releasing an Apple watch that will do the sensing will that be any better? 

WIMB

What phone are you using?

I used the iPhone 7........I remember that once or twice, I put my phone in the back pocket, but it still picked up.

BTW, Arccoss & Cobra have been outstanding when it comes to sensor replacement.

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

It maybe worth doing a comparison of user experience against phone use. Anecdotally from the reviews the iPhone 8 and X is better than 6 and 7. Arccos are releasing an Apple watch that will do the sensing will that be any better? 

I use an iPhone 7. I haven’t had the opportunity to use a different phone to compare.

As technology improves, I feel the experience with Arccos will improve. Just like the original Bluetooth headphones or speakers had issues until the technology improved.

I am curious what the on course experience would be like with a newer model phone.

16 hours ago, palvord said:

As technology improves, I feel the experience with Arccos will improve. Just like the original Bluetooth headphones or speakers had issues until the technology improved.

I am curious what the on course experience would be like with a newer model phone.

Yeah me too, I'm going to have to upgrade soon and don't know whither to go for iPhone 8 or X. Fozcycle's posts saying his iPhone 7 works every time does throw me and have me doubt my upgrade choice.

FYI 

The main hardware that connects to the microphone on your phone is an Audio CODEC. The CODEC normally has its own microcontroller/DSP this does all the signal processing before passing it to the Application Processor (where the Arccos App runs). The iPhone 6 and 7 have the same CODEC, where as the 8 and X have a newer version but to my knowledge hardware wise there should not be any major performance difference. From a software point of view then the newer phones will have better Adaptive Noise Cancellation but these tend to be more focused on tuning for phone call use i.e holding the phone to the ear the phone will use the video microphone on the back of the phone to cancel background noise in the earpiece.

WIMB

Yeah me too, I'm going to have to upgrade soon and don't know whither to go for iPhone 8 or X. Fozcycle's posts saying his iPhone 7 works every time does throw me and have me doubt my upgrade choice.
FYI 
The main hardware that connects to the microphone on your phone is an Audio CODEC. The CODEC normally has its own microcontroller/DSP this does all the signal processing before passing it to the Application Processor (where the Arccos App runs). The iPhone 6 and 7 have the same CODEC, where as the 8 and X have a newer version but to my knowledge hardware wise there should not be any major performance difference. From a software point of view then the newer phones will have better Adaptive Noise Cancellation but these tend to be more focused on tuning for phone call use i.e holding the phone to the ear the phone will use the video microphone on the back of the phone to cancel background noise in the earpiece.

I have the iPhone 7 and it’s flawless for me, I had the older screw on sensors and recently changed to the Arcoss grips with built in sensors, my only discrepancies have been on the putting green and it’s usually during a tap in, but hardly ever.

I wanted to check in and let everyone know that our weather here in the Northeast has been dreadful on the weekends recently and I haven't gotten in any recent rounds.  I feel that I would be incomplete to post my Stage 2 review now - even though I am soo late with it.  I will try and get something soon - but I haven't seen any issues or problems like the others have.  Then again I haven't had as many rounds as the rest of you.  

:taylormade-small:  M3 460 9.5* - ACCRA TZ6 M5

:callaway-small:  X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X

TaylorMade Jetspeed 19* w Matrix HM9

Mizuno MP-63 4-P Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small:  Toulon Portland w P2 React Grip

:titelist-small: 2019 Players 4 -  :titelist-small: Pro V1

Did any of you have to get in contact with Arccos to have a course mapped? I was wondering how long it took for them to do it. I read on their website that it would be done in three business days, that actually seems absurdly quick to me.

One of the two courses near my house is not mapped and I contacted them about making it as it's the one I play most. My last email with them was on October 8 when I sent them a shot of the scorecard and they responded that it's been sent to the mapping team.

I almost feel like I'm being extremely impatient, but I'm willing to play the other course until it's done, especially since the weather is cooling off and it's less crowded. My experience with their customer service has been nothing less than extraordinary. Shout out to HardcoreLooper for sending me the CSR they used during the Cobra Connect challenge.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I had a course that was not mapped When I contacted them it was shortly Done. also with course correction was done quickly once they found out there was a issue.

• 3 weeks later...

OK after a lengthy review my abbreviated Stage 2 is up for viewing... this is definitely a To Be Continued review... 

I find a lot of promise with the Arccos 360 - I just don't have that much data to go with for my review. 

• 3 weeks later...

From the inbox today, here's some really good Arccos sales for the Christmas season. I'll maintain that this tracking system is great for your game. The other day, I straight up left my phone in the pocket the whole round and it captured every regular shot accurately. The only thing I had to edit was some putts and flag locations. I'm not 100% sold on Caddie because some of the recommendations have steered me wrong but that's a fixable problem through software updates. They've gotten the hardware right for sure. 

$50 off the sensors:

https://www.arccosgolf.com/products/arccos-caddie-smart-sensors/

$30 off smart grips + 1 year subscription to Caddie

https://www.arccosgolf.com/products/arccos-caddie-smart-grips/

Edit: It's like they can read my mind....

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

On 12/16/2018 at 9:31 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

From the inbox today, here's some really good Arccos sales for the Christmas season. I'll maintain that this tracking system is great for your game. The other day, I straight up left my phone in the pocket the whole round and it captured every regular shot accurately. The only thing I had to edit was some putts and flag locations. I'm not 100% sold on Caddie because some of the recommendations have steered me wrong but that's a fixable problem through software updates. They've gotten the hardware right for sure. 

$50 off the sensors:

https://www.arccosgolf.com/products/arccos-caddie-smart-sensors/

$30 off smart grips + 1 year subscription to Caddie

https://www.arccosgolf.com/products/arccos-caddie-smart-grips/

Edit: It's like they can read my mind....

100% Agree.    I like just leaving my phone in the pocket and reviewing my results after the round.   

Arccos 3.2 is out and I am excited to see what improvements have been made.

I however won't be able to test this out until the weather improves, so maybe March or April.  I'll try to be patient.

Did they have any notes on what they updated or changed? I know there was update with a bunch of new features which MGS had a article on. 

I'm in the same boat as you with no rounds locally till April at best. Hopefully the early cold weather leads to a early start of the season!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

16 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Did they have any notes on what they updated or changed? I know there was update with a bunch of new features which MGS had a article on. 

I'm in the same boat as you with no rounds locally till April at best. Hopefully the early cold weather leads to a early start of the season!

Here you go buddy:

386D7430-EE79-404D-ABF6-23CA99697930.pngE7A4B3D0-3B3E-4E48-A19C-23395E96F9D6.png566C6448-FCE0-4A1F-A8F7-265C19AED8FF.png9599B1E8-99A8-4782-902E-1A953922D2DE.png

I've been out to play once since the update and it's a much improved experience. In addition to the cool new features, the app just seems to work better overall. I don't mean to take ALL the credit, but these were definitely suggestions MGS sent in 😉

Now we just need to get the medals added so there can be an MGS leaderboard for Arccos as well. 🏅

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

That's awesome. I have to say I really live using arccos and I constantly find new features on it 

A leaderboard would be amazing, also help that shotscope craving I've been having. 

I know one of the take aways that some ppl didn't like having to edit the round or look for mistakes, however I found it was a great way to go back through the round and recap missed or made opportunities. 

I never found that many mistakes anyway, but it quickly became part of my post round routine. 

Maybe @Nunfa0 and I can do a little comparison during our round or two later in January.

Only other thing I have to do is get my iPhone screen replaced that I may have broke this last season... That and find it as it's gone mia since the end of the season.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

On 12/27/2018 at 11:42 AM, Apolloshowl said:

That's awesome. I have to say I really live using arccos and I constantly find new features on it 

A leaderboard would be amazing, also help that shotscope craving I've been having. 

I know one of the take aways that some ppl didn't like having to edit the round or look for mistakes, however I found it was a great way to go back through the round and recap missed or made opportunities. 

I never found that many mistakes anyway, but it quickly became part of my post round routine. 

Maybe @Nunfa0 and I can do a little comparison during our round or two later in January.

Only other thing I have to do is get my iPhone screen replaced that I may have broke this last season... That and find it as it's gone mia since the end of the season.

That sounds like a great idea 😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Hoping to get out and play this weekend to try out the new version of the Android software.  Praying for decent weather on Sunday.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I just updated to the new version (12/19/20018) and also recalibrated my android smartphone gyroscope sensor. 

All worked out! All shots where recognized and stored. No issue with battery life. My battery went from 55% down to 39% within 18 holes or 3.5 hours. 

There seems to be a decent development for Android users, well at least for mine.

best,

Henning

Edited by Sturgeon

Thats great to hear. The last time I used arccos on Android it was awful. Missed more the half the shots, course was outdated compared to Apple and so on. Would be nice to not have to carry around a second phone just for arccos if necessary!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Decided to play my 10 yr old PowerBilt Air Force Ones for a bit so I installed the Arccos 360’s and will try out the updates this weekend.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I just ordered the Arccos Link.   Can’t get here soon enough

34 minutes ago, oaks said:

I just ordered the Arccos Link.   Can’t get here soon enough

I am going to order mine as well! I think this is going to be a nice change for shot tracking as it will eliminate the need for the phone to always be on your person.  I think that you'll still need your phone for hole layouts and caddie suggestions.

2 hours ago, palvord said:

I am going to order mine as well! I think this is going to be a nice change for shot tracking as it will eliminate the need for the phone to always be on your person.  I think that you'll still need your phone for hole layouts and caddie suggestions.

For me that isn’t a problem as I mostly rely on my Bushnell for distances but like the data/analytics that Arccos provides.  

For me that isn’t a problem as I mostly rely on my Bushnell for distances but like the data/analytics that Arccos provides.  

That makes sense as an alternative to looking at the phone every shot. I may incorporate my Garmin S2 back into play and see if I can blend the old routine of just checking my watch for distances with the analytics of Arccos.

Well, things didn't go quite as planned for me this week.  Had a winter storm blow in and I came down with an awful cold.  Those two combined to cause me to cancel my plans to visit my brother in Florida.  Have rescheduled for a February visit.  But the long and short is that I'm going to be behind a week as far as the protocols are concerned.   😞

I've been a Lutheran pastor for almost 40 years.

• 1 month later...

I've enjoyed my Arccos so far. Great data to understand that i come up short of greens quite a bit. Even after 1-2 rounds i have made adjustments to club-up and hit more greens . Probably hit 15-20% more greens just because of that! Very interesting to see my consistency on distance the more i hit each club. Over time this data will be awesome!

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question that maybe you guys can answer?

If I buy a set of the sensors, can I use 2 of them in 2 different drivers? Just an idea that came to mind... Can I possibly just tag it as a 7w or something that I don't actually carry, or will it throw the data off because I'm hitting my 7w as far as my driver? In my mind it would work and it would just think I'm a godlike 7W player (or a really crappy driver hitter) but I work in tech, and things don't always make sense.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

22 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I have a question that maybe you guys can answer?

If I buy a set of the sensors, can I use 2 of them in 2 different drivers? Just an idea that came to mind... Can I possibly just tag it as a 7w or something that I don't actually carry, or will it throw the data off because I'm hitting my 7w as far as my driver? In my mind it would work and it would just think I'm a godlike 7W player (or a really crappy driver hitter) but I work in tech, and things don't always make sense.

The sensors don't know any better, you define them in the app, so yes, you can have 2 drivers. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV